Anyone have any information on CTR being compromised? People are going crazy over the seeming suppression of those who want to discuss Ben Fischbein, the man in charge of Correct the Record.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Anyone have any information on CTR being compromised? People are going crazy over the seeming suppression of those who want to discuss Ben Fischbein, the man in charge of Correct the Record.
    What is that? Never heard of that dude or site (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    We also don't know if Clinton is a disguised lizard alien from a planet orbiting Formalhaut, come to Earth to teach humans the benefits of wearing pantsuits, but its not an idea anyone seriously entertains because there is no evidence for it besides her fondness for pantsuits (which has more reasonable explanations than "lizard alien"). There are more reasonable explanations, given the time frame and wording of the e-mail, than the one you are offering.

"Your reasonable speculation, given common behavior of presidential candidates, is interfering with my baseless speculation about Clinton's venality. So stop speculating."
    First of all The Atlantic says the same thing, that her camp was more concerned with appearances of her as an announced presidential candidate speaking at one of her own foundation events. If you want to say that they were merely concerned over a scheduling conflict with other fundraisers, then you have to show some evidence of that.

I'm not speculating on anything. You have no idea how long a meeting like this would have been planned. It's not unreasonable to assume it could have been planned for 18 months before announcing.

I've pointed out specifically that this isn't close to a smoking gun and does nothing more than raise eyebrows. Either you didn't read that, or you're such a Clinton sycophant that the mere hint of anything mildly or potentially unfavorable said about her sets you off. Your next post will tell me which of those it is.

Edit -
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    From the ones I've seen, not really. Some have raised eyebrows
    See Slyback? It's not that crazy.
    Last edited by Merkava; 2016-10-23 at 05:18 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    lol wat /confused

Are you stating that any number of the emails that raise objectionable content, but because the other guy does the same (or is worse) it is acceptable? I mean I don't like either of them. I'm just trying to gauge and ask if any of the supposed revelations in these leaks have merit or not. I'm not asking if a majority, or a minority, half, or a quarter. I am asking if ANY. Even one?

We already know Trump is a basket case. I'm just trying to figure out if there any Democrat voters in this thread are grounded in reality at all.
    It's more like, there's some pretty routine stuff in there, like correspondence among the Clinton campaign to place some ads, but it gets utterly twisted into incredibly sinister stuff by people with an agenda that any ounce of legitimate criticism to be gleaned from the emails gets lost in massive piles of bullshit from people spin doctoring routine stuff into literally satan.

Every time someone here makes an absolutely insane and ridiculous claim about Clinton, their proof is always "Go to wikileaks, read the emails!" without links to anything specific.

So yeah, that's been my experience with these leaked emails so far. Hysteria and spin doctoring with no grounding in rationality or any sane thought really.

If someone wants me/us to take a look at a specific, damning email, we will. But that's the problem. Every time a crazy claim is made about Clinton, within the last few weeks, we ask for justification/proof and we always get the line: "Go read wikileaks! Go read the emails!" As if staring blankly at some innocuous emails and thinking really negative thoughts about Clinton will make hidden satanic lettering that was there the whole time appear.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-10-23 at 05:06 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Haha now you people notice how nonsense the "no politics" rule is for churches.
    Pfff, what do you mean 'you people'.

Venant laid it out pretty solid so I'll just quote him for you to see in case you missed it:

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    There is a difference between a church, as an individual entity making political statements, and a church literally having its sermon scripted directly by a political campaign. I agree that churches engaging in political preaching is wrong and in many cases violates the 501c rules, but this case in which sermons are written by a campaign is just so ludicrously over the top its impossible to draw an equivalency.
    Relevant side note, there's an interesting truth about this campaign that didn't really garner any discussion whatsoever and that is that Hillary Clinton is the religious candidate this time around.

Now whether shes truly is in her heart (something we can never know) ..or its just another HRC targeting the audience what what they want to hear ...or its a tactical approach to pander to "AFA and Latinos" (according to the emails) ...or a combination of all these things ...there is no doubt that she has made substantial efforts to let religious voters know shes "one of them".

“Thank you for asking that. I am a person of faith. I am a Christian. I am a Methodist,” -Hillary Clinton

“I was born into a Methodist family — parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, claiming to go all the way back to the coalfields hearing the Wesleys preach,” -Hillary Clinton

"I do believe that in many areas judgment should be left to God, that being more open, tolerant and respectful is part of what makes me humble about my faith." -Hillary Clinton

^I don't recall ever hearing a Democrat politician allude to anybody but themselves having the last say let alone God, haha.

“My study of the Bible … has led me to believe the most important commandment is to love the Lord with all your might and to love your neighbor as yourself, and that is what I think we are commanded by Christ to do. And there is so much more in the Bible about taking care of the poor, visiting the prisoners, taking in the stranger, creating opportunities for others to be lifted up … I think there are many different ways of exercising your faith.” -Hillary Clinton

“Don [Don Jones First United Methodist Church in Park Ridge, HRC's youth pastror] opened up a new world to me, and helped guide me on a spiritual, social and political journey of over 40 years,” - Hillary Clinton

^This one is particularly interesting in that shes openly saying religion is guiding her as she makes government decisions.

