Quote Originally Posted by Fientje View Post
    It's this 'waiting to see how this unfolds' that is getting to me.
    We have part one of pathfinder. What will we have to do to get part two? If it has another rep grind in it, I'm out.
    This is something that is bothering me with the game overall currently. For me it seems we actually get less content, and the few content there is: they are forcing us to do it over and over. You want flying: do all quests, expore all, get al reps to exhalted. You want profession recipes: do dungeons and mythics. Want a chance for your legendary to get on par with other legendary wearers: do wq's over and over and over.
    Some may say: we are not forced to do it, nobody is forcing you. But if I don't do professions, in my case alchemy, I can't afford the potions/flasks for raiding. If I don't raid there is not much reason for me to log in anymore. If you don't get a legendary you are very behind others in your run that do have a legendary (talking about the good legendaries here), so wq's it is. Since flying is such a dealbreaker for me, I do have to do all this content they want me to do.
    I already feel stupid for buying Legion seeing how they stay vague about flying again, but that blame is on me. Said I wouldn't buy Legion if no flying at release, followed by saying I would unsub if it wasn't in 7.1. I'll see what 7.1 brings, but if the flying achievement has another rep grind or some silly objective I'm out.
    Another rep grind is highly likely for part 2 But like in WoD it was time gated reps even though part 2 of WoD's pathfinder was shorter in actual content required to complete than part 1. That is why WoW devs saying the majority of it can be completed at launch is misleading, because completion of content depends upon quantity and time required. It was misleading in WoD and it will be misleading in Legion if the same trend holds true.

What will really be a deal breaker for many is if they attach more raiding requirements to part 2 and that is assuming part 2 is the last one. I have a sinking feeling that part 2 may not be the last part that rewards flying and it will be part 3. But overall this will really polarize the sides even more and cause massive resentment for nothing. WoW devs created a problem that didn't need solving sums up the flying fiasco in WoD/Legion. They did the same thing with class pruning and RNG gearing....as if they are going to lose their jobs or something if they don't change for the sake of change..somebody needs to send a memo to WoW devs that if they put out consistently new content most players are happy with that level of effort. Changing classes drastically, gating flying, RNG gearing is all window dressing to distract players as it doesn't solve real problems.

Flying in WoD/Legion has been used as a weapon against non raiding players and it is having very bad results with that player demographic. Even the raiders are starting to resent no flying because they need to farm so much artifact power to keep up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Georger View Post
    It comes with 7.2 or something?

- - - Updated - - -

It comes with 7.2 or something?
    No proof of this. Based on how quickly 7.1 was pushed out they are probably following the MoP time line of releasing content patches. So, 7.2 probably comes sooner than early summer compared to patch 6.2 did. More likely in mid to late spring assuming Nighthold can hold over players starting early next year. So we will know fairly quickly what is happening by February of 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Commercial flight would be the equivalent of flight-paths and taxis. People IRL don't complain that they need personal helicopters foregoing to work and the shops.
    Yes, but they do complain about traffic congestion and commute times. This correlates to things like how long it takes to get to relevant areas of the map in WoW, or dealing with things like worthless dazing mobs that aren't part of the actual quest objectives. Some of that is mitigated by gliders, but ultimately flight is the better tool, obviously; which is why virtually everyone uses it once it's available.

Ultimately the analogy and comparison breaks down, however. Real life does not have the same arbitrary rules like a videogame. We play games for LOTS of different reasons than what we have to deal with in real life.

Deleted
    Honestly I'm about ready for flying now, as I start to resent some zones. And I could not really find a good, coherent argument against it, mostly (last few pages that is) it's misdirection and hearsay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    I'm not interested in real life air travel vs WoW flying. It's just a beyond stupid, completely irrelevant conversation that can't be applicable to this thread no matter how hard you try.
    Why because it completely destroys the anti-fliers argument that trivializing travel somehow makes people do less content?

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Why because it completely destroys the anti-fliers argument that trivializing travel somehow makes people do less content?
    If you read the post you quoted, I said exactly why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Commercial flight would be the equivalent of flight-paths and taxis. People IRL don't complain that they need personal helicopters foregoing to work and the shops.

- - - Updated - - -

Usually (in TBC, Cata and MoP) Blizzard start you on the ground, then let you fly, then groundnyou again for the end of expansion world content. Isn't it a smoother progression keep v you grounded for longer and Letti g you fly towards the end like in WoD and presumably Legion?

I thought doing the dirty work was beneath you and degrading?

