Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Adding ilvl to wow was probably one of the biggest mistakes they ever did.

Don't care that much about it myself coz I tank but it's definitely removed some of the charm in pugging. (also, content on a timer is lame as fuck imo, just make it actually harder to do but not have a timer, but thats another point entirely.)

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    no..they already stated its a tad harder than mythic so prob compared to mythic +2 or +3. I mean you could probably do it with 830's but the struggle will be real
    Of course its a little harder.
    7.0 Mythics at 825 is good. I did mythics with friends who had 810s when we first started. They dropped 840s. Add 15 ilvls to what's needed for 7.0 mythics and you get what is needed for Kara. Go with 830s with your friends. I'm expecting to go through kara on alts that are 830 or so with my mates.

So YES. Exactly how I said. Just cause you like to be carried doesn't mean what I said was wrong. People have to use their brain instead of following the LFG crowd like sheep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

One thing to consider is that Kara has scaling ilvl. Even if 840 is sufficient for a comfortable run of the bosses that drop 850, following the minus 10 ilvl rule you might struggle with the final boss up to 865, as he drops 875s.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I heard it drops 860(baseline) gear so I would think at-least 850.
    Blizzard group finder suggests ilvl 830 for mythics, and those drop 840 baseline, so Kara is most likely tuned around 840-845 ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will assume full vanilla mythic and thus be tuned for 840. People will ask for 855.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I mean you could probably complete it at 820 with good players tbh. But i expect 850 to be the standard
    With pugs asking for 860 + EN ahead of the curve achievement.

probably 840+ like any normal mythic dungeon, but because peoples want epik people, they will ask for 870+ ;p

So much optimism in this thread lol! 860+ or gtfo people!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Blizzard group finder suggests ilvl 830 for mythics, and those drop 840 baseline, so Kara is most likely tuned around 840-845 ilvl.
    from what I read the progression through kara will get harder as you get closer to the end. doesn't look like its going to have a flat-line difficulty as most dungeons do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think asking 880 is safe Kappa

Tbh the better question is how easy is it going to be to get a pugged group for this dungeon that is anywhere near the actual intended ilvl?

You all know the vast majority of groups will not be asking for the answer you are all giving the op.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I heard it drops 860(baseline) gear so I would think at-least 850.
    I think groups will crush it with current gear levels

It will be tuned for 845-850 most likely, which means that pugs will want 870 + 2 legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I think groups will crush it with current gear levels
    "I think 'Coordinated' groups will crush it with current gear levels."

Most pugs need to over gear the content to get through things these days.

If you're decent you'll probably be fine at 820-830. The other Mythics were doable at 795-800.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a tank I can be 830 and still get a group.

It's nice when people don't like taking responsibility in a game and just care for big numbers on the screen.

Luckily I actually find Tanking far more relaxing and fun than trying frantically to squeeze out every inch of DPS that your class is (not) capable of by min-maxing rotations in an unenjoyable manner (because doing less than 200K dps in a NORMAL raids and standard Mythics is somehow a grave sin) because Blizzard plays Spin The Wheel every month with who's going to be do double the DPS compared to some classes (Hey MM Hunters and Ferals looking at you).

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Regardless of ilvl, just waiting to see everyone complain about how long it takes. According to FatBoss (I think) the dungeon will take most decently geared groups roughly an hour and a half to finish.
    Blizzard says its meant to be designed so you can "go back to it" later on in the week. Haha yeah as if that's going to be a feature used.

It's not going to make the game any more social blizzard, when you give tacit support to elitist and toxic behaviour you're never going to improve the game. Instead of designing the game around the top 10% of people who actually get to experience content they should continue the path of opening up content and expanding max level content, WQ's and PvP leveling is a tentative step in the right direction, but there is still a top heavy emphasis on Mythic raiding (with it's ridiculous 20 player fixed cap) and on Arenas, specifically balancing all pvp interaction around 3v3 and giving a "devil may care" attitude to every other facet of pvp ("competitive" pvp in an MMO as well, lol).
    Last edited by Kardagh; 2016-10-22 at 04:43 AM.

Deleted
    What is the attunement for Karazhan ?

Quote Originally Posted by Reiziger View Post
    Adding ilvl to wow was probably one of the biggest mistakes they ever did.

Don't care that much about it myself coz I tank but it's definitely removed some of the charm in pugging. (also, content on a timer is lame as fuck imo, just make it actually harder to do but not have a timer, but thats another point entirely.)
    Ilvl wasn't always viewable. There was a Gearscore app took your gear, gems and enchants and spit out a score. Blizzard didn't like it and decided to just make the item level on gear viewable and use its average as a rough metric for player strength. iLvL is much more generous to lower geared/cheaper players who aren't shelling out for the high tier enchants/gems on their 840 gear.

As for Kara people will probably be dumb and ask for 860 at launch because they want easy clears. Until we actually get in there on tuesday can't say for sure but I'd say a well coordinated group can do it, possibly with the exception of the 9th boss, in 830. Tuned for 840-845. 9th boss 860.

Quote Originally Posted by Threndsa View Post
    Ilvl wasn't always viewable. There was a Gearscore app took your gear, gems and enchants and spit out a score. Blizzard didn't like it and decided to just make the item level on gear viewable and use its average as a rough metric for player strength. iLvL is much more generous to lower geared/cheaper players who aren't shelling out for the high tier enchants/gems on their 840 gear.

As for Kara people will probably be dumb and ask for 860 at launch because they want easy clears. Until we actually get in there on tuesday can't say for sure but I'd say a well coordinated group can do it, possibly with the exception of the 9th boss, in 830. Tuned for 840-845. 9th boss 860.
    I know it wasn't always viewable. That was my point, back when there weren't "link curve or GTFO" or "870+ ilvl only!" groups all the time, pugging instances or raids was more fun. Sure, sometimes you'd have a bad apple, but people also seemed more patient and nice back then.

Um yea there were. Instead it was LF LK clear. Link achieve or 6600+ GS or GTFO. As soon as achieves came out in Wrath people were asking to link achieve after the 2nd week.

I rarely saw anything outside Mag/Grull/Kara pugs in BC and pugging in vanilla was largely getting 40 warmish bodies in the instance to help out the 20 core people in your guild doing the heavy lifting.