Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Starfall Prophecy Open Beta starts tomorrow Thursday the 20th

Unfortunately I can't edit the headline of the previous Thread about the Beta beginning on the 13th so to avoid confusion I just made a new one.

Starfall Prophecy Beta: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20th

I am happy to report that after testing went well yesterday...
    We are ON for Starfall Prophecy Beta THIS THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20th.

Yep, you heard it here, directly second hand from Archonix "What Could Possibly Go Wrong" Producer. I have screenshots of the internal discussion in case I need them. =)

The exact time will be dependent on the patching process, and we'll handle downtime messaging as usual when it's locked and loaded.
    Thank you for your patience - we can't wait to share the Comet of Ankhet with you all, and it's in a ready state now for us all to provide valuable feedback.

Reminder: This is an OPEN BETA - feel free to stream, take screenshots and post about your experiences. We will have a Beta section of the forums up and ready on Thursday.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ober-20th.html

As the announcement states, it's Open Beta so everyone can test, even if you've never played Rift before or didn't buy the Expansion (yet).

If you want to test it out, check this post out on how to start a fresh level 1 char on the Test Server and be level 65 pimped out in latest Tier 3 raid gear, all set to smash some baddies.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post42712696

Posted 12 hours ago nearly and only 5 replies. Forums must not be very active. As for the game itself I'll wait for the bugs to be fixed after launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Posted 12 hours ago nearly and only 5 replies.
    I think the Comet of Ankhet is passing too close to you and causing a Time Dilation field, what 12 hour ago? it was posted just barely over 2 hours ago

Posted at 01:53am my time and it's now 04:11am my time, Time Zones are hard to comprehend.

Also known as just before 5PM Pacific/8PM Eastern in the US, a prime time for people posting in forums.

Their forums are a disaster, most folks have either been permabanned for voicing criticism (like myself, though I was unbanned after talking to Brasse who talked to Ocho) or have seen the bannings go on and bailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I think the Comet of Ankhet is passing too close to you and causing a Time Dilation field, what 12 hour ago? it was posted just barely over 2 hours ago

Posted at 01:53am my time and it's now 04:11am my time, Time Zones are hard to comprehend.

First post says 04:53 PM in your link. Think I'll trust the forum timestamp over you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Also known as just before 5PM Pacific/8PM Eastern in the US, a prime time for people posting in forums.

Their forums are a disaster, most folks have either been permabanned for voicing criticism (like myself, though I was unbanned after talking to Brasse who talked to Ocho) or have seen the bannings go on and bailed.
    Not surprised forums are a mess dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    First post says 04:53 PM in your link. Think I'll trust the forum timestamp over you
    Take a deep breath because i'm about to blow your mind...ready? I live in Europe, the Forum operates on Pacific Time, it shows me my local time so 04:53pm Trion time is **gasp** 01:53am my time, told you Time Zones would be hard to comprehend.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Take a deep breath because i'm about to blow your mind...ready? I live in Europe, the Forum operates on Pacific Time, it shows me my local time so 04:53pm Trion time is **gasp** 01:53am my time, told you Time Zones would be hard to comprehend.
    So it's prime time over there and only 5 posts? Wow that is shocking . Although like Edge said they throw the banhammer about like crazy so most users are probably banned. I mean I remember I used to skim the forums back in SL and I saw loads of posts at prime time. Update now it's 9.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-19 at 03:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's prime time over there and only 5 posts? Wow that is shocking . Although like Edge said they throw the banhammer about like crazy so most users are probably banned. I mean I remember I used to skim the forums back in SL and I saw loads of posts at prime time. Update now it's 9.
    Now, 12 posts.

The "active" community on the official Rift forums is about 30 to 50 people. I don't think I've seen 500 viewers on RIFT Twitch livestream in... forever. Probably why they leave it to the last event in the day so some stragglers from ArcheAge, Atlas, Defiance, Trove stay.

During the time from Dahanese to Ocho, the community was destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Now, 12 posts.

The "active" community on the official Rift forums is about 30 to 50 people. I don't think I've seen 500 viewers on RIFT Twitch livestream in... forever. Probably why they leave it to the last event in the day so some stragglers from ArcheAge, Atlas, Defiance, Trove stay.

During the time from Dahanese to Ocho, the community was destroyed.
    Surprised if any from Defiance are around anymore tbh.

Ouch. Prime time over there and barely 50 people are watching the beta on twitch from the time of my post now.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-21 at 02:31 AM.

Ouch. Prime time over there and barely 50 people are watching the beta on twitch from the time of my post now.
    they are too busy watching trions youtube videos
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Myself and guildies have a major issue with something in this expansion. Possibly the worst, most costly gear grind system in the history of MMORPG's. I'll be streaming in about 7 hours and giving my commentary. I had a brief look this morning and a lot of people were complaining about it.

Yeah not sure what kind of feedback for BETA they are expecting on their forums when a ton of people has been banned for minor offenses going back as far as 5 years. Only testing they listen to anyways are the people in Alpha I.E. Top guilds

Myself and guildies have a major issue with something in this expansion. Possibly the worst, most costly gear grind system in the history of MMORPG's. I'll be streaming in about 7 hours and giving my commentary. I had a brief look this morning and a lot of people were complaining about it.
    I promise you do not understand what a gear grind is until you get full Fenris in Aion 1.0

...and that issue is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I promise you do not understand what a gear grind is until you get full Fenris in Aion 1.0
    I am probably with you on that. My gods. I think I only got up to level 39 in Aion. Still, it did have a heckuva appeal initially.

- - - Updated - - -

...and that issue is?
    Planar Fragments. You have never seen such a friggin' huge plat dump. I'll explain it better after I've relaxed a bit from work in the next two hours or so and do the livestream. It is possibly the single worst system ever designed - I also need to check old livestreams, but I think they're greatly misrepresented - I'm hoping they're
    simply unfinishied.

Basically, it's an RNG fest to upgrade gear. An insane plat dump. Levels of stupidity and RNG I have never seen in an mmorpg to date.

Dev stream is on like 400 viewers from this post. Ouch again. Lot of "hardcore fans" in chat as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I am probably with you on that. My gods. I think I only got up to level 39 in Aion. Still, it did have a heckuva appeal initially.

- - - Updated - - -

Planar Fragments. You have never seen such a friggin' huge plat dump. I'll explain it better after I've relaxed a bit from work in the next two hours or so and do the livestream. It is possibly the single worst system ever designed - I also need to check old livestreams, but I think they're greatly misrepresented - I'm hoping they're
    simply unfinishied.

Basically, it's an RNG fest to upgrade gear. An insane plat dump. Levels of stupidity and RNG I have never seen in an mmorpg to date.
    Yeah not buying an RNG fest after Legion. So definitely not getting it now and I'll stick to my current MMOs. Cheers Wocky. <3
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-21 at 11:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just reached the next Fire zone Ashenfell and what a zone to stop and pause to take some screenies

Shame Rift is a massive eyesore. Only decent image was the 5th one and even then you can see the awful textures. Although to be fair they could be unfinished and not being worked on until the game comes out because let's face it. Trion.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-22 at 09:50 AM.

Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I like the screenshots, although in the third and fourth it appears that the sky-sphere is clipping though the mountains in a place or two.

Quote Originally Posted by thurizas View Post
    Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I like the screenshots, although in the third and fourth it appears that the sky-sphere is clipping though the mountains in a place or two.
    Never found Rift pretty personally but ofc just my opinion.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-23 at 02:53 PM.