Poll: How would you rate this expansion?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    At least it's 9000x better than WoD.
    How so? 7.0 doesn't have that much more content than 6.0 and Highmaul was far superior to EN.

5/10, not enough endgame content

If I rated it purely on classes and legendaries it would be a 1/10

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    On a scale 1-10, what rating would you give to Legion?

For me it's 7/10. It's a decent expansion but I'm not having as much fun as I did back in TBC or WotLK.

What about you guys?
    7/10 is not having as much fun as TBC/WotLK? Hmmm. That's pretty impressive, although my scales are probably skewed. Nothing will ever be a 10/10 in my eyes. It would have to literally be perfect for me and that isn't going to happen because that will include bias towards me specifically like my class/spec is the best and has a bonus chance to find rare items in the expansion xD. I voted 8/10 which is basically nearly perfect. The last point would be more friendly to alts but I don't care that much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    How so? 7.0 doesn't have that much more content than 6.0 and Highmaul was far superior to EN.
    I don't really care about raids. (i'm doing only LFR and it's already pointless because WQ's offer better gear and loot drop rates are like 2% anyway) And it's not just the amount of content, it's how "fun" it is to do. In my opinion WoD was unfinished piece of shit with meaningless endgame. Also the story (even if it's not that great), just shits all over WoD's orc sausage fest.

Inb4 "if you don't raid, kill yourself"
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2016-10-23 at 09:40 PM.

The new has worn off so I am playing less. But when I log in I still have fun. I understand first 1/3rd of the first tier is going to be kinda bland and dry so I don't hold it against the game. I can say, as someone with 2 legendaries (one being the BIS), that the legendary system is total bullshit (the one thing I hate about the expansion). But the 5 mans are great. The zones are great. The world quests are a better way of doing dailies while still giving you a small grind to play into each day. I like the mythic+ thing. I guess professions could have been done a little better production wise but they make up for it with amazing quests and feel beyond "numbers going up". So I still feel like Legion can become one of the best expansions which is good. But I cannot judge it until its at least MOSTLY over.

Look forward to "its been 3 months what do you think" poll.

8/10. The RNG nature of gearing and how stat weights work for some specs. It took forever for me to get my first legendary and it was a mediocre one (fire mage belt). People who are lucky enough to get the top tier legendaries will perform at a higher level than those who don't.

Stat weights are in a bad spot, at least for fire mage. If I have an optimally itemized 840 ilvl piece of gear and a poorly itemized 880 ilvl drops, it's likely the 840 will be the better option. Primary stats should be the strongest, that way an 880 ilvl piece would be an upgrade the majority of the time. Just makes gearing all the more grindy.

The raid was a little underwelming so -1 there.
    Its to unfrendly to swap spec due to ap, legendarys and relics. -0.5
    The legendary system is kinda bad imo, i like their rarity but having gotten the 2 worst possible legendarys for my spec kinda sucks.. its a good carrot but they really should let us pick wich one we want. -0.5

overall 8/10.

Deleted
    We still have have LFR, LFG, Multiple difficulty settings, RNG items gameis again super easy to finish. I cant really blame them for gating and mythic+ timers becouse this is only way how they can make content last longer. Instead givig us actualy challenginf content they just put timers on everything. so 5,5/10

10+ Year Old Account
    6/10 so far. id put it slightly above cata & wod but below MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    8 but it really needs to be more alt friendly soon otherwise it will drop to a 5
    I gave it a 6 because it isn't alt friendly, and once you get a toon sitting well the fun factor isn't there.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

I rated this expansion a 2/10 and here's why:

-The leveling zones became stale really quick and I try to not spend any more time in them than I have to.
    -The World Quests are lazy dailies that lose their fun factor really fast and they just feel like a chore.
    -Legendaries in Legion are the worst they've ever been and the rng aspect of them are killing the interest.
    -The RNG in gearing is unbelieveably unfun and boring.
    -Reputations aren't interesting at all and the way we earn it is just dull.
    -Incredibly alt-unfriendly.
    -Mythic dungeons are blocked for alot of people who dont have alot of friends or the people who cant get a pug because of elitist jerks.
    -5-man content isnt appealing at all.
    -The return of gearscore(I mean ilvl) douchebagery.
    -Class order hall became irrelevant after the 3rd relic got unlocked. Only returned for the AP research and the occasional gold/resource missions.
    -Artifact power is so uninteresting and I cba to farm it all every bloody day.
    -Stopped caring about my artifact weapon pretty quickly. Didnt get a feeling of accomplishment or empowerment when I unlocked a new trait.
    -The pacing of Ap research is excruciating and just like artifact weapon it doesnt feel rewarding or fun at all to get a new rank.

