Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Journey to the south sea's, make it happen, seriously, an expansion around the exploratoin of the smaller continents with a ship would be a fun break from all the world saving.

Deleted
    I would be more than OK with it. I think MoP was a lot like this until the last patch. Lei Shen wasn't an immediate threat to the world unlike Deathwing, Lich King and Legion, but if he was left alone he'd definitely subjugate the Pandaren on MoP and weaken the Pandaria campaign for both the Alliance and Horde. Stuff on that scale is more appropiate in my honest opinion.

I think a lot of posters would disagree though. The amount of time I've seen "we're heroes. We've slain C'thun, Deathwing, Lich King, Kil'jaeden etc.etc" regurgitated by people whose highest accomplishment is killing Archimonde on LFR is too damn high. If people are stuck in the mindset as if they ever did any of that shit, then we'll never get to scale back.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Nothing. I was just saying that "Yes, an expansion like that, but not Asian themed would be nice."
    Apparently reading is hard for some people. I totally get what you meant. You want an expansion with that exact foundation that flows in a very similar fashion, but a new theme. You didn't knock Pandaria for an Asian theme, you just don't want an exact rehash of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    Apparently reading is hard for some people. I totally get what you meant. You want an expansion with that exact foundation that flows in a very similar fashion, but a new theme. You didn't knock Pandaria for an Asian theme, you just don't want an exact rehash of it.
    5 pages later. Finally. lol

I'd like an expansion where there is no big bad guy at all, and instead the focus was purely on adventure/exploring a new world/land. I don't know how that'd work exactly, but it'd be different.

I'd like it to have four capital cities depending on a faction you ally with.
    I'd like to exploring and unearthing hidden items to be very important some how.
    Raids could incooperate that same idea, somehow.
    A return of scenarios, and improve on them.
    While we're at it, let's have cross-faction scenarios, where players of both factions actively work together and against one another in parts. Make a few of them. Similar in concept of the broken isles intro, but way more involved rather than just seeing the other faction active. Should be huge end of or start of zone each zone events.
    I want diplomacy to be a thing, somehow, some way. I want to go on a diplomatic mission to Stormwind, and I want to be able to do things there with both NPC's and players as a horde character. Political intrigue! Espionage! Fun!
    I want a large usable boat and or Zeppelin in which up to 9 of my friends could ride with me. Put it on a big cooldown so it doesn't get overused.
    Basically, give us reasons, good reasons, to visit everything we possibly can. Make us want to learn more about stuff, reward us for doing it, and make it fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BarosanuNr1 View Post
    The portal reopened and there was a demon invasion beforehand, we reacted and pushed them back through the portal. That's why there is a stalemate front on the Hellfire side of the portal.
    Then that simply furthers my original point, yeah?

Some outside villains would have to exist, otherwise it is either PvP focused or turned into Animal Crossing. Villains and threats are needed IMO, but I would prefer the threats being more "local" instead of fighting some single person or group. If we keep taking down big named powerhouses like Illidan, Arthas, DW, etc. we quickly run out of threats.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    With what we do being just an adventurer would make you only do non instanced content and such. I mean no regular adventurer is gonna be like "LETS GO LOOK AT THE TOMB OF SARGERAS!"

<.<
    Lol. yeah you have a point

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    The only problem is who do we fight? Who is left to fight other then the legion or the void lords?
    Perhaps someone could rise an army somewhere to fight us. I don't think there are many possible candidates right now, though. The remaining zandalari could join up with someone to destroy Ally and Horde or something like that. Before the War of the Ancients, there was a whole chunk of land between current EK and current Northrend which could be still a thing.
    There can also be something on the other side of the world. We could get there and find a cruel civilization full of slavers (like the mogu), and have to put them down because ethics. Or they could have an artifact we need to fight the Legion or the Void Lords, but not be willing to share it (pretty much like the drogbar).
    Maybe we'll decide to kill the new Lich King because he might become an actual threat in the future.
    Maybe a third faction will form, help us for a short while, and then betray us at some point.
    Or we just can stay with the old Alliance vs Horde.

In MoP, we could have not focused on the Sha and the Orc totalitarian experiment and instead on some kind of once in a longtime martial art tournament. It could have been organized by the Celestials for whatever non-apocalyptic purpose (e.g. fun?) and the two factions would consider it a matter of pride to get involved in all the trials. The Isle of Thunder stuff could have remained to keep Pandaria interesting (besides, it's not big enough to be considered as "world saving" anyway).
    That sounds really lame... SoO was much more interesting.

So many opportunities were lost with those two expansions - Cata had the old world revamp (wasted), while MoP had a new continent but without an initial major threat drawing us there. And since we can't have a 2nd revamp of Kalimdor and the EK, we would need some kind of new Pandaria-like continent without the Sha and Garrosh. The problem is that we're starting to run out of IRL major cultures to draw inspiration from.
    Actually, there is a bunch of really interesting cultures left, like the Aztecs and other mesoamerican cultures (trolls get a bit of it, but there's still a lot left).
    They can also draw inspiration from the same culture multiple times: mongols inspired warsong orcs, centaurs and yaungols, egiptians inspired too many groups for me to list them.
    Finally, they can create something that's mostly new, like the Arakkoa.

You literally just described MoP. Glad to know your fictional xenophobia of Pandaren is so strong you didn't realize the expansion was everything you just described as what you'd consider "the perfect expansion."

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    You literally just described MoP. Glad to know your fictional xenophobia of Pandaren is so strong you didn't realize the expansion was everything you just described as what you'd consider "the perfect expansion."
    Your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired. Mainly because this talking point was debunked like, by the second page I think.

As sad as it is, I went back an put a edit on the first page because you are like the third person to have a knee jerk reaction to something that does not exist.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-10-24 at 12:04 AM.