Yes the game is about progressing your character, but each expansion hits a reset. With WoD and Legion Blizzard decided not to progress you to I-win button status as soon as you get to the level cap.
    How is flying a "I win button" ? Jeez dude you really are trying to troll real hard here. Flying does not give you a edge on anyone else playing the game, in the past maybe but not in this expansion.... There is no way you can say that flying is a "I win button" it is just n "convenience" button. Everything is per char, chests, artifact power etc. Even the rare mobs spawn so damn fast, you barely finished looting them then they respawn... so how the fuck exactly can someone "win" if they fly?

oh wait I see...." but he finished the WQ before me because he flew there, and I chose to run there...." well again absolutely not winning you in any way....

Do you think more or less people traveled in real life before or after the existance of commercial airlines?
    Travel for what, holidays only or all reasons? Either way, the answer is yes, they travelled just as much. From nomadic tribes that moved around due to climate changes and various other reasons, to the settlers that would go from their homestead into the nearest town to trade goods. How about all the people who would travel from kingdom to kingdom peddling their wares.
    Oh, you meant holiday travel only, right? Yeah, people never travelled by carriage or boat anywhere before commercial flight. People certainly never travel by car for holiday or work, right? Due to costs vs salary, it's more likely that people travel by ground more than air in this day and age, even looking aside work related travel. I suppose you want to adjust this arguement to travel only overseas now? Yeah, you'd probably be right in that more people travel overseas by commercial air than land and sea these days, but considering you said travel (all encompassing) than you are dead wrong. Simply traveling the United States there are more people that travel by ground than commercial air when discussing various distances. Are you going to fly 100 miles for $300+ dollars or drive that distance for $40+?

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Honestly I'm about ready for flying now, as I start to resent some zones. And I could not really find a good, coherent argument against it, mostly (last few pages that is) it's misdirection and hearsay.
    Usually it takes three months for people to give up on the grounded vision of no flight world content but I have seen it a lot sooner with a lot of players the first two months into Legion. WoW devs used up their player currency in WoD and they delivered patch 6.1 and then a huge drought of nothing till patch 6.2 outside of raiding.

Legiion unlike WoD can't hide the warts of the no flying idea because there are no garrisons and player progression is linked to the garrison 3.0 follower system (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Travel for what, holidays only or all reasons? Either way, the answer is yes, they travelled just as much. From nomadic tribes that moved around due to climate changes and various other reasons, to the settlers that would go from their homestead into the nearest town to trade goods. How about all the people who would travel from kingdom to kingdom peddling their wares.
    Oh, you meant holiday travel only, right? Yeah, people never travelled by carriage or boat anywhere before commercial flight. People certainly never travel by car for holiday or work, right? Due to costs vs salary, it's more likely that people travel by ground more than air in this day and age, even looking aside work related travel. I suppose you want to adjust this arguement to travel only overseas now? Yeah, you'd probably be right in that more people travel overseas by commercial air than land and sea these days, but considering you said travel (all encompassing) than you are dead wrong. Simply traveling the United States there are more people that travel by ground than commercial air when discussing various distances. Are you going to fly 100 miles for $300+ dollars or drive that distance for $40+?
    So people dont fly because its expensive? That doesnt negate my argument. My argument is that given a choice between doing things in WoW with or without flight, people will do more if they can get to them faster

So people dont fly because its expensive? That doesnt negate my argument. My argument is that given a choice between doing things in WoW with or without flight, people will do more if they can get to them faster
    They will do more things they find necessary or want to do, sure; but, they will still do the same things they deem necessary or want to with or without flight. Just because you don't have flight doesn't mean you won't do things you want to do unless you are that pressed for time. I mean, winning point saying people do more things in the same time frame if they can do them faster. That's like saying "it's always in the last place you look."

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    They will do more things they find necessary or want to do, sure; but, they will still do the same things they deem necessary or want to with or without flight. Just because you don't have flight doesn't mean you won't do things you want to do unless you are that pressed for time. I mean, winning point saying people do more things in the same time frame if they can do them faster. That's like saying "it's always in the last place you look."
    Ive already stopped doing emmisary quests, i dont feel like running around the horrible terrain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, people still argue about this? It's done already; there is no flying, and blizzard said there wouldn't be until a later patch. Is it a huge deal? No, not at all. With gliders on a 3min CD, emerald winds on a 10min cd, flight master's whistle on a 5min cd, and many other toys you can get that are not so common, flight is not necessary, there is no area that is hard to get to. Fly to a flightpath, mount up, ride for 1min, hang glide if needed, finish WQ, flight masters whistle, gg. Anyone complaining they need flying is just silly and quite frankly wrong. More so, the people that say they wont start playing until flying is added... fucking LoL. Basically you are saying flying is the best aspect of the game, and if it is, don't even play then because this is a pretty pathetic game for you. especially since all endgame content has never included flying (dungeons, raids, pvp, world bosses, scenarios, questing [except getting to the quests], and much more).

