Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    I strongly disagree. I think Nostalrius is in fact planning a relaunch of Blizz doesn't announce legacy realms.
    I strongly disagree as well. This thinly veiled threat is just a poor attempt to throw some pressure at Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I strongly disagree as well. This thinly veiled threat is just a poor attempt to throw some pressure at Blizzard.
    Godamit, even now i want to play Vanilla.
    I would be very excited with an announcement of legacy servers...but is never going to happen.
    And i am not risking losing my main account to play on a private server.

So i guess i will never play Vanilla after all

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I would be very excited with an announcement of legacy servers...but is never going to happen.

You don't risk anything. Blizzard have no way of knowing. Also I just said I strongly disagree with an opinion by presenting my own.

Don't worry about losing your main if you play Vanilla on a private server.

I know what I am talking about, and I assure you that even Blizzard employees played Nostalrius and still play in Nostalrius' successor server.

Blizzard employees played Nostalrius under the name "EMPLOYED BY BLIZZARD".

Tom Chilton, J. Allen Brack (WoW Developers) and others from Blizzard's top tier played Nostalrius.

Don't be afraid.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Ofcourse if you bring up copyright infraction debate you are always going to be right
    But try to understand the cultural point of view. To maintain a part of videogame history. To preserve the past, a part of history.

Just try to understand the point of view of someone who purely just wanted to relive Vanilla WoW

"Private servers" are the only way to do it. It's illegal, we all know that but from the cultural point of view is not criminal at all.
    It had a righteous purpose. They are not evil. They had no profits at all on the contrary they lost money and time.

Its just like Robin Hood stealing to give to the poor.
    Was he a criminal? Yes. But....not really at the same time.
    Not crime from a cultural point of view... lol the mental gymnastics being performed to try and justify this shit...
    Last edited by Fayolynn; 2016-10-23 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Don't worry about losing your main if you play Vanilla on a private server.

I know what I am talking about, and I assure you that even Blizzard employees played Nostalrius and still play in Nostalrius' successor server.

Blizzard employees played Nostalrius under the name "EMPLOYED BY BLIZZARD".

Tom Chilton, J. Allen Brack (WoW Developers) and others from Blizzard's top tier played Nostalrius.

Don't be afraid.
    Any evidence to support the statement that these people played it? Also making stuff up and "your assurances" does not count. Actual links, quotes from the devs and anything else you care to present will do.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-23 at 12:00 AM.

Any evidence to support the statement that these people played it? Also making stuff up and "your assurances" does not count. Actual links, quotes from the devs and anything else you care to present will do.
    Rofl, like he'd ever be able to find any of that. But don't worry he KNOWS what he is talking about!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Not crime for a cultural point of view... lol the mental gymnastics being performed to try and justify this shit...
    Those mental gymnastics are the gift that keeps on giving in this thread. How dare they oppress Robin Hood!

Deleted
    Not crime for a cultural point of view... lol the mental gymnastics being performed to try and justify this shit...

Enlighten us of how to experience Vanilla WoW without breaking the law.

http://kotaku.com/blizzard-talks-wor...mor-1781753136

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chilton
    Totally. We made a Stratholme run together. It was hilarious. John Hight, our production director, forgot that his pet was only level 8, so he’d go and pull, and it’d pull half the instance, and we’d wipe, and had to run back, and all that good stuff. So that’s really cool, and we like that idea, but it is extremely challenging to actually execute. A big part of the reason is that our database, the way it works is live data. So when somebody goes in there and says ‘Fireball does 200 damage now instead of 100,’ that’s it: Fireball has changed forever.

In the past, there was no archiving of older data. So while we have the capability of doing that now, and in more recent years when we make changes we can ‘version’ the data, we didn’t have that back in 2004. And so as data changed, we effectively lost that stuff to history. And so we would have to go back and try to reverse-engineer it ourselves.
    I am in a position to know that J. Allen Brack played a Priest and I suppose that Kalgan (Tom Chilton) played the Tank.

Kalgan was cracking jokes at the expense of J. Allen Brack who hadn't bought enough level 50's water from the vendor and had lower-tier water thus taking him ages to regen.

Fun times.
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2016-10-23 at 12:08 AM.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

He's not lying here.

