Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

"Massive" ammount of underwater mounts: Nazjatar & N'zoth incoming

Don't know if anyone else noticed, but theres a big increase in the water only mounts available since 7.0.
    Brinedeep feeder, kosumoth mount and now the new skate from DMF. Its a silly choice, since entire legion is pretty much on land.
    Why add 3 different water only mounts with unique skins for a expansion that only takes place on land?

Unless ofcourse were gonna venture the sea's in a future patch!
    My bet is Azshara / Nzoth will be 7.3 or something, with a Vasjir like zone.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-10-23 at 09:08 AM.

For fun? Just because they can? I mean not everything needs to have a very specific reason to be put in game, maybe we will see an underwater patch, maybe not!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    For fun? Just because they can? I mean not everything needs to have a very specific reason to be put in game, maybe we will see an underwater patch, maybe not!
    That would be a pretty weird resource move though. Recolour land mounts to safe time and instead make new unique skins for water only mounts no-one will ever use?

Deleted
    Whatever their reasons for giving us them, underwater mounts are 100% useless, so good job there Blizzard, I guess.

Deleted
    I wouldn't mind another underwater zone like Vashj'ir, one of my fondest memories of cata was leveling there for the first time and completing the zone in its entirety. I think the decision to make the scale of the zone so huge made it feel quite epic and I didn't have much trouble with the underwater combat myself. Add in a storyline with Azshara or N'zoth and it could be great.

With them deciding not to add that yet another boring elf island to the game, it supports the theory that they could be going for something more interesting like revisiting the underwater zone idea.

My biggest fear though is that with players often getting confused by Vashj'ir, they would shrink the zone dramatically and lose what made it unique.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, they just gave you one mount for Ashzara and be done with it. Why do they need to put underwater mounts this early into the xpac and hide one of them behind the secret summoning of a world boss?

"For fun" to me seems as logical as teasing an x-pac. Also: Whatever underwater zone the next x-pac has, it would be one zone. Not an entire x-pac. Questing in 3 D space is a big mess
    Vashj'ir. Not Azshara.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Whatever their reasons for giving us them, underwater mounts are 100% useless, so good job there Blizzard, I guess.
    The salt is strong in this one. Gets a mount AND A PET and an awesome questline involving a character from Warcraft 3 and you proceed to drop the salt buckets.

i wouldnt mind sections of underwater to compromise. I wouldnt mind another full zone but some people qq. its a memorable gimmick

why would they waste resoures on mounts that can only be used in 1 cata zone or in a few puddles here and there that you more than likely will not bother getting it out for?

its fairly obvious that its leading to something, N'Zoth is a very likely direction

10+ Year Old Account
    Your comment is 100% useless.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    The salt is strong in this one. Gets a mount AND A PET and an awesome questline involving a character from Warcraft 3 and you proceed to drop the salt buckets.
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Wow....well, since you can only ride and fly one mount at a time, good job Blizzard on wasting resources on over 300 useless mounts ^^
    Doesn't change the fact that underwater mounts are useless. You can, at least, use those over 300 mounts in your everyday life in WoW. Underwater mounts get used in one world quest, if you even bother ever doing it. I'm not one of those morons who thinks that developing X takes resources away from developing Y, so there's no salt here, but since we're on that subject, I do agree they could've instead added at least land mounts, if not flying ones that can be used as land mounts.

The point was though, that even if there'd be underwater content coming, the two new underwater mounts would still not be necessary, since obviously they'd give us some kind of an underwater mount to use, instead of expecting people to have done the Kosumoth stuff or gotten the Darkmoon mount.

And, as such, them having added two underwater mounts isn't necessarily really an indication of underwater content.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Your comment is 100% useless.
    Well that makes two of us, and I agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post
    Don't know if anyone else noticed, but theres a big increase in the water only mounts available since 7.0.
    Brinedeep feeder, kosumoth mount and now the new skate from DMF. Its a silly choice, since entire legion is pretty much on land.
    Why add 3 different water only mounts with unique skins for a expansion that only takes place on land?

Unless ofcourse were gonna venture the sea's in a future patch!
    My bet is Azshara / Nzoth will be 7.3 or something, with a Vasjir like zone.

Thoughts?
    I would love for it to be a thing, though, I doubt Azshara is going to be a Legion patch.

Though, I wouldn't call it massive.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    with a Vasjir like zone.

Thoughts?
    As much as I'd love that, they are never doing that again.
    Ghostcrawler said that their 2 biggest regrets in wow are not making Cata a single continent AND making Vashjir an underwater zone.

same reason why people buy a boat i guess

7+ Year Old Account
    you have never done the underwater world quest in suramar with the open ley line i guess.

those mounts are damn useful for it.

but other than that.... ye, i guess you are right.

Formerly known as Arafal

You came to a discussion thread. People like to discuss things here and not just shit on others ideas while not contributing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Doesn't change the fact that underwater mounts are useless. You can, at least, use those over 300 mounts in your everyday life in WoW. Underwater mounts get used in one world quest, if you even bother ever doing it. I'm not one of those morons who thinks that developing X takes resources away from developing Y, so there's no salt here, but since we're on that subject, I do agree they could've instead added at least land mounts, if not flying ones that can be used as land mounts.

The point was though, that even if there'd be underwater content coming, the two new underwater mounts would still not be necessary, since obviously they'd give us some kind of an underwater mount to use, instead of expecting people to have done the Kosumoth stuff or gotten the Darkmoon mount.

And, as such, them having added two underwater mounts isn't necessarily really an indication of underwater content.

Well that makes two of us, and I agree.
    You still havent brought about a point yet. Oh well, was nice having a short lived conversation.

That would be a pretty weird resource move though. Recolour land mounts to safe time and instead make new unique skins for water only mounts no-one will ever use?
    We have literally hundreds of land and flying mounts, but only a handful of water ones. I'd say it's about time they get a little love.