Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This. Usually these stories always have 2 sides.
    i feel the "everyone laughs" is more of "a few people laugh, and its mostly " i dont want this to be akward" laughs"
    i also feel the "i threw a fit" is "i got fucking pissed and cursed, and called the raid leads wife a whore"
    cause thats one of the only things that will get you kicked well offline
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

So, the raid LEADER did not like what you did so he sat you out, and you pitched a fit and got booted for it. Even without the other side of the story I think I see the issue.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Welp, here are my thought, i think...

Fuck you, you deserved to be kicked, nothing annoyed the shit out of me more than that asshole who thought it was being funny using that shit while we raided in BRF before flamebender
    This,... a 100 times this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    In other news, why does that fucking thing (swapblaster) even exist in the first place?

Ugh.
    for fun, its like life grip for preists, if you really hate it, use neural silencers, it is good in some sitations, for example if im able to swap somone to where i am, then use my demonic circle to tp back there, it can help me pull somone to where i am, basicly as a priest but abit of prep, so good for skipping stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

You didn't get kicked because of using an item, you more likely got kicked for throwing a fit/creating drama/acting out.
    I get it, your ego took a hit etc. But if they said that you shouldn't do it, don't do it :P.

Deleted
    Depends on how bad you actually made it. Like many already said, theres 2 sides to the story, that swapblaster was probably annoying people for longer periods of time, but maybe didn't call you out on it, because you were such a longtime member. The tantrum you threw was most likely just the last straw for the RL.

Basicly, don't piss off the guys and girls managing the guild. Those tasks are stressing and usually shitty as is without dealing with all the random BS. Substitute RL or not, it's his raid run, not yours, his rules, not from the guy who gave you a free pass sometime in last year octemberuari. The years you've been in the guild doesn't make you entitled to use useless 'funny' items as 'your thing', nor throwing a tantrum to a RL if you get benched for it. And with so many years behind you in said guild, you could've guessed which RL's/Officers can handle a joke, and those who can't right?

If you really got a free pass to use it, which i doubt since it's annoying as hell but hey, i would just talk to the GM, after 3 years of service he can atleast hear you out on your side of the story and get things sorted out.

The same questions seem to mildly trouble people's minds. Probably because your story is heavily euphemized.

One thing I don't quite understand: you seem to cling to the fact that you asked your main raid leader to use the toy. However, this doesn't obligate the rest of the raid to like it right?

Like many others I think your fit is the crux of your removal. Very strange they kick 3 years of loyal duty members while they're off line though..

Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post
    So i threw a fit, wasnt gonna raid ever if they decided to bench me for something that stupid despite all the above
    Sounds like you got what you deserved.

You might have had a point about the swapblaster initially; it seems like an overreaction. But instead of taking it up with people in a reasonable manner, you threw a fit and threatened not to raid anymore. That's your own wording.

Not only are you doing something that is annoying people--the RL if nobody else--then you had a fit, called him out, threatened to make yourself absolutely worthless to the guild and expected that that would result in him magically changing his mind about what a tremendous asset you are and how wonderful you are for the guild.

Why would the guild want you around at that point?
    Last edited by Xar226; 2016-10-23 at 11:28 PM.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

About "everyone finds it funny": back in WoD I raided as a rogue and loved my glyph of disguise. Half the raid didn't care, the other half thought it was kinda funny. But... the main tank hated it and told me to fucking stop it. I asked why, he said because it makes him think another mob added the fight, I saw his point and stopped using the glyph. Just because you think "everyone" finds it funny doesn't mean it actually is.

But I guess what really got you kicked was the ultimatum. And I bet it wasn't the first time that you said something like "won't ever raid again", ultimatums are fucking irritating gotta be prepared to be called at your word after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i feel the "everyone laughs" is more of "a few people laugh, and its mostly " i dont want this to be akward" laughs"
    i also feel the "i threw a fit" is "i got fucking pissed and cursed, and called the raid leads wife a whore"
    cause thats one of the only things that will get you kicked well offline
    I agree with the maybe he got some pity laughs.

