Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    The large majority of multiplayer WoW time is spent in groups of 5-20. Nothing massive about it. Mobas with 10 players per game have more players than basic wow dungeons. It's not a joke it's a sad truth.
    There's multiple people out in the world, in cities, for world bosses and all that jazz. Group sizes in instanced content don't say shit, WoW is an MMORPG no matter how much you bitch about it.

Personally, I loved the old model where reputations had good gear, profession and vanity stuff. I think TBC had it almost perfect, though I enjoyed the Wotlk tabard system, which I felt made logical sense(you wear banner of a faction and do things in its name, you gain renown with them).

Getting reputation mounts has always a fun thing for me to grind. very disappointing - I'll only bother with them for Pathfinder

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    I I want is a mount or something. Maybe a even better version of the shoulder enchant would be cool.
    This is why we can't have nice things.
    All YOU want. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    There's multiple people out in the world, in cities, for world bosses and all that jazz. Group sizes in instanced content don't say shit, WoW is an MMORPG no matter how much you bitch about it.
    Except that the majority of people and their time is spent in the dungeons and instances not out in the world in cities and world bosses. The world and world bosses are not even close to being the main focus of the game, the small dungeons and raiding is.

It'd be like calling WoW a FPS because you can zoom in and have a gun. No.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wouldnt call em rewards

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Personally, I loved the old model where reputations had good gear
    Then they would be mandatory and people would be all up on the barricades blaming Blizzard for "gating" mandatory gear behind reps and telling us how they're losing raid spots. Just like the whines with legendary RNG now.

People are the problem. Always whinging about stupid little shit like rep reward pixels not being the correct pixels.

Deleted
    They need to add some gear that's actually useful and otherwise hard to obtain, like weapon relics.

820 revered necks and 840 exalted cloaks are completely worthless, because by the time you reach the rep, you already have better ones. Not to mention that the same applies on crafted gear: completely worthless. Who is going to obliterate hundreds of items just to upgrade a piece of crafted shit to 850?

Add the ridiculous RNG bullhshit, and the effort vs. rewards ratio of this expansion is the worst of all times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Then they would be mandatory and people would be all up on the barricades blaming Blizzard for "gating" mandatory gear behind reps and telling us how they're losing raid spots. Just like the whines with legendary RNG now.

People are the problem. Always whinging about stupid little shit like rep reward pixels not being the correct pixels.
    Thats fine. Thats much better then worthless. In fact that should have been the lesson from wod. Content that is worthless is not content.

Aa for legendaries most of the complainta would die if they simple.provided a way fr you tk actually grind fkr them. The REPS should award them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Personally, I loved the old model where reputations had good gear, profession and vanity stuff. I think TBC had it almost perfect, though I enjoyed the Wotlk tabard system, which I felt made logical sense(you wear banner of a faction and do things in its name, you gain renown with them).
    Wotlk was so fucking superior in so many ways. Its a shame that the developers seem to be running away from that model as much as they can.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by ryzael View Post
    reputation is an rpg mechanic, it's about time they phased it out of wow.
    cant tell if baiting or something more troubling

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I got some bad news for you. Even the achievements are lacking. There's Nightfallen exalted since they tied it to class hall shoulders and there's "one faction to exalted". Nothing else. The other factions don't have their own achievement and there's no meta for getting all 6 of them to exalted either.
    Yet. I'd bet my Jeeves that it's part of pathfinder pt 2.
    Overall this is the most rewarding rep grind though if you think of WQ rewards as part of it. Think of what the rewards would have to be for a set of 5 dailies to equal what you get clearing out a zone in a day.

Exalted gear should be bound to account so it would actually be useful. Or actually why not make all reputation stuff bta, so alts would not need to bother with reputation grind that much.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    Would have been nice to have a few mounts though, even WoD had those (literally the only reason to even bother with rep in WoD TBH)
    Yeah, but in WoD people whined about the exalted rep rewards being "lackluster", because of mounts recolored/reskinned. So people should decide once and for all what they want and stop whining either way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Exalted gear should be bound to account so it would actually be useful. Or actually why not make all reputation stuff bta, so alts would not need to bother with reputation grind that much.
    Yea, man, so i can cancel my subscription in 2 months but still say i won the game... (/sarcasm off)

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    Useful rewards - players complain they are mandatory.
    Mediocre rewards - players complain they are not worth.