Schreier: Legacy servers: is it something that can happen? I’ve seen Blizzard representatives say it’d be a big challenge, but I haven’t really seen specifics as to why. If it’s not gonna happen, why won’t it happen?

Chilton: It’s very challenging, and we love the idea of it. We met with the Nostalrius server guys last week, and we even had the opportunity to play on the server. It was kind of a moving experience to get to re-experience classic WoW.
    Source: http://kotaku.com/blizzard-talks-wor...mor-1781753136
    (Seriously, at this point I might as well just keep this link in my favorites.)
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

http://kotaku.com/blizzard-talks-wor...mor-1781753136

I am in a posotion to know that J. Allen Brack played a Priest and I suppose that Kalgan (Tom Chilton) played the Tank.

Kalgan was cracking jokes at the expense of J. Allen Brack who hadn't bought enough level 50's water from the vendor and had lower-tier water thus taking him ages to regen.

Fun times.
    So you mean AFTER it was shut down? They never played on it before. Also you are in no position to assume what the developers were doing or playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    He's not lying here.

Source: http://kotaku.com/blizzard-talks-wor...mor-1781753136
    (Seriously, at this point I might as well just keep this link in my favorites.)
    He isn't. Was after it was shut down however if they played it during the visit. I imagine they played it to see what Nost had created mostly.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-23 at 12:09 AM.

He isn't. Was after it was shut down however if they played it during the visit.
    Well, his claim was that Blizzard employees played on Nostalrius. He didn't specify when. :P

It's the claim that they play on the successor server to Nostalrius that can't really be verified without screenshots.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Blizzard Devs and other Employees played Nostalrius when it was up.

Blizzard Devs and other Employees played Nostalrius when it was up.
    Any evidence to support that? The article was published after the server was taken down. And even Chilton said he played it when they met with the team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Well, his claim was that Blizzard employees played on Nostalrius. He didn't specify when. :P

It's the claim that they play on the successor server to Nostalrius that can't really be verified without screenshots.
    Exactly so the only confirmation is they played after the shutdown. Make a claim then the burden of proof is on you for evidence. Plain and simple. The evidence I am asking for is show me that they played before Nost ever visited them.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-23 at 12:13 AM.

Tom Chilton basically confirms what I say. Not interested in proving anything to you or having any discussion at all with you personally.

You can't. Please enlighten me why you should be able to.

Tom Chilton basically confirms what I say. Not interested in proving anything to you or having any discussion at all with you personally.
    You mean because while you are correct they played it you have zero evidence to support your claim of they played pre shutdown? Gotcha. Even I agreed with you that I was wrong that they never touched it at all. All I said was provide evidence they played before the shutdown.

Chilton: It’s very challenging, and we love the idea of it. We met with the Nostalrius server guys last week, and we even had the opportunity to play on the server.

Right there in bold that they played during their meeting with Nost.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-23 at 12:17 AM.

Mental gymnastics? It's called thought.

It's not so much about arguing that it's not criminal, but rather that it's not immoral. Pouring years of work and personal time to be able to experience and allow others to experience something that cannot be experienced in any other way, without getting any profit from it, is hardly immoral. Certainly not any less moral than Blizzard "copying" features and ideas from other games and MMORPGs into WoW.

Illegal does not imply immoral, and legal does not imply moral.

Simple. You don't. Blizz decides what you get to play and if you don't like it too bad. You can go to Private Servers but you have no real rights there and those can be shut down as you've seen.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL Only thing they did is play AFTER the fucking thing was shutdown when they met with the Nost team. You act like they were full time players of that drek. Give me a break.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean because while you are correct they played it you have zero evidence to support your claim of they played pre shutdown? Gotcha. Even I agreed with you that I was wrong that they never touched it at all. All I said was provide evidence they played before the shutdown.

Chilton: It’s very challenging, and we love the idea of it. We met with the Nostalrius server guys last week, and we even had the opportunity to play on the server.

Right there in bold that they played during their meeting with Nost.
    Yup it is known they played on the server AFTER the shutdown during the meeting. At no point was it said they played it prior to the shut down. That is like REALLY trying to fit their narrative to their bullshit at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    LOL Only thing they did is play AFTER the fucking thing was shutdown when they met with the Nost team. You act like they were full time players of that drek. Give me a break.
    ermagerd blizz devs played on an illegal servers, they're the scum of society! arrest them!