Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I think I remember someone once posting that Blizzard had good communication with their player base. I mean... just lol.

I go onto the reddit for a much smaller game like Runescape and there's are posts from official mods posts all over the place. Actually posting replies to people and the questions they want answered. Meanwhile on the Blizzard forums, I doubt you could even average a single Blue response a day. And when they do show up, they probably aren't going to be talking about the issues people want to hear about.

Take a lesson from Runescape. Even if it's nothing more than a reply saying you passed their idea/bug fix along to the proper people... for something they already knew about in the first place... just do it. It doesn't just make the player feel valued, but actually proves you are there listening to them.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I think I remember someone once posting that Blizzard had good communication with their player base. I mean... just lol.

I go onto the reddit for a much smaller game like Runescape and there's are posts from official mods posts all over the place. Actually posting replies to people and the questions they want answered. Meanwhile on the Blizzard forums, I doubt you could even average a single Blue response a day. And when they do show up, they probably aren't going to be talking about the issues people want to hear about.

Take a lesson from Runescape. Even if it's nothing more than a reply saying you passed their idea/bug fix along to the proper people... for something they already knew about in the first place... just do it. It doesn't just make the player feel valued, but actually proves you are there listening to them.
    Where are the dev videos for Halo, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc? Show me one AAA fps title that has the level of communication that Blizz does.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Doesn't that "hacked" picture in the OP look an awful lot like Moenbryda from FFXIV?

Maybe it's just the hair. Dunno. That picture looks awfully familiar to me, though.
    they kinda look similar but I don't think they're the same, maybe she was an inspiration for the appearance of Sombra? provided that the leaked picture is her.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Where are the dev videos for Halo, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc? Show me one AAA fps title that has the level of communication that Blizz does.
    Let's not pretend averaging a single blue post on their own forums each day is any good. Besides the fact they are usually ignoring the main issues people want explanations for. I.e. giving the game actual solo and group queues. Just goes to show how low the bar is that these companies have made their players adjust to.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2016-10-23 at 12:45 AM.

Let's not pretend averaging a single blue post on their own forums each day is any good. Besides the fact they are usually ignoring the main issues people want explanations for. I.e. giving the game actual solo and group queues. Just goes to show how low the bar is that these companies have made their players adjust to.
    You answered your own question though in the other post. Runescape can do it because they have less players to deal with, ergo, they have less questions to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You answered your own question though in the other post. Runescape can do it because they have less players to deal with, ergo, they have less questions to answer.
    So Overwatch has more players and they basically give up completely answering questions?

And the games may have different sized player bases, but that doesn't mean they are going to have more or less questions. It means more people are going to have the same questions, and therefore a larger importance stressed on it being answer.

So Overwatch has more players and they basically give up completely answering questions?

And the games may have different sized player bases, but that doesn't mean they are going to have more or less questions. It means more people are going to have the same questions, and therefore a larger importance stressed on it being answer.
    They answer questions on their own official forums.

If you have less people playing, you have less players to ask questions. Unless the Runescape people are questioning up a storm somehow.

They answer questions on their own official forums.

If you have less people playing, you have less players to ask questions. Unless the Runescape people are questioning up a storm somehow.
    As I said before, a larger player base does not mean more questions, it means more people will have the same questions. The scope of Overwatch is actually pretty small right now. There aren't even that many things people want.
    And I would actually argue Runescape has more to deal with. Have you seen their forums? A ton of different subsections while the official Overwatch ones are because 1 or 2.

As I said before, a larger player base does not mean more questions, it means more people will have the same questions. The scope of Overwatch is actually pretty small right now. There aren't even that many things people want.
    And I would actually argue Runescape has more to deal with. Have you seen their forums? A ton of different subsections while the official Overwatch ones are because 1 or 2.
    I'm not sure where to go with this honestly.

You downplay the fact that Overwatch has more players, which naturally would lead to more questions (And not even take into account that Blizzard has multiple games they have to handle the PR with), and then claim that Runescape has more just because they have more subforums (Which, by the way, when I went to check didn't even seem very active).