There's no compelling reason to prohibit flight 4-6 months after release.

Is it the end of the world? No, it isn't. But it's also not necessary to hold back. If flight isn't a big deal, as you say, then there's no reason to hold it back. Just phase the world quests to no-fly and make Suramar a no-fly zone. It's really that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    Wait, people still argue about this? It's done already; there is no flying, and blizzard said there wouldn't be until a later patch. Is it a huge deal? No, not at all. With gliders on a 3min CD, emerald winds on a 10min cd, flight master's whistle on a 5min cd, and many other toys you can get that are not so common, flight is not necessary, there is no area that is hard to get to. Fly to a flightpath, mount up, ride for 1min, hang glide if needed, finish WQ, flight masters whistle, gg. Anyone complaining they need flying is just silly and quite frankly wrong. More so, the people that say they wont start playing until flying is added... fucking LoL. Basically you are saying flying is the best aspect of the game, and if it is, don't even play then because this is a pretty pathetic game for you. especially since all endgame content has never included flying (dungeons, raids, pvp, world bosses, scenarios, questing [except getting to the quests], and much more).
    Don't forget even the new class has a no CD forever glider.

If it is not a big deal why did Blizzard nerf/limit all these toys as people were using them to imitate flying on the Broken Isles?

The answer is obvious to me, but I am willing to hear what you think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Don't forget even the new class has a no CD forever glider.
    Blizzard nerfed the toys because it hurts Demon Hunters class fantasy. Do you buy it?

Yes or no?

WoW without flight is like a finely cooked meal with a short-curly hair in it. It's technically still a good meal, but the entire thing is ruined by one nasty, disgusting thing in it.

Or if you don't like food analogies, it's like an amazingly good acoustic song that's ruined by a bad singer. Everything about the music is great except for the discordant sound created by one bad voice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Blizzard nerfed the toys because it hurts Demon Hunters class fantasy. Do you buy it?

Yes or no?
    The entire class fantasy thing needs to DIAF. It's been used to excuse so many nonsensical decisions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    You do realize this 'only difference' is the reason this thread and discussion still exists, right? Not being available at level cap is a HUGE change.

You literally contradicted yourself here. If immersion is subjective, then no, it doesn't pertain to your character or the world surrounding you. If I told you my idea of immersion was instanced content and not the open world, then you'd be completely wrong.

Except it's not about exploring the skies. It's about being able to use a flight mount you've earned to obtain, at max level, the same time as most other expansions. This current change is not a path of least resistance, it's a path of resistance. There was never a need to enforce 'immersion' at max level. No one was asking for this.
    1. That "huge change" happened 2 years ago. People need to get a grip.
    2. Immersion is subjective. Agreeing to disagree since you just want to parse words and pick a fight.
    3. No one had to ask for it. Blizz wanted it. Turns out they can change their game to meet their wants and needs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    The game at it's core is about progressing an hero character from a low level newbie to a high level hero
    This is the basis of the game. Travel is not an integral part of that leveling. We're lucky flight on Azeroth was unlocked at all, and that we are not still walking until lvl 40. Having an heirloom bike at lvl 1 is something more than we ever thought would be added.

Ive already stopped doing emmisary quests, i dont feel like running around the horrible terrain.
    I don't find have problem navigating the terrain in Legion and it's pretty straight forward and I have done all the Legion treasures, rares and outdoor quests. It's a lot better than WoD where you had Spires of Arak or Nagrand treasures that required the glider to reach them.

What exactly do you find horrible about it?
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    This is the basis of the game. Travel is not an integral part of that leveling. We're lucky flight on Azeroth was unlocked at all, and that we are not still walking until lvl 40. Having an heirloom bike at lvl 1 is something more than we ever thought would be added.
    the level 1 bike is something only someone like "Johnny Awesome" with powerful older brother could have, new players still had to go the old way around.

unless they give 50 buck to bli$$ard ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

The hardest part about world quests is actually getting to them because of the terrain. Frustration over travel does not make for engaging game play.

Additionally, we're heavily invested in our flying mounts, it's absurd to keep them grounded.