Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Grind for points was actually incredible.fun for.most people playing this game. It provided fantastic rewards for people.in a relatively low pressure low commitment environment that was broad enough to include them and their friends.

The current rep system is extremely poor. Non of the rewards are upgrades unless of course you do NOTHING but world content and even then I suspect you are more than likely to have much better gear from the chests by the time you unlock any reps. Let alone if you do any dungeons or lfr.

Making them required for try hards is fine and is probably a good sign that the system is working as required. It would show that non raid content is just as if not more rewarding than raid content. Raiders SHOULD feel forced even though they are by no means actually forced. This is also precisely why the legendatries should be on a currency as we. It provides a long term goal for players (much like AP) while removing the rng frustration that the current system offers.
    While I do appreciate the "casual fundamentalism" behind this, I have to disagree. Grinding for points was anything but low pressure environment. Wrath is the only expac I've quit, and it was due to the atmosphere that pervaded the casual/social guilds. There was a constant pressure to "get the best stuff first" (this was a guild that didn't raid and didn't run dungeons). I'd guess many casual players would completely burn out, should a system like that be implemented now. It was not fun to be casual player in Wrath "end-game".

The rep rewards are 850 - none of the other casual content provides base 850 rewards, so they're not useless. I think you overestimate the amount of people willing to run dungeons and/or LFR. And even then, getting 850+ gear needs a random WF/TF procs, which is.. random.. I've plenty of guildies who've proudly and happily linked their latest upgrade from rep rewards on /g. I can understand that people who raid or grind mythics think they're useless, but maybe they're just not the correct taget group? The rewards are just fine for us "normals".

When it comes to forcing raiders to get stuff - again, I appreciate the idealism - but we both know it doesn't work like that. Raiders are the most active and vocal user group in this game and if Blizzard had forced them to grind all reps to exalted before EN opened - well.. none of the other forum shitstorms of late would have compared. And you know Blizzard would have caved, because they always do (and because the design team is mostly old Elitist Jerks raiders).

10+ Year Old Account
    They could be better, but I love the tabards and the recipes myself though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

"Oh, so you didn't like that we gave you a different recolor boar or wolf mount for reaching exalted with the WoD factions and saved all the cool stuff for the store? Well here are no mounts at all, suckers! Bwahahaha!"
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2016-10-23 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    Except that the majority of people and their time is spent in the dungeons and instances not out in the world in cities and world bosses. The world and world bosses are not even close to being the main focus of the game, the small dungeons and raiding is.

It'd be like calling WoW a FPS because you can zoom in and have a gun. No.
    Um no, especially with Legion people spend more than enough time outside of cities and instances.

Again, WOW is an MMORPG. It's a fact that doesn't change because you fail at going outside of cities and instances yourself.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    "Oh, so you didn't like that we gave you a different recolor boar or wolf mount for reaching exalted with the WoD factions and saved all the cool stuff for the store? Well here are no mounts at all, suckers! Bwahahaha!"
    So true, Blizzard loves to go from black to white and vice versa. Although, i assume the playerbase would whine as well "Why grey? Go black or white ffs!"

Sad AND bad? sheesh...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    Multiple recolors of the same mount wasn't a good thing.
    No mounts at all is also not a good thing.
    Multiple recolors of the same mount (boar) when said mount was poorly designed in the first place isn't a good thing. Seriously, of all the mounts they could have recolored they more often than not chose the one with a ridiculous run animation because they'd used a skeleton that didn't really work with the model.

