Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna pls View Post
    yes i did. and i wrote in caps, the words which were used in the poll. did you read the poll. in my comment i never stated that i "do care for the poll" or "i do not care for the poll".

so i've no clue what your reply was about. do you even have a clue about what poll i comment about?
    Yeah honestly your first post makes about zero sense, I don't think half of it is English. I do know what poll you're talking about yes.

I pronounce it KarazHan, no CH-sound on ZH but emphasis on the H. Like when Stewie Griffin says "Cool wHip".

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    I don't pronounce it like any of those options. I say "Kara" like the "para" in "parachute", and "zhan" with a hard z like "zap" and a short a like "can". "Karra-zann". Three short hard syllables.
    Kara is "Care-a". :P

I dated a Kara.

People who think it is pronounced "Car-a" are blatantly wrong... that is the pronunciation of the name "Cara."

Blargh!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Also have to wonder... are all these underwater mounts pointing at an underwater zone to come?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Kara is "Care-a". :P

I dated a Kara.

People who think it is pronounced "Car-a" are blatantly wrong... that is the pronunciation of the name "Cara."

Blargh!
    I also say Care-a

But I've heard women named Kara pronounce it Car-a.

Deleted

/kærʌzɑːn/ is how i pronounce it.

Isn't that the same guy that did all the Riot spot light videos?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Wow. That exchange over solo content and raid content is the worst example of how detached the devs are from the player base. The comment was progression stops at 850 - answer - but you get lootz! That's not what he was asking for! And, the rest was basically "raid or die".

He's right, they need someone standing next to their desk reminding them that raids are not the only way to entertain people over time, and that "getting lootz!" is not the only way to provide content.

I'm still astonished they posted that. It cleary shows the disconnect between players and devs. And it's not good. 'Meaningful" in wow seems to only be fat lootz to the devs, not experiences. If you hit 850, raid or die. Because, lootz. Great game philosphy there, guys. So we'll see a mass exodus of players once they hit 850, I guess.

as a casual player, its never been easier to get into raiding. or mythics. or mythic + dungeons. this is the most accessible xpac to date, and its still not enough? at what point do you just say, "go play skyrim?" (or any other single player game?) its an MMO. it favors group content. It always will be that way.

Deleted
    Wow. That exchange over solo content and raid content is the worst example of how detached the devs are from the player base. The comment was progression stops at 850 - answer - but you get lootz! That's not what he was asking for! And, the rest was basically "raid or die".

He's right, they need someone standing next to their desk reminding them that raids are not the only way to entertain people over time, and that "getting lootz!" is not the only way to provide content.

I'm still astonished they posted that. It cleary shows the disconnect between players and devs. And it's not good. 'Meaningful" in wow seems to only be fat lootz to the devs, not experiences. If you hit 850, raid or die. Because, lootz. Great game philosphy there, guys. So we'll see a mass exodus of players once they hit 850, I guess.
    I never understoood why people like you, who dont want to play with other people, decided to play a Massively multiplayer online (MMO) game and then whine about not having enough single player content

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Also have to wonder... are all these underwater mounts pointing at an underwater zone to come?
    Thats exactly what I have been saying, so far 2 hard to get mounts (morgoss/kosu) now an easier one. All water based, these serve no purpose outside of a water themed area. Being that we are in the Lost Isles, it only makes sense that we gotta do some underwater stuff. With all the underwater beauty to discover in the ocean floor areas, it would seem to be a waste to go through the trouble to add the tropical lushness and ships and not have anything down there.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably said "ka-ra-zhan" like a spell but I don't care-a-zan. However Blizzard decides it's pronounced.

This isn't Cthulhu level grammar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Although I want to say yes with all the ruins and such that are dotted around the coastline of the Broken Isles that look like something should be there but unfortunately these mounts are really underwhelming once you get to actually using them. They move way slower than most water walking/swimming speed buffs that you can get in WoW and coupled with the fact that you're still drowning whilst using them is disappointing. I mean I spent time farming for that Mount from Margoss and once I was able to buy it, I was really annoyed that it was slower than Swim Speed Potion and even slower than my usual swim speed.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

KA-RA-ZAN

not sure why its even a topic to be honest.

Deleted
    The answer to many casual players isn't here take some RNG rolls and waste your time getting 830 WQ items to titanforge to 850+ (for the 10% item that actually have the proper stats), you might log on for an hour or two a day, for months with no progression but we dont care seems to be blizzards statement, that's fine but you will see a major decline in subs, it's already happening, because that shit just isn't fun as a casual player.

Give us something like valor to upgrade our existing items 5 ilvl at a time, something we can actually progress on, yes it will take alot of time to upgrade all the gear, but sure beats RNG that have 0,0001% chance of rolling anything useful, this way you actually dont feel fucked over everytime you log off after a play session.

