Page 1 of 28
... LastLast
    Deleted

Guild loyalty, why bother?

Guild officer who wasnt there comes here and paints me a racist and claims no1 laughed and was annoyed. Thats why i had my own banktab in gbank, a nickname, i was asked to raidlead and why everyone laughed all the time (is there any other reason to swapblast then entertaining others really?!) while they kept me around for 3 years.

No-one believes my story because "theres 2 sides to it" but when an absent officer comes to tell some one sided story that goes against any rationality of keeping someone around for 3 years it must be the truth. Because fuck that "2 sides" logic we just talked about. Fuck this cancerous community of sociopaths taking joy out of kicking a man while hes down.

This thread was made with the question of what guild loyalty means. Wether or not you feel they are your friends or not. Not wether or not my kick was deserved. Yet it devolves in one big poop-throwing contest. MMO-champ never dissapoints.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-11-01 at 08:53 PM.

People take themselves too seriously. You learned a lesson today.

Deleted
    1 event does not make it fact. And I'm pretty sure, if you made good friends there, they will defend you over over-zelous officers.

Something, something, two sides to a story there always be.

wtf is a swapblaster? :<

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    wtf is a swapblaster? :<
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=111820/swapblaster this thingy

Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post
    So i threw a fit
    That's the problem right there.

Are we hearing the whole story here? Was someone's significant other involved?

Because I can't imagine the GM of a guild would be happy that the that the substitute raid leader kicked 3 year positive contributor. Its just not logical. How big was the fit you threw?

If that is truly the whole story, you're better off, but I doubt it is.

Quote Originally Posted by tehpwner View Post

so he got kicked for using a funitem that cant be used in fight?

sounds like a shit guild anyway if they kick your for that after 3 years

7+ Year Old Account
    Some people think repetitive annoyances like Swapblasting is funny. Some don't. I personally don't think its funny. I very much doubt the "whole raid" laughed.

Once or twice is alright, but from how much you appear to like the Swapblaster I feel like it may have been often.

I guess getting a /gkick was a little unnecessary, although we don't have much info in regards to your "fit" that you threw. Depends on how crazy you got.

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    so he got kicked for using a funitem that cant be used in fight?

sounds like a shit guild anyway if they kick your for that after 3 years
    I don't think he got kicked for using the swapblaster. I think he got kicked for throwing a fit over it.

You deserved it.

Yup, the problem wasn't what you did originally it is in how you handled it like a 3 year old. Threw a fit, said you'd never raid with them again and they kicked you. Why have somebody in guild who says they don't want to raid with you?

Maybe your friends would've said 'stfu, go cool down and we'll be here when you get your head straight' but these guys took you at your word.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably just caught someone on a bad night tbh, but you said you "threw a fit" so..? Don't get too attached to guilds no matter how long you've been with em, online friends are plentiful so don't take shit personally and you'll never "get hurt" imo

I highly doubt that they merely kicked you over the swapblaster incident. I feel like there are a string prior events that led up to them kicking you, especially if you were a loyal member of 3 years. Maybe you oftentimes throw a fit and they got sick of it. Dunno, just speculating, since I don't know the whole story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post
    And one of my things is the swapblaster. Makes the whole raid laugh.
    I don't think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    If all you say is true about your prior loyalty to the guild, it's likely that the Swapblaster was not the specific reason you got kicked. Either it was the fit you threw - but even then, unlikely to have a permanent decision like that if you're loyal and good friends with the people in the guild - or they were already unsure of your position in the guild.

Perhaps you'll get re-invited, but perhaps not. I do know that if an issue arose in my guild over something like this, for example, and even if a person was benched, and did make a fuss about it, an offline gkick would not be the way to go unless the officer team already, for some reason, were considering kicking that person.

Maybe the officer team of that guild don't really like that logical sort of thinking, where they talk things through instead of making such rash decisions - but if that's the case, maybe it's not such a good guild after all. Or maybe they were already considering kicking you and this was the last straw. Either way, the decision must've been unanimous if you haven't yet been invited back.

So, it's either that:

A) We're not hearing the full story, and you've done something in the past to warrant being kicked - or the fit you threw was to such extremes that the kick was justified.

or

B) The officer team really would kick you over something so silly and insignificant, in which case, you should be thankful at the end of this that you got out of a guild that has, quite frankly, incompetent leadership.

There's no sense to kicking a raider, especially such a loyal one, without good reason - if they don't have good reason, well, that just means they don't have sense.

Deleted
    Threw a fit as in: typed in g chat that benching me over swapblaster use was bs. If that's the way they treat veteran members I won't raid with them again. That's all I said. The swapblaster was used once or twice per raid. Usually near elreth.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-10-23 at 10:17 PM.

You didn't get kicked for using the swapblaster. You got kicked for "throwing a fit", as you said. I'm guessing it's a mature/adult guild, and they don't want members who throw temper tantrums like toddlers.

if 'hey man stop swapblastering people' was enough to inspire you to throw a fit, I'm guessing there are other contributing factors to you being kicked