Recolors of good mounts are not so bad. Variety's good, but should still probably be limited to 3-4 and not the dozen or so that boars got.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    It was not fun to be casual player in Wrath "end-game".
    I consider myself about as casual as they come and Wrath was (still is) my favorite expansion by far. It only took about a week of heroics, which were bulldozed through, to get geared slightly under the current raid tier. I'm also an unabashed altoholic. It was the first and only time I've been able to have all of my characters equivalently geared. I don't remember there being much for rep, but at least it came easy thanks to tabards (also the only expansion where I've had multiple exalted characters). I don't understand what's not causal friendly about that? o_O
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I consider myself about as casual as they come and Wrath was (still is) my favorite expansion by far. It only took about a week of heroics, which were bulldozed through, to get geared slightly under the current raid tier. I'm also an unabashed altoholic. It was the first and only time I've been able to have all of my characters equivalently geared. I don't remember there being much for rep, but at least it came easy thanks to tabards (also the only expansion where I've had multiple exalted characters). I don't understand what's not causal friendly about that? o_O
    Highlighted it for you. Grinding forced group content sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been salty about the lack of mounts since the beginning.

I know their excuse was that they wanted to move away from recolors after the whole WoD fiasco ( even though recolors weren't even the issue - look at Netherwing & some of the MoP reps), but why do we also lack a variety of models? Legion added so many new & updated creatures, so I'm just surprised in such a rich expansion they couldn't have done a better job with mounts.

If I had it my way, Valarjar would have awarded red & blue stormdrakes, Dreamweavers would award unicorns, Court would award a spectral hippogryph, Highmountain would award the brown & black moose or even better eagles and the Wardens would award either an owl or the legion Nightsabers.

My only hope is that they continue to add a large amount in future patches like they are with 7.1 - felbats for example are still a good candidate to show up in the future - but considering Trial of valor is supposed to close up the Stormheim story I'm getting worried we'll never see unarmored storm drakes. Which is odd because I distinctly remember seeing one as a mount on the bnet launcher prior to launch. Such a tease

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Pretty much. Don't get me wrong, the fox is pretty damn cool and all the water mounts are too but I'm just so underwhelmed.
    Last edited by Lupen202; 2016-10-23 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I do appreciate the "casual fundamentalism" behind this, I have to disagree. Grinding for points was anything but low pressure environment. Wrath is the only expac I've quit, and it was due to the atmosphere that pervaded the casual/social guilds. There was a constant pressure to "get the best stuff first" (this was a guild that didn't raid and didn't run dungeons). I'd guess many casual players would completely burn out, should a system like that be implemented now. It was not fun to be casual player in Wrath "end-game".

The rep rewards are 850 - none of the other casual content provides base 850 rewards, so they're not useless. I think you overestimate the amount of people willing to run dungeons and/or LFR. And even then, getting 850+ gear needs a random WF/TF procs, which is.. random.. I've plenty of guildies who've proudly and happily linked their latest upgrade from rep rewards on /g. I can understand that people who raid or grind mythics think they're useless, but maybe they're just not the correct taget group? The rewards are just fine for us "normals".

When it comes to forcing raiders to get stuff - again, I appreciate the idealism - but we both know it doesn't work like that. Raiders are the most active and vocal user group in this game and if Blizzard had forced them to grind all reps to exalted before EN opened - well.. none of the other forum shitstorms of late would have compared. And you know Blizzard would have caved, because they always do (and because the design team is mostly old Elitist Jerks raiders).
    How could it be anything but low pressure? It was absolutely casual friendly, it was potentially nott casual raider friendly but for non raid casuals their was literally no pressure. The fact that your guild forced you (and most guilds didnt even do that its all in your head) does not make it casual unfriendly. No actual casual player would burn they simple play at their own pace and not the imaginary or real demands of their guilds or peers.

The fact is nobody is forced to do anything but rather peer.pressure compels them to do it. It is DISASTROUS to design around this as they discovered in wod.

I think you over estimate the people who.just run world content and subsequently would not get a greater reward especially given the amount of time it takes to hit.exalted and the ease of which one can run dungeons and lfr. 850 is a joke. Im not evem exalted with a single one and im at 854.

Ultimately you are correct about the devs. They suck. Theyre all former hardcore raiders and its very hard for them to understanf casual players or shit anyonr who isnt elite. Its pre isely why we dont get the legendaries on a vendor. Or tier on a vendor. THAT WOULD be casual friendly but theyve got a list of reasons why it would.suck for raiding so its not gonna happen.

