Simcraft wrong on fury single target?

When I sim for single target it says I can do around 340k, but my best is around 220 to 250k dps. Just seems way off compared to what it says and I can do.

Never trust simcraft.
    It simulates perfect timing, buff uptime, perfect rotations and cooldown usage.

It will never be right.

Simcraft inflates dps quite a bit through lack of realistic latency modelling and perfect usage of abilities/cooldown syncing that is not possible in game. The patchwerk setting is also a fight that does not exist, mechanics and movement obviously have an effect on your dps. The biggest issue I think that inflates simcraft is haste, perfect example is how it posts a massive increase in dps for Arms at 20% haste and then a large drop off in haste value, it's simulating something that isn't possible in game at 20%, which is why the up to date guides recommend 22-23%..

Simcraft is a great tool, but it's far from perfect and almost always has flaws.. Always take it with a grain of salt, never trust class comparisons in Simcraft, they are massively subject to human error/bias down to the profiles and always have been.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

It's not wrong, it's nearly 100% accurate

but the problem is it has a perfect execute phase that lasts quite a while in a solo sim so it allows for very high jug stacking

only very few fury warriors can actually manage that level of execute performance

I'm hitting my sims on the dot pre execute

Deleted
    I am mostly only using AMR for simulating my dps, I like how you can easily tweak all the variables. The one thing that comes up constantly with sims is how execute phase inflates our simmed dps. So my question is, is there a way to remove the execute phase from sims? I.e. have a target dummy sim scenario? I can't seem to find it in AMR's settings.

Yeah I know sims are higher, but the diff between what im doing in raids and the sims are 100k. Was just making sure that was normal.

-Long execute Phase
    -Doesn't lose juggernaut stacks
    -Prepot
    -Bloodlust

These are probably the main reasons for the differences, especially the first two. Juggernaut is extremely powerful in a theoretical scenario that lasts a couple minutes with no stacks falling off, ever. Unfortunately, this is rarely the case - in content like m+ execute phases on bosses last 10-15s and in raids there will very often be mechanics that completely screw your stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Copey View Post
    Never trust simcraft.
    It simulates perfect timing, buff uptime, perfect rotations and cooldown usage.

It will never be right.
    It's certainly correct, I've been able to replicate it in game quite easily; however you need to understand how to use the tool correctly, as well as having a good understanding of the nuance of Fury DPS, which a lot of people think they do, but really don't.

If you have it set to a patchwerk sim, which is the default, you need to actually be doing your rotation in a patchwerk environment. A lot of people forget (or never knew) that there are actually a number of different styles that can be simulated, and even more can be programmed outside of that. There was a time during SoO where we had almost every raid fight modeled in simcraft.

As for rotations, buff uptime and cooldown usage; I actually made a point of making the Fury profile realistic rather than completely optimized, because I wanted it to be representative of actual gameplay. I wouldn't go so far as to call it perfect, as I know there are things that could be tightened and improved, and there are a number of easy optimizations that can boost DPS by 10-20 with a single line in the APL; but it's left out because I don't expect people to actually do it in raids.

Like trying to dig a hole with a fork, a tool is only as useful as the way in which you use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    ... there are a number of easy optimizations that can boost DPS by 10-20 with a single line in the APL; but it's left out because I don't expect people to actually do it in raids.
    Are those APL's available anywhere? For those of us who want to do it?

Well if simcraft says I can do 350k single target, what should I be doing on bosses like ursoc?

Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    Well if simcraft says I can do 350k single target, what should I be doing on bosses like ursoc?
    likely anywhere from 290-340k depending on standard variance, prepots, uptime, etc...

even without prepots though you can probably cross the 300k threshold

Thanks, I cant even get close to that 220k to 250k is my best.

Deleted
    Are your trinkets "use"? if you aren't making proper use of them use of them that will effect your dps a lot. Not to mention timing your dragon roar, battlecry & avatar properly.

Also worth noting make sure you pair odyns fury and battle cry, the difference in their CD is only a few seconds and makes a huge difference to your damage. Typically what I do is wait for enrage, use battle cry, odyns fury then rampage into raging blow. Juse use Dragon Roar off of CD if you have rampage and raging blow ready.

Another thing is that I believe simulationcraft assumes you're using flasks / food buff / pre-potting? Maybe I'm wrong but I do these things anyway. Not to mention defiled runes if you really want to squeeze out extra DPS. My damage is normally within 10k/20k~ of my simulated damage depending on how many mechanics the fight has. I simulated 330k, I'm usually around 310-320k.

You mentioned ursoc, I think I do about 290k on that fight on Heroic WITH the vantis rune (1000 extra vers on ursoc) & about 330-340k on normal.

Well that's one thing I wasn't doing was using OF in BC, cause the dot may not crit. And the base damage is less than that of RB.
    I never try to wait for enrage cause its not very common. But I always try to BT before hitting BC, if I don't enrage then I start off with a BT after BC.
    But if a CD is up and i'm not enraged not going to wait 5 to 10 secs for one.

As for avatar its every 3rd avatar that lines up with BC. But sometimes i mess it up. I've had times when avatar is up and theres 20 secs to go on BC, so sometimes i have to delay stuff. I find it difficult to line things up sometimes that don't have even timers.

Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    Well that's one thing I wasn't doing was using OF in BC, cause the dot may not crit. And the base damage is less than that of RB.
    I never try to wait for enrage cause its not very common. But I always try to BT before hitting BC, if I don't enrage then I start off with a BT after BC.
    But if a CD is up and i'm not enraged not going to wait 5 to 10 secs for one.

As for avatar its every 3rd avatar that lines up with BC. But sometimes i mess it up. I've had times when avatar is up and theres 20 secs to go on BC, so sometimes i have to delay stuff. I find it difficult to line things up sometimes that don't have even timers.
    RB is also subject to damage reduction from Armor (~32%), which OF is not. One tick of OF after the initial hit equals the damage of IR-RB without counting the other ticks, most of which will fall into BC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    RB is also subject to damage reduction from Armor (~32%), which OF is not. One tick of OF after the initial hit equals the damage of IR-RB without counting the other ticks, most of which will fall into BC as well.
    So does this mean we should be doing BC/BT --> RB --> OF --> BT --> RB or OF first?