Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    Countermeasure is really solid, and I just finally replaced mine with an 895 Ursoc trinket.

- - - Updated - - -

Frost is one of the harder specs to play "properly" the difference between 200k and 360k is just focusing on what needs to be done, its really easy to let Talons fall off, its easy to miss an extra target by facing a few degrees in the incorrect direction, same with GA missing something.

Now Im not saying the spec is "hard" to play, its just people have this mind set anyone and anything can play frost at a high level, and thats why people think the spec is horrible.
    any chance you got to run mythics with logs last night?
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Creatinebrah View Post
    any chance you got to run mythics with logs last night?
    I work pretty early in the morning so I normally do 1-2 after raid, but the other part of the group decided take their sweet time last night, so I rage logged after an hour of sitting at the start of Maw waiting for people to Unafk.

The plan is to go today, in about 3 hours. (Thats the "plan" so its possible the clowns dont even log on)

We plan on pushing the realm 1st 15 this week, so I'll most certainly have logs before next week. You can add me on Bnet if you like, or twitch if you would like to see me stream them (Phenizzle on twitch. Nemesis#1426 on Bnet)

I work pretty early in the morning so I normally do 1-2 after raid, but the other part of the group decided take their sweet time last night, so I rage logged after an hour of sitting at the start of Maw waiting for people to Unafk.

The plan is to go today, in about 3 hours. (Thats the "plan" so its possible the clowns dont even log on)

We plan on pushing the realm 1st 15 this week, so I'll most certainly have logs before next week. You can add me on Bnet if you like, or twitch if you would like to see me stream them (Phenizzle on twitch. Nemesis#1426 on Bnet)
    @bold, sounds like my group =P

sick dude, i'll follow you when i get home
    Last edited by Creatinebrah; 2016-10-21 at 08:10 PM.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Probably going to be pushing the DHT 13 We got last night after the Maw 10, and Maw 12.

I'll most likely be streaming again.

Probably going to be pushing the DHT 13 We got last night after the Maw 10, and Maw 12.

I'll most likely be streaming again.
    did you manage to get a log going?

also, how do you follow the artifact tree if you're focusing on m+

edit: im watching your maw run. how come you didn't take icy talons?
    Last edited by Creatinebrah; 2016-10-22 at 08:49 PM.

did you manage to get a log going?

also, how do you follow the artifact tree if you're focusing on m+

edit: im watching your maw run. how come you didn't take icy talons?
    I was using it at first, but our group needed a little more AoE damage on the 2nd trash pull (the pack of 7) So i decided to try out ME for a few pulls. It seemed pretty solid, and I actually got the highest trash dps ive seen on a few pulls using it. Basically it was only for the situation at hand, as its less AoE damage to keep Talons up instead of using another Scythe.

As far as the logs go: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Its the World 1st logged dps for MoS 12(All Classes/Specs). Mage finished 5th, (#1 for Mage) and Hunter finished 19th (6th for Hunters)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...492&metric=dps

Again, Im not saying Frost DK is the top dps in the world for Mythic+, But these results dont lie, We're pretty good.

I was using it at first, but our group needed a little more AoE damage on the 2nd trash pull (the pack of 7) So i decided to try out ME for a few pulls. It seemed pretty solid, and I actually got the highest trash dps ive seen on a few pulls using it. Basically it was only for the situation at hand, as its less AoE damage to keep Talons up instead of using another Scythe.

Its the World 1st logged dps for MoS 12(All Classes/Specs). Mage finished 5th, (#1 for Mage) and Hunter finished 19th (6th for Hunters)

Again, Im not saying Frost DK is the top dps in the world for Mythic+, But these results dont lie, We're pretty good.
    thanks for posting this!

i noticed that your item level is ahead of the others (like the monk, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mmary&source=2). but you also have a non-dps legendary while he had a decent one.

if you had the pillar of frost legendary, how much would your dps have gone up?

Can confirm, a well geared and played Frost DK lays waste in Mythic+. Probably tied with WW for most valuable melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

thanks for posting this!

i noticed that your item level is ahead of the others (like the monk, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mmary&source=2). but you also have a non-dps legendary while he had a decent one.

if you had the pillar of frost legendary, how much would your dps have gone up?
    Bracers are huge tbh, prob a minimum of 8% increase.

Bracers are huge tbh, prob a minimum of 8% increase.
    cool. thanks for all the information!

one more question, which golden do you go for first? is icyveins a good guide for m+?

cool. thanks for all the information!

one more question, which golden do you go for first? is icyveins a good guide for m+?
    Icyveins is ok, I dont agree with the stats listed there, as they say to stop around 20% Crit which is just plain awful.

I 100% agree with the artifact pathing though. got Sindra's Fury, then to Ambidex and Hypo. Hypo isnt huge alone, but the fact Ambidexterity is right before it makes it largely worth while.

