Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    When your a dev at blizzard i bet you want to go back to underwater zones and try to get it working, i mean it is something new and a challance to make it work. So for the dev team i am pretty sure they actually would like to go back and make it work.

But as for me i would love to swim from Kalimdor to Eastern Kingdom and from Pandaria to Northend, and for that to happen they need to be connected by the seafloor. (make the world hole)
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2016-10-23 at 02:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the gripe with underwater zones for a lot of people?

Vash'jir never felt weird for me, I just could technically fly without a mount. It was a beautiful zone too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyman64 View Post
    I thought Vash'jir was an amazing zone and it's where I level all my alts for that level range. But I also know tons of people hated it. I think an underwater expansion would be too divisive for Blizzard to do it.
    Did not like it the first time but the second time yes.

For me, the problem was partly due to combat in the water. It was not easy to judge distant and relative location. But apart from that, I think it was an amazing zones and the quest chain was great. Marooned and finding a way to contact civilization .

I don't think people understand that Nagas and Azshara don't need to be underwater. The entire point behind going after the Trident in Cataclysm was so that they could raise the city from the ocean floor. We don't even know where Ny'alotha is or how it looks like or if it's even near Nazjatar in the first place, it's very much doubtful everything would be underwater, 1 zone probably but not more than that.

I'll quit if there's an underwater expansion. One zone is bad enough. The only mmo that's come close to having decent underwater combat is GW2 and it's only marginally decent.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Vash'jir was just done completely wrong. Probably didn't have the proper tech in for such a large scale zone and it was a ugly zone ontop of it.
    But the tons of sea mounts that are being added surely points to them clearly preparing us for a underwater zone or expansion. There's literally no point in adding
    sea mounts for current content.

But they could potentially do a zone that is underwater but with a barrier around it so that it lets you run around on foot. ( at least for some parts)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krieleros View Post
    I'll quit if there's an underwater expansion. One zone is bad enough. The only mmo that's come close to having decent underwater combat is GW2 and it's only marginally decent.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Ohh cry me a river.

Vashjir sucked balls no way they will do that

- - - Updated - - -

Retri pala here hidden skin has a rare mob 5 person 1h-30h spawn then random drop from fishing 2754 casts it took. So yeah 1 elite is nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Vashjir sucked balls no way they will do that
    Idk, I think they'll try it. Cataclysm was years ago, they've got tons of new tech now so I could see it happening, especially if we see Kul Tiras in Legion.
    I mean cmon, a naga expansion without at least one underwater zone would just be wrong. (That is if such an expansion were to happen, though it is most likely going to)

I never understood the hate for Vashj'ir either, I thought they pulled it off pretty flawlessly, and the zone is beautiful besides the third part. Maybe there were class problems I didn't know of? I was a rogue, which is pretty basic mechanically. But I'm not sure how shaman totems, hunter traps, pets, warlock circles, heroics leap, etc etc worked out in that zone, I could imagine those being a mess in 3d.

10+ Year Old Account
    People hate Vashj'ir, but they want flying back. Logic.
    Hi

Humans just aren't very comfortable being underwater. It's awkward and clunky and slow. That's why underwater gameplay sucks in 99% of games.

Vash'jir is my favorite zone in the game, but if they make another underwater zone it needs to be 100% optional like Vash'jir was.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I had a potato computer back in Cata, and Vash'jir seemed weird because of same color everywhere and not enough large distance draw. Things got a bit better when on the seabed, but there was a definite lack of orientation when floating much above it. It's not the same with flying.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I loved Vashj'ir and most underwater content, so if they do, I'd likely really enjoy it. <3
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Are they a sign? Well, then they are a terrible sign. I am currently trying to unlock Kosumoth the Hungering and in cave 3 is an elite that one-shots you

Shadow priest here. It is frustrating beyond belief. Been dying for almost an hour here. Is it not enough to hide these orbs? No, you need to put a mob there that is more powerful than the lick king, Deathwing and corrupted Garrosh combined?
    Send your mindbender in first and immediately interrupt so it doesn't one-shot it. It should smack your mindbender for a brief moment giving you enough time to loot the orb before it kills you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Vash'jir. "Waaah, it's less efficient and I have to pay attention to my surroundings". Bunch of whiny babies in this thread.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    People hate Vashj'ir, but they want flying back. Logic.
    I know, the pro-flying and pro-mounted combat people that are avidly against underwater content make me scratch my head. >.<
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Fucking hope not. 1 zone is fine like Vash'jir but a whole expansion fuck no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    An underwater patch could be on the horizon...
    I m pretty sure it is due to how old gods are teased in the current state of legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    I know, the pro-flying and pro-mounted combat people that are avidly against underwater content make me scratch my head. >.<
    It makes perfect sense. These people, having been trained to derive enjoyment only from completionism, want to be able to tear through content as quickly and efficiently as possible, and anything that reduces efficiency of content consumption is anathema.

Underwater zones reduce efficiency and demand that players pay more attention to their surroundings, as enemies can come from an extra dimension. The above mentioned players don't like being 'forced' to actually play the game.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 7.0 "underwater" mount sucked balls. Didn't give water breathing, barely moves faster than swimming.

I got it to increase my mount count, and I already have my daggermaw's ready for 7.1, but if it's the same as the 7.0, it will also suck balls.
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2016-10-23 at 07:03 PM.