I'm not sure where to go with this honestly.

You downplay the fact that Overwatch has more players, which naturally would lead to more questions (And not even take into account that Blizzard has multiple games they have to handle the PR with), and then claim that Runescape has more just because they have more subforums (Which, by the way, when I went to check didn't even seem very active).
    Ok... for the 3rd time, more players lead to more of the same questions. 1000 people in Runescape asking for a bug fix is going to be 10,000 people in Overwatch asking for a bug fix.(Not actually 10,000 different bug reports) The larger emphasis is on Overwatch to at least answer them seeing as a lot more people are on the line.

You are also comparing a incredibly small FPS game that hasn't even been out a year to a MMO that has been churning out new content for 15 years.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2016-10-23 at 05:16 AM.

Ok... for the 3rd time, more players lead to more of the same questions. 1000 people in Runescape asking for a bug fix is going to be 10,000 people in Overwatch asking for a bug fix.(Not actually 10,000 different bug reports) The larger emphasis is on Overwatch to at least answer them seeing as a lot more people are on the line.

You are also comparing a incredibly small FPS game that hasn't even been out a year to a MMO that has been churning out new content for 15 years.
    Except when they get 10,000 different bug reports about the same bug, you know. How many times do they stick to the same thread for a bug report? And more players does tend to end up with more bug discoveries, since more people doing things in the same area end up with different scenarios.

And OW is by no means "Incredibly small" FPS, not sure where you're getting that from at all. And it was you who claimed that Runescape was smaller at the start.

I go onto the reddit for a much smaller game like Runescape and there's are posts from official mods posts all over the place..
    Lastly, yet again, Blizzard has more to handle that just Overwatch, so why would they have extra people to watch an unofficial forum, when they have their own forum set up for feedback?

Except when they get 10,000 different bug reports about the same bug, you know. How many times do they stick to the same thread for a bug report? And more players does tend to end up with more bug discoveries, since more people doing things in the same area end up with different scenarios.

And OW is by no means "Incredibly small" FPS, not sure where you're getting that from at all. And it was you who claimed that Runescape was smaller at the start.

Lastly, yet again, Blizzard has more to handle that just Overwatch, so why would they have extra people to watch an unofficial forum, when they have their own forum set up for feedback?
    You know they only have a single forum for bug reports? You or I could view them and get the general gist of what's wrong with the game, despite Overwatch's large player base. What people want is simple. While Blues are in the forums simply reply with something. Like something as simple as "We're working on it." or "That might be hard because X" or "We won't release Y because of X." They won't have to answer it again seeing as future repeats of same issues will be pointed to past Blue responses. And it makes the player feel like their concerns are actually being listened to, rather than ignored.

OW is a small FPS as in there is very little to do, especially considering the game this is mainly based off of. 2 game mods and a handful of maps. OW is large as in player base size.

And you're right I did argue that. I meant Runescape is a huge game as one might imagine after 15 years of updates and contents, but small as in the not a extremely popular game like WoW. Average is around 50,000 people playing at one time.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So we are just ignoring the amazing dev videos where Jeff, the game director, talks to the community directly?

@Very Tired - besides their silence on solo queue, where else do you feel that they lack communication? You said the bug forums, I don't go over there so I will take your word for it. However, with the exception of the occasional hook dragging me up to a wall or Rein's charge acting strange with knockbacks I don't encounter many bugs - if any. I'm just trying to understand where you are coming form.

It took me a second to realize this is in the Sombra thread, are you upset that they have been tight lipped about it? The way I see it, its marketing - they are building hype just like Nintendo did with the Switch and just like Apple does with their phones.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2016-10-23 at 07:00 PM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Thing with Sombra, the "Hype" has been going on since Open Beta. It's way too drawn out and the ARG was a complete bust with the way they handled it. I'm assuming they're gonna have sombra "hack" blizzcon or something and that will be the end of this drawn out Sombra hype. People aren't happy.