Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Second-worst, actually. Both warrior DPS specs are lower.

Lots of buffs in 2 days, hope for the best.
    The only fight arms is worse than unholy is Dragons, for the rest of them they out perform us.

Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    I never claimed that my position is universal. I said "for a vast majority of guilds", having an unholy DK is not a hindrance to guild success. This is completely true. There is so much argument here about the consequences of unholy dks not being buffed, but who of us has actually been sat for a raid because of our damage? I'm betting none so far. But prove me wrong. Tell me cases where it has happened and then show me logs. Chances are if a 3-day guild is routinely having to sit people, it is either because they vastly overrecruited or there are severe attendance issues, neither of which are the case in my guild.
    Once again you're talking about your own guild and making universal claims ("vast majority of guilds", "I'm betting none so far", etc.). Personally I know of one DK who has had 99% rankings in HC first week (including Ursoc) and was sat for Ursoc Mythic second week because he couldn't keep up in DPS with rather average players playing stronger classes.

It doesn't help that Unholy's statistics are somewhat skewed by the bracers being extremely strong - you know, the ones you're wearing.

Outlaw is terrible and deserves a buff. Don't be petty, other specs need help too.
    Yes it's just as bad as unholy. Two spots below it but the overall dps difference is a mere 2k in mythic EN. All I'm saying is that unholy need just as much help as outlaw does but the sad thing is that they will definitely fix outlaw but they don't fix us. Blizzards balance team needs to be fired. They are so lazy.

Arms is a top tier dps spec, but it does need the legendaries. Prot is still good, but not the best.

DK is still bad even with the legendary.

Arms is actually in the bottom third in mythic. You're right that it's strong in heroic though.

It's a band aid fix but I'll take it over nothing at this point. Death coil right now feels like just a wasted GCD.

Deleted
    IMO the only reason that top guilds keep DK on their mythic runs is combat ress (mostly) and to not waste plate armor drop.

This is a lame ass buff compared to frosts 15% buffs to st... I highly doubt we were ahead of frost by 15%. Will these changes put frost in the drivers seat as best dk dps spec? They already beat us in aoe on high m+ dungs

Deleted
    Its good as the good player you are with artifact knowledge, so you can respec Frost and catch up quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Its good as the good player you are with artifact knowledge, so you can respec Frost and catch up quickly.
    Yeah, I have ak10 and have already started saving ap for the time when I need to dump ap into the frost artifact. I hope it doesn't come to that since I love unholy and don't really like playing frost, but I do think the 15% buffs to frost st will push them significantly in the lead. Guess unholy is gonna be shelved until NH comes out.

The DC buff is pretty small; sims as 4% total. There was some feedback in these forums that DC felt really bad to use, and buffing it would fix that without really impacting Unholy overall performance. It feels to me like the devs read that, said "that seems fair" and did it.

Deleted
    The DC buff is pretty small; sims as 4% total. There was some feedback in these forums that DC felt really bad to use, and buffing it would fix that without really impacting Unholy overall performance. It feels to me like the devs read that, said "that seems fair" and did it.
    To be honest, there was a lot more complaints besides "Death coil buff". The main one was the scaling issue, which is yet to be addressed.

I just want to know if this death coil buff, which means nothing to us btw, will be the only thing new...

7.1 is tomorrow correct? Should not have notes by now?

Let's hope that tomorrow's release will just be the first wave of changes. It makes sense to move Frost significantly (even though this does not address the scaling issues) and see what happens. If UH falls considerably behind Frost, I think they'll bump UH to prevent those who are 28pts into UH from becoming enraged. I've been playing my DK since release and don't intend on changing. The ups and downs have been there through xpac after xpac for all classes, stick it out

Quote Originally Posted by DagrDK View Post
    Let's hope that tomorrow's release will just be the first wave of changes. It makes sense to move Frost significantly (even though this does not address the scaling issues) and see what happens. If UH falls considerably behind Frost, I think they'll bump UH to prevent those who are 28pts into UH from becoming enraged. I've been playing my DK since release and don't intend on changing. The ups and downs have been there through xpac after xpac for all classes, stick it out
    Wait... are you talking about DK players? Can we enrage? Nahhhhhh must be talking about Pallys, Locks, DHs, SPs and any other class players that went and complained in blizz forums, not us

The only thing we do good is saying the DK next door is wrong.

But lets see right... I am just waiting for the notes, really want to see the news

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by olivete View Post
    Wait... are you talking about DK players? Can we enrage? Nahhhhhh must be talking about Pallys, Locks, DHs, SPs and any other class players that went and complained in blizz forums, not us

But lets see right... I am just waiting for the notes, really want to see the news
    You're pretty spot on. For every person here complaining and asking for changes/improvements, there's another one saying DKs are perfectly fine and everyone is exaggerating (all based on their own experiences, of course, since all available data shows that DKs are underperforming on a large scale). If it was any other class in DKs shoes, you'd see massive enrage and swift hotfixes following. Even DKs don't care that their entire class is shit, why would Blizzard?

Look at Shamans. Enhancement is a top3 spec, amazing damage, good mobility, good utility, yet, Elemental shamans still raise shit everywhere to get buffs. DKs, not a word lel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    Yeah, I have ak10 and have already started saving ap for the time when I need to dump ap into the frost artifact. I hope it doesn't come to that since I love unholy and don't really like playing frost, but I do think the 15% buffs to frost st will push them significantly in the lead. Guess unholy is gonna be shelved until NH comes out.
    Tbf, I've already got all my significant dps traits for unholy. I'm going to start dumping shit into frost now, over blood.

Quote Originally Posted by olivete View Post

It seems that they're philosophy this time around is smaller, more frequent changes. That's what it appears to be and I'm okay with it. No one likes huge buffs one week only to be slapped back down the next. We've all had that happen to us before and it never feels good. Smaller changes that nudge us in the right direction, but do not warrant a step backwards is a good scenario. Perhaps I have more patience than others. I've been a heroic/hardmode/mythic raider for my entire WoW existence, through all the ups and downs. We're all here to slay pixels, if I have to play Frost or Unholy or whatever other shit they come up with, that's what I'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by Skazord View Post
    The main one was the scaling issue, which is yet to be addressed.
    The changes make death coil scale better with attack power. Strength comes on gear and isn't diminished at higher itemlvls like secondary stats. So they do address it, but it remains to be seen if such a small change is enough to make Unholy scale similarly to other specs that surpassed it. Seems unlikely.

Deleted
    The changes make death coil scale better with attack power. Strength comes on gear and isn't diminished at higher itemlvls like secondary stats. So they do address it, but it remains to be seen if such a small change is enough to make Unholy scale similarly to other specs that surpassed it. Seems unlikely.
    You can claim they addressed it, but not in a way that fixes it permanently. The Death Coil buff isn't enough to keep Unholy scaling at the same pace as other classes. Mastery still largely useless. Crit still bad, except when used with Castigator (which is the "mandatory" talent anyway). Versatility always poor. Haste undertuned when compared to previous iterations of haste scaling and when compared to other classes.

The problem wasn't only abilities dealing little damage, it's that secondary stats are still bad on us. Sure, this buff sort of indirectly buffs our scaling, but it doesn't fix the core of the problem, and we'll soon be falling off when higher ilvl gear starts showing up once more... Are they just gonna buff DC again when that happens?

Clock is ticking, still no notes, 7.1 comes tomorrow. My Warrior hits 110 today, and my only regret is having wasted time leveling DH because I was lazy to do 1-100. At least Karazhan will speed up gearing on the Warrior a little bit.