Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Since the beginning of wod, I have only ever seen one person kicked for truly just being undergeared. Every other time was due to one of a few things: lack of co-operation, consistent afking/being dc'd, refusing to fix poor play, or terrible attitude. The thing about threads like this is you only have his side. He says he was kicked purely because he wasn't as geared when realistically there could be plenty of reasons that warranted a kick.

TL;DR- Don't assume things just from biased information.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Must be a new low even for WoW players, on alt @820 ilvl doing a random heroic .. Group in heroic mythic gear .. I get kicked for not doing enough DPS ..

The kick mechanic currently is far too lose and brings out the A-holes on WoW out to play .. Why encourage them?

At least have a cost Blizz, if they get reported and it turns out to be unfair they aught to get a 1 day suspension ..
    Dont really know why you thought this deserved a thread.

Work on your dps so you dont get kicked...its really that simple.

Also...this is the most entitled thread ive seen in a long time. "I want blizz to give other people a suspension for kicking me because apparently I sucked enough to get kicked from a heroic"...take 10min and look up a rotation, talents and some gear priority and save everyone time from having to deal with people like you.

I bet someone told you that your dps was way too low, attempted to help you, and you turned into Whiny McAsshole and then they kicked you. Seems to be the norm...poor attitude gets booted more than poor dps. At least with the right attitude I know someone is trying to improve, but with you it doesn't seem like it.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2016-10-23 at 12:46 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

What's your in game name? So I can kick you on sight
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Deleted
    If most of the group does not want you to be in said group, you have no business being there.

Mostly when people are being kicked it's not about their performance being slightly sub-par but rather they're AFKing/lazy, being obnoxious in chat or generally not paying attention to anything.

It also does help that DPS are really easy to replace, so if you're doing a really bad job it's not that hard to find someone who isn't bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Who cares? Just join another group.

The wait time for DPS is less than 5 minutes.
    I guess it makes you feel like shit? Personally I have no clue. Never been kicked from a group.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Kicking without the reason is not the obvious. No one should remain idle why assholes are on the horizont. It's completely fine if you like to be the victim.
    Being oblivious or in denial of the reason doesn't mean it's not actually obvious. It also has nothing to do with the person you were quoting. If random groups are not treating you kindly and it occurs often enough to be an actual issue for you, then making your own group is absolutely the right solution. The reason why they kick you is irrelevant, it's the fact that they can kick you that ends up causing an issue. Running with an established group removes that. Look for a guild that runs dungeons together, one that helps people gear up, a social one with good activity...

Someone offering this kind of advice isn't being "one of the assholes", it's the opposite. It's someone trying to offer an alternative to the headache. The rules are certainly not going to change any time soon, so if you don't take it into your own hands then you're never going to improve your situation. Some people will use the kick function the way it's meant to be used, some will abuse it. If you find yourself on the abused end too often, do something productive about it. It's that simple, and it does work.

As much as I hate to break it to you OP, having mythic gear doesn't mean you are doing good DPS. I have seen some people 850 ivl (weapon ilvl 890) and my ret paladin at 830 ilvl (813 weapon) is beating them in DPS. A LOT of DPS think they are doing fine(most of these are people who don't look up anything), but the majority are doing absolutely trash DPS.

Ive been kicking a lot of half idle DPS lately. Ones who get into our groups and do like 40-50k DPS for half the dungeon.

No excuses at all for that.

If you feel like you might get kicked from a group, simply select a random member in your group and initiate a vote to kick them using "shitty {insert your class}" as the reason. Since nobody reads the player they're kicking, only the reason, you'll kick somebody else -- perhaps even one of the players instigating you -- and most of the time people won't bother initiating another vote to kick after the other dude is gone.

Must be a new low even for WoW players, on alt @820 ilvl doing a random heroic .. Group in heroic mythic gear .. I get kicked for not doing enough DPS ..

The kick mechanic currently is far too lose and brings out the A-holes on WoW out to play .. Why encourage them?

At least have a cost Blizz, if they get reported and it turns out to be unfair they aught to get a 1 day suspension ..
    It's there to kick low dps if that's what you want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    If you feel like you might get kicked from a group, simply select a random member in your group and initiate a vote to kick them using "shitty {insert your class}" as the reason. Since nobody reads the player they're kicking, only the reason, you'll kick somebody else -- perhaps even one of the players instigating you -- and most of the time people won't bother initiating another vote to kick after the other dude is gone.
    I know this is supposed to help protect the shitty players and their mighty attitude when they think they have vote kick protection with their buddies but this actually works to get them out if they are being defended by their friends.