But you call an officers wife a whore or another major insult and they wont wait to kick you.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've been around. OP I don't know about your situation, it could be that you pissed people off one too many times, or "substitute raid leader" was there to tighten the fail boat up some.

One thing I can tell you is that ones with "A Council" and all that self important shit, tend to be the most self absorbed.

The best guilds, both progression wise and fun wise, were ones with a single GM or a Co-GM setup. those being the Raidleaders shot callers.

I've seen the most convoluted bullshit in ones that were top heavy. with "officers" and "councils" Take that under advisement when you go hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post

It is infact a game, some people might lead you to believe otherwise, but I assure you, it is a fantasy game with dragons and stuff where you're meant to have fun.
    That would work fine in a single player game...but falls a bit short when you are playing with other people. What happens when your "fun" interferes with the the rest of the raid's "fun"?

One thing you have to consider is if your guild is the kind of shitbags to kick you over a little thing, why had they not kicked you before 3 years?

Kind of a long con if their only motivation was to screw you over

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post
    I said if this is the way you deal with veteran raid members despite them having a OK from the raid leader to use a swapblaster every now and then, I won't be raiding anymore. There's a slight difference.
    Yeah, you chose to throw a fit instead of acting like a reasonable human being. I don't see any problem with kicking you, you've quite clearly demonstrated your immaturity and continue to do so by whining about it in this thread. It doesn't matter if the usual RL is okay with it, if you're ruining the fun for other members of the raid then you're causing a problem for the raid.

It isn't hard to understand that people don't want to interact with someone who fails to show some basic respect for other people. My guild has practically no set of rules for conduct outside of this one: Don't start shit with the guild, if you have a problem with an individual you either work it out with them or bring the issue to an officer.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    One bad game by one player can cause an entire guild to implode.
    Precisely why the OP was kicked for throwing a tantrum.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Why do you sound like "raid leader/officer > member" makes any difference? He responded the same way the raid leaders acted. No one should remain idle while the only reason someone gets you benched is swap blaster, which is only used out of combat, where things do not matter at all.
    If you're benched because of the swap blaster that quite literally means you were benched because you were ruining the fun for other members of the raid. If you throw a fit because you were benched due to poor behavior, all you're doing is reaffirming that their decision to bench you was the correct one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    That would work fine in a single player game...but falls a bit short when you are playing with other people. What happens when your "fun" interferes with the the rest of the raid's "fun"?
    Obviously you act like a child and make a one sided sympathy post on the internet

"So i threw a fit, "

Alrighty then.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    This doesn't sound like the Swapblaster was the issue... If you were, in fact, loyal, then you would have been vouched for by at least someone in your guild. Because they were so quick to bench you, I am led to believe that there is another issue at steak that you not informing us about.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Disclaimer for anyone reading this thread that doesnt play World of Warcraft.

It is infact a game, some people might lead you to believe otherwise, but I assure you, it is a fantasy game with dragons and stuff where you're meant to have fun.
    If your idea of fun is not in line with the idea of fun of 19 other people, you get kicked, simple as that.

Deleted
    I felt that when I returned to WoW. I was still in my old guild and hadn't been kicked despite having left for several months. People remembered me. I was always present during raid days, I never left mid raid to take care of a puking kid or something, was always flasked and with food/potions, never drama and always in top four damage.

I ask 'do you mind if I join a RP guild (because without a RP guild there is little chance of getting into organized stuff and there is only fluff tavern RP) and continue raiding with you guys?'. But apparently the name hovering on top of my character's head completely changed who I was. If the name is different I am no longer dependable, decently skilled, non drama and prepared.

So I said my thanks and moved out. Found a RP guild for my social off time hobby and found a different guild who does not mind having me around for raid days despite not being an official member.

10+ Year Old Account
    So where's op? Made a rage post just to disappear and not comment on the replies?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.