Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Regarding VPNs for Gaming.

Firstly, I apologies if this post falls under Illegal Software or any other forum guideline.

For the past 6-7 months, I've been having connection issues with WoW, largely involving high packet loss and disconnections in-game. It comes and goes and I'm currently suffering through a 3rd bought of it. After doing a bunch of troubleshooting and tests, I've figured out the problem is a congestion one with my ISPs route to Blizzards Oceanic WoW server (I play from NZ). I've brought this up to my ISP but in the event they decide to pull the old "we can't do anything about it, talk to Blizzard" trick, I'm looking into other ways to fix the issue.

After talking to Blizz Tech support, they've thrown out the idea of using a VPN service to try and bypass the problem hops along the route to their sever.

My question is what are some reliable and safe VPNs out there that people know or may have used/do use for gaming? VyperVPN is one I'm looking at but I'm not that familiar with how safe these things can be.

I can totally relate to this issue. It took me forever to figure out what was going on, as both blizzard and my isp said everything looked fine on their end. After doing all the traceroute stuff, it was narrowed down to some shoddy ISP along the way. I had no way to contact them other than through social media (since i wasnt a customer obviously) and it took forever for them to reply, and it eventually got fixed.

As for the VPN i actually tried that and it made it worse for me, but the most trusted one i know if is called PIA you can try a month for like 6 bucks and use different connection points to see if it helps you. PIA is the one name i see continually recommended for a VPN, id stay away from most others like tunnel bear etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapefruitsnz View Post
    Firstly, I apologies if this post falls under Illegal Software or any other forum guideline.

For the past 6-7 months, I've been having connection issues with WoW, largely involving high packet loss and disconnections in-game. It comes and goes and I'm currently suffering through a 3rd bought of it. After doing a bunch of troubleshooting and tests, I've figured out the problem is a congestion one with my ISPs route to Blizzards Oceanic WoW server (I play from NZ). I've brought this up to my ISP but in the event they decide to pull the old "we can't do anything about it, talk to Blizzard" trick, I'm looking into other ways to fix the issue.

After talking to Blizz Tech support, they've thrown out the idea of using a VPN service to try and bypass the problem hops along the route to their sever.

My question is what are some reliable and safe VPNs out there that people know or may have used/do use for gaming? VyperVPN is one I'm looking at but I'm not that familiar with how safe these things can be.
    That's when you threaten to leave and find an ISP with better CS. They can fix any problems you're having btw. Call them out on their bs because they're playing ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can also vouch for PIA. I have been using them for about a year now and never have any issues. They are a bit cheaper then most other VPN hosts but have the same, if not better speeds.