Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Portable SKyrim.

All the needs to be said.

day 1 buy.
    That would be too dangerous. Productivity would come to a complete standstill. I have to say: hats off to nintendo, they are always on some next s@@t.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    With just default settings and turning the wifi off I again typically get around 5ish hours. I imagine that's similar to the vast majority of users.

Think removing some of the fluff will be good, the 3d part of the 3ds seems like a complete waste for instance. Either way, were you trying to make a point?
    Yeah, fluff features waste battery life, the 3D is always on even when the slider is off for insrance. I'd also add in that a lot of mobile devices have several hours of battery life with higher end specs, a lot hinges on which Tegra chip is in the Switch as well because proper programming can make it more battery efficient if its say a K2 processor which have an absurd amount of cores and multithreading is far more feasible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    They've already said that this isn't going to be a successor to the 3DS, and that the 3DS is getting its own successor down the track. So there's that.

I personally think that's a very weird direction for them to go in, but there you go.
    Makes more sense to have a single device, but the cost of developing games for it at this point might still be high enough to justify having a cheaper option. They might just keep on with the 3DS for a couple of more years, I see no reason to stop it now when it still has good game support.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    and that the 3DS is getting its own successor down the track. So there's that.
    they said no such thing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No word about Region lock yes. So its best to assume it has it and hope it doesn't.
    it doesnt have region lock.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Nintendo with the gimmicks again...

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Nintendo with the gimmicks again...
    It is a gimmick I will not mind, so long as it does not hinder game development or restrict developers. The Wii and Wii U hindered development and restricted developers.

Many company's say many things. If this thing sells well enough it will be the successor of the Wii-U and 3DS. If it sells like junk then Nintendo can go back to the drawing board.
    Exactly this. Why would they ever risk moving certain 3DS titles to the Switch, if it sells poorly. This is especially true for Pokemon, it's always released very late after a new handheld generation (2 years roughly).

Right now the most prominent reason for a Switch here seems to by "OMG SKYRIM ON THE POTTY"... If that's the most prominent one, then good luck to the Switch.

I personally still don't see which market group would want to get a Switch:
    To get the console crowd - you pretty much need AAA 3rd party support the Ps4/Xbox has - right now there are 0 titles announced (no, we don't count skyrim).
    To get the casual/mobile crowd - you need everything a Mobile/Tablet can do (i.e. Books+TVShows), for a similar price (i.e. ~200-250$).

Given the current price estimations, and the current target crowd of "home console", then it's looking pretty "meh" in potential customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it doesnt have region lock.
    Got a official statement from Nintendo?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    --snip-
    Its safe to say it has already replaced the Wii-U. So when it comes to there console AAA titles then that's where you will be going.

As for it replacing the 3DS that's unknown yet.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Got a official statement from Nintendo?
    dont need one

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/1...orts-and-info/
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

He heard rumors, if there is no official statement then ur links means nothing. I would think you learn this by now when most of ur other claims was proven wrong..
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And even the author doesn't say it is confirmed. Just something she heard and believes.
    she said it was told to her by nintendo, and ubisoft the same people who told her and emily and eurogamer the name of the system, the specs, and everything else

"The information about the system being region free comes from sources A, B and E (Nintendo, Ubisoft and Rush of Blood). As A and B were accurate as a pair when it came to the Split D-Pad and “Share” Button report, and the Rush of Blood source has been accurate in the past, I still believe the system will be region free."

- - - Updated - - -

He heard rumors, if there is no official statement then ur links means nothing. I would think you learn this by now when most of ur other claims was proven wrong..
    "I know it's easy for me to say so now, but Switch is the name I heard floating around pre announcement."

so wrong, much proven.

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

:P

she said it was told to her by nintendo, and ubisoft the same people who told her and emily and eurogamer the name of the system, the specs, and everything else

"The information about the system being region free comes from sources A, B and E (Nintendo, Ubisoft and Rush of Blood). As A and B were accurate as a pair when it came to the Split D-Pad and “Share” Button report, and the Rush of Blood source has been accurate in the past, I still believe the system will be region free."

- - - Updated - - -

"I know it's easy for me to say so now, but Switch is the name I heard floating around pre announcement."

so wrong, much proven.

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

:P
    You can believe what you wish, that doesn't make it confirmed or true. Laurak has been right on a few things and wrong so until confirmed best to take things with a grain of salt. Until Nintendo makes a official statement....its a rumor at best.

Congratz she got the name right....woo woo.

You can believe what you wish, that doesn't make it confirmed or true. Laurak has been right on a few things and wrong so until confirmed best to take things with a grain of salt. Until Nintendo makes a official statement....its a rumor at best.

Congratz she got the name right....woo woo.
    this is the person who had a ps4 pro for over a month before release. lol the fact that some people are so naive to disbelieve things at this point is hilarious.

she got the name, cartridges, detachable controllers, the d pad, share button, lack of backwards compatibility,

just look at this,

Those same sources said the dock provides additional processing power. That has been officially debunked by Nintendo. So, you have no real evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

She claims to have gotten it right after the name was announced. No real evidence that that was the name she'd heard.
    "This information again came from sources A (Nintendo), B (Ubisoft) and D (Manufacturing). None could confirm whether the dock is a PlayStation VR-style processing box which helps power higher resolution play when docked, or if docking the console simply allows the handheld to overclock and provides better performance that way. All sources claim the hardware has an easier time running docked compared to when out and about as a portable.

Many on Twitter have drawn my attention to this interview with IGN where Nintendo state that “The dock is not the main console unit of Nintendo Switch… The main function of the Nintendo Switch Dock is to provide an output to the TV, as well as charging and providing power to the system.”