Put a hard cap on the upgrade level (fx now with legendaries @ 895), at say 870, the special snowflake mythic guys will still get higher gear, but at least gives the rest of us something useful to log in to the game for, personally my time atm is CIV6>WOW because the RNG on RNG on RNG on RNG in wow just killed my desire to log in.

10+ Year Old Account
    The comment was that progression stops at 850... If you don't progress. There are mythic and mythic + dungeons, which are the next step in the progression, if you are looking for small-group content.

If you are looking at LFR, there is Normal raiding.

At some point, interacting with humans becomes part of the 'difficulty' that needs to be overcome.

Now, as the expansion develops, if there are are not newer and 'higher' quests, dungeons, crafting, and raids, there will be a legitimate beef. As of right now, there is not.

It's funny, though, because they almost always come out with new quest hubs in content patches, and the very next patch features a 'new' 5-man dungeon.

... You do realize that there's only one raid out, right? So, if I've beaten the raid, am I just left with 'die'? I have beaten it on Normal. So, what now? You can't really say heroic, because you've stated above that you don't consider increased difficulty to be 'progression'.

Further, if you're not just looking for upgrades ('fat lootz'), why does hitting an ilevel matter? You've either done all the dungeons and world quests, or not. In an ideal world, every content patch would release with a quest hub, 5-man, raid, PVP feature, and crafting patterns. Alas, we don't live in that world. The game can't be all things to all people at all times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelie View Post
    Give us something like valor to upgrade our existing items 5 ilvl at a time, something we can actually progress on, yes it will take alot of time to upgrade all the gear, but sure beats RNG that have 0,0001% chance of rolling anything useful, this way you actually dont feel fucked over everytime you log off after a play session.
    That sounds boring as shit to me. It'd be like having a full character of 'Artifact Gear'... Nothing ever changes, you just grind its' levels for months on end.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelie View Post
    Put a hard cap on the upgrade level (fx now with legendaries @ 895), at say 870, the special snowflake mythic guys will still get higher gear, but at least gives the rest of us something useful to log in to the game for, personally my time atm is CIV6>WOW because the RNG on RNG on RNG on RNG in wow just killed my desire to log in.
    If that's how you play the game, well, yea, your desire to log in is going to crater.

If, instead, you play because:

1) Playing the game is fun...
    2) You enjoy spending time with your friends...

You'll be just fine.

Just curious... Do they have a 'valor' system in CIV 6 that allows you to upgrade your gear, or do you just have fun playing the game?

(Super duper life secret: If you worry about 'progression' in real life, you can save video games as a time to just have fun.)
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

You Americans are ridiculous with your constant need to have things explained as if to a toddler.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    Further, if you're not just looking for upgrades ('fat lootz'), why does hitting an ilevel matter? You've either done all the dungeons and world quests, or not. In an ideal world, every content patch would release with a quest hub, 5-man, raid, PVP feature, and crafting patterns. Alas, we don't live in that world. The game can't be all things to all people at all times.
    It's the same nonsense people tell everytime, maybe because even casual players don't want to waste their time? better items means less time spent killing xyz outside raid content, hell they could even make the items useless in the current raid instances for all i care, news flash even if casuals get good 870 items they wont be competing against you guys in mythic raiding / mythic 5+ dungs.

That sounds boring as shit to me. It'd be like having a full character of 'Artifact Gear'... Nothing ever changes, you just grind its' levels for months on end.
    It gives a feeling of progression of your characters power, not progression as raiders are thinking, the progression for me isn't now you can do HC/Mythic or Mythic+ dungs, for me it means i can now progress faster on all the stuff i do besides raiding/mythic dungs, the mindset is completely different.

1) Playing the game is fun...
    2) You enjoy spending time with your friends...
    I have been in many guilds as a casual/casual hc raider, it's always been the same, you have a small groups of 5 people that always plays together, they have their own sub cliques within the guild that always do the same things together, so you are left with pugging to get any 5m content done.

I'm not a super social guy, i don't find it fun to constantly trying to kiss people asses in the off chance of getting in a small clique, i just want to spend my time playing the game, there is truly no one in any of the guilds i would consider friends, friends is what i got in the real lífe, we just have different perspectives of what an MMO means, and such is life.

Just curious... Do they have a 'valor' system in CIV 6 that allows you to upgrade your gear, or do you just have fun playing the game?
    You can't really compare wow and CIV6, it's two totally different games, but yes CIV6 is super fun, is it in 6 months probably not as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question. If I haven't finished the Suramar quest line yet (14000/21000 revered) will I be left behind in any way? There was mention of storyline progression every week for the next nine weeks. However, I'm not there yet.