Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Unhappy Possible to use old animations of abilities?

Is it possible to still use old animations and sounds? For example, the actual Divine Storm for paladins is really bad looking to me, and sounds terrible. Can I somehow get the original spell model?

BTW: any other guy here unhappy with many of the abilities new looking?

You can get addons that gives you the old sounds but not the animations.

Deleted
    There are a lot of ilegal sites out there where you can change your characters druid forms, spells, gear, race etc
    It's called "model editing"

But im not sure if i can say the names. I only know of one site. ill send you a PM

Not sure if you can change spells though.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-10-23 at 01:06 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    There are a lot of ilegal sites out there where you can change your characters druid forms, spells, gear, race etc

But im not sure if i can say the names. I only know of one site. ill send you a PM

I'd not do this if you value your account.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    I did it when i was young...not sure if i was stupid or if it's safe.
    Probably because i was stupid back then
    Don't know, i would need to inform myself before doing this.

@Ricirich91
    First search if its safe to do what i said. I see some youtubers doing it BUT i could be wrong and you could lose your account because of me.
    Be careful dude!
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-10-23 at 01:16 AM.

Do NOT use thoes. You can get banned for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've used it since cata and no ban. Don't spread fear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Not spreading anything. On the off chance he gets caught out and loses his account of X amount of years it would suck. Don't act as if it's risk free towards the guy as it's not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not spreading anything. On the off chance he gets caught out and loses his account of X amount of years it would suck. Don't act as if it's risk free towards the guy as it's not.
    Considering it's client side he would have to open a ticket and tell them he was using it to get caught.

Since that is against the terms we should not be encouraging that.
    There is no intended mechanism by which that is possible, therefore the answer should be no.

Sound and default UI texture replacements are supported however, by a mechanism of external files.
    That has been established to be functioning as intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Why blizzard cares how we modify our own character models to look is beyond me. It's not like it effects anybody elses gameplay.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Since that is against the terms we should not be encouraging that.
    There is no intended mechanism by which that is possible, therefore the answer should be no.

Sound and default UI texture replacements are supported however, by a mechanism of external files.
    That has been established to be functioning as intended.
    Is that the Addons thing? I mean, if Addons can change your interface, cannot they change your character aswell? (of course it only changes for you)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    Is that the Addons thing? I mean, if Addons can change your interface, cannot they change your character aswell? (of course it only changes for you)
    There are no addons or macros to change your character models or spells.

The only way to change them is to learn how to model edit. But it's illegal.
    But i think its impossible for Blizzard to know that you "model edit". The only way for them to know is if you show ingame screenshots or if you stream or youtube.

But be warned...its illegal...and i dont want you to lose your account.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-10-23 at 02:53 AM.

It's against the EULA/ToS but it is hard to get caught.

So if you do get caught you could get banned. It's probably pretty low priority though.

Considering it's client side he would have to open a ticket and tell them he was using it to get caught.
    Blizz has a separate program run alongside WoW to detect things like that. I remember because the modders tried to convince people it was spying on them and to boycott it a while ago. Generally they don't care because model editing doesn't change much. People used to use it to change the size of the flag model in WSG etc. to make it far too easy to find the FC (this is why the current most popular program doesn't support changing sizes and won't let you edit anyone but yourself)Blizz will know about it. Sometime its harmless enough that they don't care though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Why blizzard cares how we modify our own character models to look is beyond me. It's not like it effects anybody elses gameplay.
    Probably because if you can change a character model to be something that can give you an advantage in situations (bigger/smaller model etc) it would be unfair. Seems perfectly reasonable.

lol, people still think tmorph will get them banned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    It's against the EULA/ToS but it is hard to get caught.

So if you do get caught you could get banned. It's probably pretty low priority though.
    I've used it since Cata. I stream with it on. Frequently. It's not "low priority," it's non-existent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    lol, people still think tmorph will get them banned.

- - - Updated - - -

I've used it since Cata. I stream with it on. Frequently. It's not "low priority," it's non-existent.
    it will and has... but its rare to get caught..
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

2 of the regional qualifier moderators stream public while using that software... It's around for years and not a sinlge guy who is banned for this.

7+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/6572267648#7
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/15142714930#11
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/7908331160#18

all talking about how he cant say what programs are and are not banable, but then says that "model editing in any ways is not permitted"

so yes it is bannable
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good