Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stop the platform war shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    So as someone who owns the PC version of this and has dropped over 1k hours into it, is there really any reason for me to be excited about this? Everything I see about is along the lines of: "This is great for console", but as mentioned, while great for those players, that doesn't affect me.

From what I've heard, there will be no new content whatsoever? I'm just trying to gauge this properly is all.

Right now, it just seems like mainly a console thing or PC thing if you don't use mods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    So as someone who owns the PC version of this and has dropped over 1k hours into it, is there really any reason for me to be excited about this? Everything I see about is along the lines of: "This is great for console", but as mentioned, while great for those players, that doesn't affect me.

From what I've heard, there will be no new content whatsoever? I'm just trying to gauge this properly is all.

Right now, it just seems like mainly a console thing or PC thing if you don't use mods.
    No new content far as I know. FOr consoles it comes with all the DLC(Which back in the day if I remember PS3 players couldn't even touch the DLC at all).

What some have speculated or what I've heard(So take some salt with this) mods on PC might get better with..the whole higher MB amount. Little tired right now so I might be misremembering.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No new content far as I know. FOr consoles it comes with all the DLC(Which back in the day if I remember PS3 players couldn't even touch the DLC at all).

What some have speculated or what I've heard(So take some salt with this) mods on PC might get better with..the whole higher MB amount. Little tired right now so I might be misremembering.
    You could and still can for PS3. I had it all. Was a Legendary edition for both PS3/360 as well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bethesda-16...endary+edition
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-22 at 10:17 PM.

It looks pretty awesome. I've never really cared for mods for Bethesda games - the base experience is enough for me as flawed as that can be at times. Pushing up graphics for the sake of it with mods just doesn't appeal to me - and the bulk of mods available on the main mod sites tend to be sex mods anyway which are just tacky in my opinion...and given how defensive some people in this thread are I can't help but think that they're the target audience for such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    That’s because you bought it early release while I picked it up on a steam sale =/

Also, I’m aware that no one made such arguments here, merely pointed out that such people do exist, still if you find the post off-topic just report it to the moderators, or if you simply dislike its contents just mute me, anyway:

Apachii Sky Hair - 204,353kb
    Climates of Tamriel - 103,547kb
    Cloaks of Skyrim - 84,456kb
    Immersive Armors - 966,740kb
    Realistic Water - 51,453kb
    Calientes - 84,498kb

1GB is freaking nothing o.o;

You are aware how ridiculous what you are asking me is, right? ._.

I’m aware that most people who play on consoles (or even in PC even) do it because they simply feel more comfortable with it, I’m also aware that most people who do, don’t even bother going around online forums trying to justify it to a bunch of random people of their choices.

Now such people do exist and are not that hard to find, a quick google search will do the trick, actually, I think there is a section in gamespot boards just for that kind of crap, if you find it that hard to believe that many of them will be picking this up, you are free to go there and ask them yourself o.o;

Either way, it was just a little remark, no need to give it this much importance.
    just to play devils advocate. on release Skyrim was full price PLUS having to pay full price for DLC's. PC AND consoles. you bought it on steam sale, I bought it on steam sale, not everyone did. also, give it a year, and Skyrim remaster will be $15-20 on console as well. so, essentially the argument of consoles being cheaper comes down to initial investment (if we are counting peripherals, they are also roughly the same cost for pc vs console, especially if you use TV as your PC screen). eventually game costs become roughly the same as well.

in any case, I'm getting a free copy from steam, but even then.. I mostly used mods to fix up potato faces in original version, so /shrug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im lookin forward to it. Certain people dont understand that they will be able to do a lot more in this version than the first version. Stronger base to work from.

Calientes - 84,498kb

1GB is freaking nothing o.o
    It's not much, but because PS4 mods can't use external assets it's probably going to be more than enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    I would never play skyrim without mods, the base game is just bleh.
    Same. Thankfully this version is going to save me soooo much HDD space, as well as mod slots, because I won't have to download as many graphical mods to 'fix' Skyrim.

As far as the new memory requirements go, as long as it's true 64 bit (which I doubt), I have 32GB of RAM, I shouldn't have any issues.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2016-10-23 at 12:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

That’s because you bought it early release while I picked it up on a steam sale =/

Also, I’m aware that no one made such arguments here, merely pointed out that such people do exist, still if you find the post off-topic just report it to the moderators, or if you simply dislike its contents just mute me, anyway:

Calientes - 84,498kb

1GB is freaking nothing o.o;
    1GB is the PS4 mod limit, and since those mods are basically the epitome of "external assets", no one will be seeing them on the PS4 due to Sony's stupid rules concerning External Assets. 1GB should be fine for all the basic mods that will appear on the PS4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post

You can be excited about the fact that you get it for free if you own all the DLC.

Oh jeez, for real?
    I'm never going to understand how the hell is this worth 60 bucks honestly >.<
    It's not. Not even to people who never played it before.

But hopefully this money goes towards a remaster of Morrowind.

HA! Like that will ever happen...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    You can be excited about the fact that you get it for free if you own all the DLC.
    I mean, that's great and all, but doesn't exactly make me want to play it on release, especially with all of the mods that will be broken. That being said, i noticed that someone said we'd be able to get better mods, so that's something I look forward to down the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    I probably won't touch the special edition since SkyUI won't be available for it. I find the default UI in Skyrim to be complete shit and simply cannot enjoy the game without SkyUI. Still planning on doing another playthrough since I haven't touched it in years. It will just have to be with the original version.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakpower View Post
    Sure, but the game looking good and being able to use mods on consoles is the big draw.
    2GB is cap on mods and most major ones simply can't work on consoles because of the required third party programs. Don't even get me started on load order.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I probably won't touch the special edition since SkyUI won't be available for it.
    Why? Has the guy/guys behind SkyUI said they won't be creating a SSE version for it? Because SKSE will be updated eventually for the SSE. Of course that won't happen immediately, but it will most likely happen.

Then again, if the SkyUI guys don't update their mod for the new SSE version of the SKSE, then there'll be some other UI mod for us to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Why? Has the guy/guys behind SkyUI said they won't be creating a SSE version for it? Because SKSE will be updated eventually for the SSE. Of course that won't happen immediately, but it will most likely happen.

Then again, if the SkyUI guys don't update their mod for the new SSE version of the SKSE, then there'll be some other UI mod for us to use.
    Seems unlikely he'll do a SSE version. A small part of me holds out hope, but not much.

Q: will skyui be ported over to the special edition?

A: Short answer: I don't know, but I think it's unlikely.

Longer answer: We're no longer active and I in particular am not going to put any more work in. Got neither the time nor is it fun anymore, so I really shouldn't be doing it. In general, I have nothing against porting it though. If we ever get to the point where someone else took care of all the details and all I have to do is update the .esp, recompile and upload, then I will do so. I just don't really expect anyone to do that.

Source: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods...3D499516&pUp=1

Oh jeez, for real?
    I'm never going to understand how the hell is this worth 60 bucks honestly >.<
    Here in the UK it's actually the equivalent of 40 dollars, seems to be a bit of a price difference. I don't mind paying that tbh.

A cheap cash grap. Bethesda games are trash without mods anyway and I doubt consoles will be able to use mods like Interesting NPCs or Sky_Re.

The one game I could stomach absent mods was New Vegas ( which ironically isn't made by Bethesda ) purely because it's a great RPG.

And Oblivion back in 2007 when my tastes were unrefined.

10+ Year Old Account
    no they arent increasing the mod limit and my modded pc version is close to hitting the limit as well at 219 plugins 204mods and 16gb of data in mods alone.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.