I would say the problem is in players, not rewards.
    I would say the problem is the forum posters that think everyone other than themselves is a monolithic entity that contradicts itself rather than individuals with differences in opinion.

Those people are almost assuredly not the same people complaining about those things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Thats fine. Thats much better then worthless. In fact that should have been the lesson from wod. Content that is worthless is not content.

Aa for legendaries most of the complainta would die if they simple.provided a way fr you tk actually grind fkr them. The REPS should award them.
    They're absolutely not worthless as they are. The 850 drops are still upgrades for many, especially for people who don't run dungeons and only quest. Bumping them to 860-870 would've made them absolutely required "pre-raid gear" for raiders and other try-hard people.

The legendaries should absolutely not be tied to reps - that would lead back to Wrath style "grind for points" which is even less fun than the current system and serves no one except people who plan their gametime using spreadsheets.

The legendaries should have element of randomness. The way to fix them is to reduce the amount of them - there should be only 4 of them (one for each loot role, tank, heal, rdps, mdps) - and the droprate should be lowered even more, so that only handful of people would get them over the arc of their lifetime.

Then people wouldn't *expect* to get them, they wouldn't be required for raid spots - and they'd be "fun surprise drops" providing significant ilvl boost (give them lots of main stat + strong secondary).

I'm really surprised by the lack of mounts. Particularly the ones that seem like no-brainers such as the sabers, unicorns, and mooses.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I really don't get why they even have gear. By the time you hit exalted and could buy the piece you should have at least something of the same quality or higher in that slot, even if you don't raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Yeah, but in WoD people whined about the exalted rep rewards being "lackluster", because of mounts recolored/reskinned. So people should decide once and for all what they want and stop whining either way.
    I mean, multiple re-colors feels like they cheapened the rewards from some of the reputations a bit, but by the time we had dungeon rep week; everyone was exalted anyway. The thing that was super flawed with WoD reps wasn't so much the recolors, it was that the only way to raise several of them was "go to specific area, and commit warcrimes until you fall asleep or hit exalted".

Multiple recolors of the same mount wasn't a good thing.
    No mounts at all is also not a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    They're absolutely not worthless as they are. The 850 drops are still upgrades for many, especially for people who don't run dungeons and only quest. Bumping them to 860-870 would've made them absolutely required "pre-raid gear" for raiders and other try-hard people.

The legendaries should absolutely not be tied to reps - that would lead back to Wrath style "grind for points" which is even less fun than the current system and serves no one except people who plan their gametime using spreadsheets.

The legendaries should have element of randomness. The way to fix them is to reduce the amount of them - there should be only 4 of them (one for each loot role, tank, heal, rdps, mdps) - and the droprate should be lowered even more, so that only handful of people would get them over the arc of their lifetime.

Then people wouldn't *expect* to get them, they wouldn't be required for raid spots - and they'd be "fun surprise drops" providing significant ilvl boost (give them lots of main stat + strong secondary).
    Grind for points was actually incredible.fun for.most people playing this game. It provided fantastic rewards for people.in a relatively low pressure low commitment environment that was broad enough to include them and their friends.

The current rep system is extremely poor. Non of the rewards are upgrades unless of course you do NOTHING but world content and even then I suspect you are more than likely to have much better gear from the chests by the time you unlock any reps. Let alone if you do any dungeons or lfr.

Making them required for try hards is fine and is probably a good sign that the system is working as required. It would show that non raid content is just as if not more rewarding than raid content. Raiders SHOULD feel forced even though they are by no means actually forced. This is also precisely why the legendatries should be on a currency as we. It provides a long term goal for players (much like AP) while removing the rng frustration that the current system offers.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Grind for points was actually incredible.fun for.most people playing this game. It provided fantastic rewards for people.in a relatively low pressure low commitment environment that was broad enough to include them and their friends.

The current rep system is extremely poor. Non of the rewards are upgrades unless of course you do NOTHING but world content and even then I suspect you are more than likely to have much better gear from the chests by the time you unlock any reps. Let alone if you do any dungeons or lfr.

Making them required for try hards is fine and is probably a good sign that the system is working as required. It would show that non raid content is just as if not more rewarding than raid content. Raiders SHOULD feel forced even though they are by no means actually forced. This is also precisely why the legendatries should be on a currency as we. It provides a long term goal for players (much like AP) while removing the rng frustration that the current system offers.
    Nobody should feel forced to do anything, there should however be incentives that drive players to want to engage in certain activities over others, regardless of relative play style.