You can argue that getting Chill to the grave before you start on Icy in your Veins is better, as it could in a few occasions = a dps increase. ( I did actually take it)

Jesus, I can't play with ME otherwise I end up with too much runes / runic power. I just can't spend them fast enough. It's only when there are longer fights (read bosses) that I can spend them all... But hey, I don't play Frost enough so there's probably that. Only tried it in Mythic HoV aswell. Need to do more tests but I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna like that talent xD

did some 9''s today and got 2 chests then run a 11 VoW with my group (dh, fdk (me), spriest, bear tank and monk heals) and we did pretty good, missed the time because of 2 silly wipes on mirror and last boss.

My gear isnt too strong as Nemequish but i can do a very good dps overall on m+

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eumaxuu/simple

@Nemesquish, so i followed your stream, do you mind using trufigcd?

so icy veins says you use killing machine procs on frostscyrthe over obliterate. is this true?

Deleted
    so icy veins says you use killing machine procs on frostscyrthe over obliterate. is this true?
    If you run the machine gun build, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    @Nemesquish, so i followed your stream, do you mind using trufigcd?
    ill try installing it for the next few runs, not sure if it will bug me or not, could be helpful in 5mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    If you run the machine gun build, yes.

Hey, I've been trying to find a complete rotation guide that does not make me confused but I was wondering if you mind posting your single target rotation?

I'm struggling to figure out if I should use frostscythe over obliterate for non km procs

right now my rotation for ST is

keep glacial advance on cool down
    try to keep icy talons up at all times - this one is difficult, I feel myself not having enough RP to recast it sometimes and the buff drops
    KM procs - frostscythe
    non-KM procs - obliterate
    Howling blast up at all times - if rime procs I use it again
    pillar of frost on CD

Is this correct, or am i doing something wrong?

My gear is obviously not the best, I was following the icy veins guide trying to up my haste a little bit so my current stats are

23% crit
    13% haste
    44% Mastery

and my talents:

icy talons
    frozen pulse
    icecap ( been switching between that and avalance )
    winter is coming
    permafrost
    frostscythe
    glacial advance

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The latest simcraft now has all the 7.1 changes, includes the Frozen Pulse mainhand-only fix, and all changes appear to work properly. Since Frostscythe is not used in the single-target priority, Runic Attenuation is now worth a metric crap-ton of DPS on single-targets. My favorite talents, 2210013, aren't looking so hot on single-target.

Single-target
    Frost T19H 7.1 2330021 talents (default): 349.1k
    Frost T19H 7.1 2210013 talents: 297.3k (-17.4%)
    Frost T19H 7.1 2210023 talents (RA replaces FSc): 316.1k (-10.4%)

HoW = 4.3% over Frozen Pulse
    Avalanche = 0.9% over Icecap
    Runic Attenuation = 6.3% over Frostscythe
    Obliteration = 1.9% over Glacial Advance

2 Targets
    Frost T19H 7.1 2330021 talents (default): 420.8k
    Frost T19H 7.1 2210013 talents: 414.8k (-1.4%) (not using FSc at all)
    Frost T19H 7.1 2210013 talents using FSc on >1 target: 394.7k (-6.6%)

3 Targets
    Frost T19H 7.1 2330021 talents (default): 489.2k
    Frost T19H 7.1 2210013 talents: 532.7 (+8.9%) (not using FSc at all)
    Frost T19H 7.1 2210013 talents using FSc on >2 targets: 510.2k (+4.3%)
    Frost T19H 7.1 2210023 talents (RA replaces FSc): 501.4k (+2.5%)

4 Targets (Note: default profile uses FSc on 4 targets)
    Frost T19H 7.1 2330021 talents (default):558.9k
    Frost T19H 7.1 2210013 talents: 627.7k (+12.3%)
    Frost T19H 7.1 2210023 talents (RA replaces FSc): 600.7k (+7.5%)
    Frost T19H 7.1 2210023 talents (GS replaces FSc): 577.5k (-19.7%)

So, takeaways.

Frostscythe should only be used on 3 or more targets. But even then, it's only a 1.8% gain over Runic Attenuation. This grows to a 4.5% gain at 4 targets and increases with target count. Frostscythe is tremendously less attractive with 7.1 changes buffing Obliterate and Howling Blast. Gathering storm is garbage, do not take it.

Frozen Pulse remains a good talent with the changes. HoW is only good for single-target. Freezing Fog is a trap that nobody should EVER take.

Obliteration still isn't great even with Obliterate heavily buffed. It beats Glacial Advance by 1.9% on single-targets only.

I probably will be speccing 2210023 as I feel it has the best balance between single-target and cleave. G'bye, Frostscythe. Smell ya lata!
    how do you think this will impact mythic+ @Nemesquish

I'd imagine still taking the standard MG build for Mythic+ with the caveat that you'll use Scythe on trash and not on bosses. That said though, it'll be really hard to train myself to use KM on Obliterate rather than Scythe. I gotta wonder: is there some magic mastery threshold where I'd want to use KM Scythe over Oblit?