- - - Updated - - -

It is not forced. You simple have no self control. The fact that you feel it was forced just meant it was actually worthwhile to pursue. Your feeling forced is a matter for your therapist and.not game design. In fact i would wager to say the fact that you are succeptible to this mentality disqualifies you as a casual. You are literally not taking the game as a casual thing. It such serious business that you feel forced to grind content you hate. Actually you said you quit. Which is an entirely casual thing to do. At the opposite end of this spectrum ia providing the casual player with no RELATIVELY significant reward for the time they invest in the game and so they leave as well. What is NOT CASUAL is people burning out. That implies a level of.commitment to the game that is not casual. Players who feeel pressured into chasing loot by peer expectations (perceived or otherwise) are also not casual.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-10-23 at 08:17 PM.

You guys are amazing. Blizzard hides gear behind rep and you go mental. Blizzard removes gear from rep, you people complain some more about how the rep is not rewarding. Blizzard changes the rep loot up as you asked. Still not good enough. Why do you even play if all you're going to do is complain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

No argument from me. I hit exalted with all Legion reps about a week ago.

Outside of the Nightfallen, they don't even give you an achievement for each one like previous expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    Nobody should feel forced to do anything, there should however be incentives that drive players to want to engage in certain activities over others, regardless of relative play style.
    The reality is.nobody is forced. The fact that they feel that way is neither here nor there. Reward engineering SHOULD NOT.BE BALANCED around imaginary social.pressures or hell even real ones. To be frank if your guild forces you to farm rep or currency too bad. Why should the rest of the game be balanced aroumd this? Awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't do something for a week for a reward, WoW isn't the game for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Um no, especially with Legion people spend more than enough time outside of cities and instances.

Again, WOW is an MMORPG. It's a fact that doesn't change because you fail at going outside of cities and instances yourself.
    Yes it is an MMORPG by it's own definition, Moderately Multiplayer Online Raiding Progression Game.

According to you WoW is a FPS because you can zoom in and shoot guns.
    WoW is a MOBA because 5v5 arenas.
    WoW is a Pokemon-Version because you collect and battle pets
    WoW is a facebook game because garrisons
    WoW is a MMORPG because a large map connects it's instances

WoW is none of those things, it's about running dungeons and raids to get better equipment and progress your character. Everything else is secondary and gets little to no attention from Blizzard in comparison.

There is no point reaching exalted at this point unless you collect tabards...

The lack of mounts is disappointing. I disliked nearly every mount that was released in WoD, but Legion offers some nice models. Apparently we aren't going to get them though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You guys are amazing. Blizzard hides gear behind rep and you go mental. Blizzard removes gear from rep, you people complain some more about how the rep is not rewarding. Blizzard changes the rep loot up as you asked. Still not good enough. Why do you even play if all you're going to do is complain?
    Hides (raid level) gear behind rep, you go mental. Blizzard removes gear from rep, people complain about it not being rewarding. (duh). Blizzard changes loot rep and adds (820 blue heroic level gear) behind (exalted) reps. Still not good enough!
    I highlighted the important differences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

You guys are still eating his bait? You do realize hes wrong whether he admits it or not right? It doesn't matter if he wants to be factually incorrect to everyone, the only thing it hurts is peoples view of his level of intelligence.

Yea I did think what few gear rewards you could get for revered/exalted were 'lol wat'. I had better gear by the time I hit the end of honored from WQ's, etc etc

Class Hall set is pretty neat, but again, even with the upgrades they quickly become junk.

Reputation rewards as something you feel pressured to get are something blizzard wanted to get rid of, making them far more optional.
    They have taken many steps backwards in my opinion.
    The nightfallen reputation requirements in content gating and pathfinder can be argued to not be an issue due to the need to only do once, but that is not the case for crafting patterns.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.