Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Checked inside the village, found nothing, tried interacting with all the named NPCS, nothing. Maybe someone could check in the outskirts of the village or the caves in the mountains nearby or something, but found 0 stuff in the village itself

Im not really convinced that it has anything to do with vrykul:

1. The sword is used somewhere else, too. Look for Liar's Tongue on Wowhead. Its a loot from halls of reflection. For me that is a proof that this style of sword is not bound to vrykul. Especially because there are other very similar swords. For example Meathook's Slicer. Lydia's Sharpened Swordbreaker. And so on. This is wishful thinking in my opinion. The complete base of this theory is questionable.
    2. The runes are not vrykul. They are not even close to anything written in Futhark or the runes you see everywhere around the vrykul.
    3. The text on Runes of Darkening say: "written in a ancient language nobody is speaking anymore". The vrykul are still existing and they would know their own language.

To me the green glow, the runes that are partially the same than runes on the corrupted ashbringer, and the skull (also very similar to the corrupted ashbringer) are clear signs that it has something to do with the burning legion and arthas or anyone corrupted by him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthraax View Post
    The whole Cursed Coin lead and its effect instantly made me think of the plot to the original Pirates of the Caribbean. The Cursed Coin, the Black Pearl, the Cursed Crew... still working out a thought process of how it could be related as it's been a while now since I've seen the movie, but it's very possible that it could enable you to talk to one specific NPC or even make one appear only while you have the buff/effect on you. Gonna go search for them now and see what I can find.
    TBH for me the whole CC thing is weird - I mean, it is there essentially for nothing, you have no reason to ever want to be neutral with these vrykul. Its different in that metter to a crit/haste/etc items that are sometimes found in different areas. You want buffs to kill stuff faster.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirAaron View Post
    TBH for me the whole CC thing is weird - I mean, it is there essentially for nothing, you have no reason to ever want to be neutral with these vrykul. Its different in that metter to a crit/haste/etc items that are sometimes found in different areas. You want buffs to kill stuff faster.
    They make you neutral with the Kvaldir in the zone right? You tried speaking to any of them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBern View Post
    They make you neutral with the Kvaldir in the zone right? You tried speaking to any of them?
    Yes i know they make me neutral - but why would anyone want that? it is not like that place is swarming with mobs that you would want to avoid. Haven't found anyone that wanted to speak with me. Stood around some for like 15 seconds but nobody says anything anyway.

There's a hostile quest mob at the top of the hill. Being neutral to him might open up some options.

Current confirmed locations of stacks of Cursed Coins in the Helmouth Shallows area of Tideskorn Harbor, Stormheim:

57.7 , 35.7
    56.3 , 36.2
    58.5 , 45.7
    60.4 , 42.5
    59.3 , 46.2
    60.3 , 44.3
    Last edited by Anthraax; 2016-10-24 at 07:48 AM.

Tried to collect the coins, the named mob at the top of the hill stays hostile like the dogs.

Looks like the Futhark npc was removed from the game? That id doesnt show up on wowhead anymore.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aroth View Post
    Looks like the Futhark npc was removed from the game? That id doesnt show up on wowhead anymore.
    indeed, the NPC no longer exists within the game files. most likely because he was always just "left over data" from an unreleased quest or WQ. most likely done by blizzard because of all the HAA speculation. as such this entire string of theories is pretty much debunked.
    ..and we're back to square one. no leads or hints what so ever.
    Skysin/Xavius EU

anyone know why i have access to the purple version of dark runeblades? i haven't done anything

Quote Originally Posted by Chipskunk View Post
    anyone know why i have access to the purple version of dark runeblades? i haven't done anything
    Because you got the 200 WQ one with either blood or unholy most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipskunk View Post
    Do you have the Touch of Undeath or Bonereaper's Hook (Blood or Unholy HAA)?

Did you do 200 wqs while using that appearance? Cuz thats why you have access to it. The fact you can see the hidden appearance line for the Blades artifact is probably a bug, but so far Blizzard has not made a comment about it.

Quote Originally Posted by aroth View Post
    Looks like the Futhark npc was removed from the game

This makes me sad.

I was thinking this for a while but...

Has anyone tried to use control undead on some undead vrykul? Be it on stormheim or northrend? Would make sense to control it in order to force it to give you some information or start some event.

Honestly, I bet my money on this just being world drop from The Soul Takers world boss(es). People should just chill until they are in rotation and, if they don't drop from them, resume the hunt.

It's worth revisiting some key npcs after the warrior hot fix today.

Deleted
    is there any point this thread staying open now? futhark being removed from the game debunks this theory, so may as well concentrate all HAA discussion in the main thread now?