“We need a new politics of meaning. We have to summon up what we believe is morally and ethically and spiritually correct and do the best we can with God’s guidance.” -Hillary Clinton

^What exactly is the meaning behind this one? That God should be an influencing factor in government?

--

Now these things wouldn't be at all abnormal coming from a Republican but to have a so called "progressive liberal" Democrat uttering them is just bizarre.

And to have the anti-religion (often to the point of bigotry) Left media completely gloss over it is even more bizarre.

We live in strange times, don't we Wells?
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Now these things wouldn't be at all abnormal coming from a Republican but to have a so called "progressive liberal" Democrat uttering them is just bizarre.

And to have the anti-religion (often to the point of bigotry) Left media completely gloss over it is even more bizarre.

We live in strange times, don't we Wells?
    We're against fundamentalists, not Christians in general. Have you never heard of the Christian Left?

It only appears bizarre to you because you've convinced yourself that being against intelligent design in schools, being against religious legislation (gay marriage bans, abortion bans), etc., is somehow anti-religion.

It's not opposition to religion. It's opposition to assholes that want to insert their religious morality into other people's lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Yeah its pretty fucking bizarre to claim that liberals or the left are anti religion when there are all kinds of religions and denominations that are heavily Democratic voting. Granted right wingers who go on about "religion" and "Christianity" usually just mean evangelical Protestantism. The rest? Eh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah its pretty fucking bizarre to claim that liberals or the left are anti religion when there are all kinds of religions and denominations that are heavily Democratic voting. Granted right wingers who go on about "religion" and "Christianity" usually just mean evangelical Protestantism. The rest? Eh.
    Oh he clearly missed this gem from Curt Schilling from 2 days ago

”As a person who’s practicing the Jewish faith and has since you were young,” Schilling opened, “I don’t understand how people of Jewish faith can back the Democratic Party, which over the last 50 years has been so clearly anti-Israel.”

I'd be embarassed for Schilling if he wasn't such a horrific homunculus of a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    We're against fundamentalists
    Haha, specific ones at least.

Anyways since you guys skipped over the entire part about Clinton both breaking the law (again) and making some pretty egregious statements contradicting that whole "separation of blah and state" thing I guess...

...I'll choose to ignore the few cherry picked examples that attempt to justify the rest of the bigotry and I choose to ignore the hilarious hypocrisy of pretending to oppose the act of "inserting a version of morality into peoples lives" when we all know damn well its just a matter of what version gets forced not the act in general.

So we can end this here before this goes too far off topic.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    People often drone on and on about how Clinton is owned by the evil Saudis because of their donation...

Guess that means she is also owned by other such evil entities as the government of the UK, the government of Germany, the government of Norway, the government of Australia, the dastardly evil Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, etc. All of whom made donations of similar sizes.

People tend to ignore them because they aren't brown and from the Middle East though.
    Why are governments donating money to private charities at all? The governments should spend the money helping the poor directly if they are going to "help the poor".

- - - Updated - - -

Haha now you people notice how nonsense the "no politics" rule is for churches.
    The Hatch act makes it illegal for federal employees to campaign or p[romote for candidates for office yet everyone from the President, his cabinet members, the senate, and house members all do it. They are all breaking the law yet nobody does anything about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Why are governments donating money to private charities at all? The governments should spend the money helping the poor directly if they are going to "help the poor".
    Because the Clinton Foundation is already dick deep in all of those activities in the places where those activities are needed.

So when the government of the UK, for example, decides they want to help fight HIV or help starving kids or whatever. Their money will be spent a lot more efficiently going into a charity that is already doing that than trying to start their own charity towards the same goal from scratch.

I want Clinton to win because rednecks hate her. Rednecks make the best angry paragraphs on social media

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I want Clinton to win because rednecks hate her. Rednecks make the best angry paragraphs on social media
    Yeah the meltdowns will be real.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    What would be your take on someone saying, "I want Trump to win because the wetbacks hate him"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Eh, the three I colored above I think aren't gonna be dead. For the one in green, Saint Reagan will always be the shining example for Republicans that they'll hang on to.
    How is that applicable? While Reagan was an actor before he was a politician, he was Governor of California before he ran for President.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    What would be your take on someone saying, "I want Trump to win because the wetbacks hate him"?
    It's a good indication of progressive movement when rednecks and bible-belters are opposed to it (looking at you gay marriage, gun control & environmentalism)

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad news: Trump finally got a newspaper endorsement.

Clinton is no longer winning by infinity percent. She's only winning by 2500%.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

I'd be curious about whether anyone could explain to me why anyone gives a shit about newspaper endorsements? Apparently they help in campaigns, but why? I really can't imagine what would render newspaper editorialists any more competent to evaluate an election than any of us MMO shitposters.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Substantive issues are in play this November.
    EDITORIAL: Donald Trump for president
    HMMM

But seriously, citing the debt as a reason to elect Trump is just fucking bizarre.

Or this one:
    empowering censors to regulate political speech
    You had to have been in a coma for the last 18 months to think Trump is a friend to free speech.

authoritarian left
    Bingo! I have Bingo!