To that, I reply that they repeatedly use the words “main function” and “Main Console” here which still leaves a lot of room for clarity. I believe these statements were aimed at clarifying the Switch was not another Wii U style console rather than saying the dock won’t in any way alter game performance. You can’t play the dock without the handheld, but that doesn’t mean the dock won’t improve game performance."

"Expect NX official name to be revealed tomorrow, alongside the look of the device. Not launch line up. Zelda BOTW NX shown.
    8:42 PM - 19 Oct 2016 "

its like you guys didnt even read the article

- - - Updated - - -

She also got numerous things wrong. You can't pretend her word is gospel when she has been hit or miss.
    what did she get wrong? because ive yet to see anything shes gotten wrong

Oh I read it and her desperate grasping at straws doesn't change anything.
    what grasping at straws?

this is the only thing from the source that was fake

specifically the dimensions of the device and the placement of a couple things like the headphone jack

what the device looked like, it being region free ect have nothing to do with that source

"In this report we also mentioned the “Switch” being region free. This was in no way based on information from source F (F stands for Fail… on our part… with vetting that source).

The information about the system being region free comes from sources A, B and E (Nintendo, Ubisoft and Rush of Blood). As A and B were accurate as a pair when it came to the Split D-Pad and “Share” Button report, and the Rush of Blood source has been accurate in the past, I still believe the system will be region free."

- - - Updated - - -

i think the only one grasping at straws here is you.

You said she wasn't wrong about anything... She talks about multiple things she was wrong about but hopes she's still right about one... Oh, well.
    again, please show me these multiple things besides the diagram that she had already said was inaccurate over 2 month ago

again, please show me these multiple things besides the diagram that she had already said was inaccurate over 2 month ago
    She even admits to being wrong and yet you keep beating this dead horse.

Until Nintendo confirms it or the system is on video in someones hands, All things said is rumors and should be taken with a massive grain of salt.

Accept it already. She admits she was wrong alot and you keep beating this dead horse even tho you have been proven wrong.

I showed it to you in an article you suggested we all read better... And just because the thing runs better when connected to power doesn't mean shit about there being more processing power in the dock. It just means it uses more of the innate hardware in the console because it isn't bound by battery life any more....
    "This information again came from sources A (Nintendo), B (Ubisoft) and D (Manufacturing). None could confirm whether the dock is a PlayStation VR-style processing box which helps power higher resolution play when docked, or if docking the console simply allows the handheld to overclock and provides better performance that way. All sources claim the hardware has an easier time running docked compared to when out and about as a portable."

if you guys cant even keep up with the information how can you even try to claim shes "wrong about all these things"

i guess she 3d printed that too huh

10+ Year Old Account
    "This information again came from sources A (Nintendo), B (Ubisoft) and D (Manufacturing). None could confirm whether the dock is a PlayStation VR-style processing box which helps power higher resolution play when docked, or if docking the console simply allows the handheld to overclock and provides better performance that way. All sources claim the hardware has an easier time running docked compared to when out and about as a portable."

if you guys cant even keep up with the information how can you even try to claim shes "wrong about all these things"

i guess she 3d printed that too huh
    And I quote myself, from a better track record dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    So going by zlatan (well known Anandtech developer/leaker with a flawless record).
    https://forums.anandtech.com/threads...#post-38530671
    Nope, sorry. It's three times slower than an Xbox One. The memory bandwidth is extremely weak compared to the standard desktop consoles. Most titles will render 504p which is the minimum requirement from Nintendo.
    Still curious of the dock has extra processing power.
    Nope. It has a processing unit, but only for upscaling. Otherwise 504p would be really ugly on a 4K tv.
    And to be honest - i'd prefer that they shoot for Xbox One / PS4 level effects and per-pixel quality and reduce resolution rather than reduce effects and engine design.
    That's impossible with a mobile product. You may achive 1.3 TFLOPS with a mobile GPU in a mobile SoC, but you can't implement the same kind of data share, bitwise and program control features what GCN have. Some very important algorithm is just one instruction on GCN, and this is super good for a console, where we can directly access the ISA. TFLOPS is a very misleading comparison for the consoles.
    I don't familiar with NV planed product line. I can say that this is an SoC with a Pascal GPU. It's fast compared to other mobile products, but nowhere near as good as the Xbox One SoC. But hey, it consumes a lot less power. It is a very good product for the mobile market.
    He doesn't discount possible overclocking with the dock though if they implement it.
    In the end it's a let's see whatever the hell happens.
    If it's to be believed currently there's no implementation of any overclock but it's not an impossibility.
    It doesn't clock higher in the dock either?
    No. But the function is easy enough to implement it before the start. So never say never.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    And I quote myself, from a better track record dude.

If it's to be believed currently there's no implementation of any overclock but it's not an impossibility.
    Some people are speculating it may run better when docked due to better cooling or because the screen isn't being powered

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people are speculating it may run better when docked due to better cooling or because the screen isn't being powered
    Power and cooling doesn't mean jack if the cpu/gpu doesn't clock higher than what they already were doing when it isn't docked. That's the point. It entirely depends on how they set it up with battery and power conservation, and if there aren't any and it's clocked up to what it is then there is no performance increase without overclocking. These are things we don't know and unless specified it's just a wild guess. The point that was noted was overclocking, both by your source and mine, not that it runs at a more stable clock rate due to power and cooling budget.

That said, cooling it is... odd from what the current dock and system itself is doing. It's already noted that it's active cooling due to these vents. As for the possibility of the dock cooling the tablet, I have some serious doubt just from the external looks. The dock has no visible vents from what we've seen, whether on the top or side and what not. The bottom isn't raised to provide any air flow to come from the bottom and if it did there is no exhaust seen which would end up with no air flow because the inside pressure is just pushing itself out of the same intake.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-10-23 at 06:48 PM.