Actually had this happen when i tried to help a tank be less of a shitty player. Him and his friends got an attitude after i said "don't turn your back to the boss when you move him", after a brief exchange of words that wouldn't even pass for anything comprehensible mixed with cussing and calling me a "noob" the random other guy in our party initiated a vote kick for the tank and the other two stooges thought it was me...so they kicked their friend. It was quite funny.

Its definitely a way to go for kicking a shit player in a group where the majority of them are friends.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Wouldn't be surprised if OP is the warlock that was in my random heroic group yesterday.
    Not everyone in the group was badly geared, but the warlock was something else, consistently doing 50k dps, on trash and on bosses.
    Tank first told him about his low dps and there was no improvement so after few packs he got kicked.

I honestly think we did him a favor. The sooner he realizes he is doing it wrong the sooner he can get better and progress in the game.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Quote Originally Posted by Musta Kyy View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if OP is the warlock that was in my random heroic group yesterday.
    Not everyone in the group was badly geared, but the warlock was something else, consistently doing 50k dps, on trash and on bosses.
    Tank first told him about his low dps and there was no improvement so after few packs he got kicked.

I honestly think we did him a favor. The sooner he realizes he is doing it wrong the sooner he can get better and progress in the game.
    I was in a group with a warlock that was using seed of corruption as part of his rotation for single target.

Deleted
    people still dont understand dungeon groups want to finish dungeons asap

Deleted

also you shod try asking for mage food in a dungeon

10+ Year Old Account
    I kick people who doesn't pull their weight. Basically kicking people for not knowing mechanics and doing little to no dps. Sympathizing with new players, though. I don't expect them to know everything right away, but if you've done all the HCs at least once, you should know what to do on mythic.
    If people have the dps to completely ignore mechanics, then I couldn't ask for more, but the problem lies when people do sub-par dps and completely ignoring the mechanics.

I tried to do a mythic EoA (meaning, no keystone) where the tank was undergeared, but boy did he know what to do. Being a BrM (as rare as it is), he managed to correctly CC the 2nd add on Warlord whenever they entered, but the other two dps ran away with the spears; meaning they completely absorbed it, which is what the 2nd add is being forced to do by us.

Personally, I like/take the people who knows the mechanics before good dps, because there are mechanics where not following it means death for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    You must have been sucking real bad.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I was in a group with a warlock that was using seed of corruption as part of his rotation for single target.
    Somewhere in WOD I saw a frost mage in timewalking Arcatraz who ONLY used ice lance, never frostbolt. Funny because frostbolt is like the first spell you get as a mage.

Priests mind searing on single target is pretty common occurrence too. I suspect they're one of those semi-afk people "press 1 button (mind sear on the tank) - follow - watch youtube meanwhile".

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive kicked SO MANY dpsers cause they are doing like 100-150k dps on ST/AoE while being like 820+'

Being low geared is fine, im not expecting 400k dps from ppl in 820 gear, but i do expect more than 100k, cant break 100k, GUESS WHOS GETTING KICKED LULULULUL.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    No one here is talking about being all the time on the abused end too often. And 2ndly - "do something productive" in a game? Okaaay....sure.....

Here is a situation:

I see 2-3 guys instantly blaming some dude in our party. They wanted to kick him out and I voted NO. We finished the run and the guy wasn't kicked out and it wasn't a troublesome run.

The "reason" they wanted to kick the guy is because he didn't heal enough but he didn't heal enough for abnormal pulls that tanks are doing and his gear is low. Situation about this guy is what you have just called a "headache" and I can understand that but I can't understand that you actually DO have a choice to be patient and understand the guy but people rather choose not to and they are all wasting time in a game and not doing anything really important.

So the "obvious and simple solution" is to fuck up someone's else time by sending him message that he is crap even when that is completely wrong.

What I didn't tell you is that I took situation into my hands, voted NO and went harsh on those pricks and it was quite effective - no voting system involved, just plain words. I guess there are more solutions than just "simple and obvious" ones. Oh what you called it "Providing alternative solution to a headache", I think I nailed it there.
    Sooo you wanted to fuck with three other peoples time instead by being too sensitive to hit yes? You realize healer queues are about a minute long right.