In conclusion: I had high hopes for Legion and I really thought it would fix the problems WoD and MoP had, but they are still here just hidden as different activities and features. I have seen countless of people come with the same complaints I have and people just tell them to leave the game and alt-f4. This brings me to my final gripe with Legion: The community. It has never been more toxic as it is now and with the problems Legion has, the community isnt making it any better. Sure there is alot to do, but the thing is that the activites and features arent worth doing in my opinion.

Thank you for your time and goodbye.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been able to Raid for years.
    owing to the Genetic Illness since 12 years old its meant I'm slowly losing all movement in my arm/legs
    the reason I mentioned that. unless I raid a lot of the progress in professions just isn't possible.
    its actually getting miserable now in all honesty. Real life is bad enough without being held back in Game by a real life issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    I gave it a 6 because it isn't alt friendly, and once you get a toon sitting well the fun factor isn't there.
    I'm hoping Blizzard rapidly make some alt friendly changes ASAP so if nothing occurs before or in 7.2 I can see my rating cut in half

Start at 10/10

-1 for Herbalism being required and flasks/pots being overpriced
    -1.5 for Class Balance being horrible
    -1.5 for the Artifact Power grind
    -0.5 for Alts not being viable because of said Artifact Power grind.
    -1 for the Legendary mess making it so you can never try for an offspec trinket or other offspec gear

4.5/10

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    I haven't been able to Raid for years.
    owing to the Genetic Illness since 12 years old its meant I'm slowly losing all movement in my arm/legs
    the reason I mentioned that. unless I raid a lot of the progress in professions just isn't possible.
    its actually getting miserable now in all honesty. Real life is bad enough without being held back in Game by a real life issue.
    I totally sympathize

(i have Duchene Muscular Dystrophy)

Deleted
    8/10.Best expansion since wotlk.

10+ Year Old Account
    10/10. Best expansion

Legion > MoP = WotLK > Cata > WoD > Classic >> TBC

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

First two weeks, felt like a solid 8/10 with a chance to be better since I only tasted the first clear of normal and a little bit of mythic+ etc.

But with a month on top of that, definitely dropped to 5 and the shiny but very thin layer of paint is wearing away really fast. Some of the stubbornness or inertia of clinging to 12-year old crap ("because reasons") or the compete RNG infestation of everything now, ugh. I mean its always been there, but it seemed like they were slowly (very) pruning it out. Now its diablo loot-spam RNG grindshit but on everquest timers, worst combination ever.

WoD was crap in the long haul but was better for leveling and alts which speaks volumes.
    Last edited by Aluminum; 2016-10-23 at 10:07 PM.

Deleted
    Tbc is the only expancion worth of a 9 or 10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    8/10. I rate 10/10 only for WoTLK and TBC, though.

If not for absolutely idiotic class "balance", ability pruning and all this legendary affair happening about RNG legendaries, it could be 9/10. Other than that, the game is awesome.
    Tanks and healers are relatively well balanced, dps classes could do a lot better though. I don't see a problem with the legendaries though. People have the mind set that they're a must that should be grinded for, when they're just a bonus. This is coming from someone who still hasn't seen one.

I'd still go for 8/10 as well. EN is a let down as far as aesthetics go, even though the boss fights are okay. Alts should have a better catch-up mechanic as far as artifact power goes, and dps should be a lot more balanced. Other than that, it's not that bad. World quests, dungeons, and the raid give enough for a relatively casual player (4/7 HC currently) to do, and the Suramar quest line is a nice touch.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."