Poll: How would you rate this expansion?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    2/10. May seem extreme, but it was the most miserable I've ever been playing WoW and the first expansion to make me quit.

I think a guildmate of mine put it best when someone asked him the same thing:

I'll give it a 1-100 based off RNG.
    /roll 1-100.

If you had asked me in Beta or the first week, I'd easily have said 9/10. Some problems, but overall amazing.

The greatest flaw with Legion is that the 'amazing' things quickly become overshadowed by the flat-out terrible design decisions, which are then compounded by both Blizzard's lack of communication, and terrible communication when it does try. Lore's joke about locks getting nerfed was terribly timed and very ill-advised. I can't watch Ion's Q/A's because his attitude comes across as someone who holds nothing but contempt for anyone who complains about the game.

Then tie in the RNG on EVERYTHING and the complete lack of balance in most aspects of the game, usually due to massive RNG. Tying 5 man and World Quest rewards behind a raiding achievement that has no definite end. Putting PvE objectives in auto-flag PvP zones on PvE servers and then telling PvE players to just deal with it.

I give the art and story teams 10/10. However my overall impression of the expac is a 2-3 due to the glaring issues and Blizzards seeming indifference.
    Last edited by UncleMalky; 2016-10-24 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Dueling was killed
    PvP is terrible
    to be fair these have been dead since cata

for me it's 8-9 raiding is good (except for mythic xav who was way too easy) and we're already getting a new tier in 3 weeks
    mythic+ is a great timefiller
    world quests are good
    titanforged system is great now there's multiple places you can get items, it's not just 1 boss every week once for that 1 good trinket/weapon
    the legendary system isnt the best, but i'd still have that than that shitty ring.

and i havent cared for pvp since cata when it was ruined for me so i im fine

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    What? I have 7 110s and that is the only reason I have anything left to do...

I gave it a 7, it might be hasty, I'd perhaps give this an 8, however I also thoroughly enjoyed WoD
    I have 2 days played on my Paladin and just got my first alt to 110. I'm still enjoying everything on my paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rated it mid way because there's just no adventure or sense of reward for me.

Just wait till the patches come out and they give you freebies, no sense of progression for average players.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    8 but it really needs to be more alt friendly soon otherwise it will drop to a 5
    How alt friendly do you want it? I work a shift pattern, have life outside of WoW and have 4 characters at 110 with 6 specs at 2 Gold traits unlocked around 850 ilevel and reputations all at revered or above. The only way this game would be more alt friendly would be if they gave you fuck all to do once you hit 110 like WoD.

It is pretty boring for me because most of the classes are really boring to play. It seems way to grinding. I don't really appreciate a game designed to string everything out just so you keep paying your subscription fee.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    5/10.

Too many lessons unlearned from WoD.

The content is great and it's alt friendly enough.

I'm unhappy with what they did to brewmaster and some other smaller things, but no huge deal ultimately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    The content is great and it's alt friendly enough.
    Maybe if they dont have any professions.

8/10

Pros
    Stuff to do; no more garrison sitting
    PvP is much better than WoD and balance changes keep coming.

Cons
    Too much to do to be effective ; hurts alts big time
    Gear grind is too much : Warforged/Titanforged/Legendaries force you into doing everything because BIS might just come from LFR or World Quests.
    Emerald Nightmare is one of the most boring raids ever.

Conclusion
    Many of my friends are burned-out from the grind, me included.
    Aside from EN being boring, it also doesn't feel rewarding since doing World Quests and Mythics will award more (5+ a day) and better (war/titanforged) gear over a week long period than a single run of Heroic EN (1-2 a week).

I'm taking some time off until they tweak PvP balance a bit, add a better raid and hopefully make it less grindy. All of which will probably happen in 7.2 or 7.3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    5/10. A good few steps forward, way to many steps back.

Dungeons are well done
    Raids are well done
    The story isnt to bad

Legends are dumb
    Dueling was killed
    PvP is terrible
    WQ are just lazy dailies
    Class pruning was all over the place
    WAY to alt unfriendly
    Warrior didnt get a class hall or campaign
    Why are legendaries dumb? Not getting one isn't a reason.
    PvP is now way more accessible and balanced.
    Dailies were the same quest every day. WQs are different quests and you have a huge choice. Dailies you had no choice. WQs are objectively a vast improvement.
    Class pruning wasn't all over the place, but class balance was, I'll give you that.
    Alt unfriendly? I don't think WoW should be alt friendly. Alts aren't a right, you have to work for them.
    Warrior has a class hall... you have to get to level 100 though.

Cons: (because many people have already listed the pros)

Heroics are pointless now and don't serve a place.
    WQ gear rewards are largely useless. The ilvl is too low and doesn't scale properly to the gear you have.
    Holiday event gear is also too low ilvl. Why not have it scale to your ilvl, and also have the event to scale to your character's lvl like TW?
    Some pruning seemed unnecessary.
    Getting my illusion dispelled in Suramar
    Last edited by Kyux; 2016-10-24 at 02:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    It is pretty boring for me because most of the classes are really boring to play. It seems way to grinding. I don't really appreciate a game designed to string everything out just so you keep paying your subscription fee.
    I really wish I could swap my Hunter for another class because MM is now just a ninja pull class where pretty much every decent ability just targets everything in front of you.

I tried swapping out abilities to get Arcane Shot back but everything seems to indicate that it will just piss off everything on your screen MM is anything but what the definition of marksman is. MM just seems like a spray and pray spec, never liked Survival and I have always hated BM so I have not touched my hunter which is really annoying because my Hunter is my LW.

It seems great but holy shit, there is way too much in it, I don't have time for this much WoW anymore!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I don't get all the complaints about alts; unless you're a hardcore t100-guild raider who "needs" to max 3 classes to be competitive, you really don't *need* to have all your toons geared to 870 with 6 legendaries and artifact level maxed. And otherwise, gearing up isn't hard. I got lucky gearing up my most recent toon with a legendary and a couple other nice drops, but my other 3 110's beyond the first and last just required some normal dungeon runs and wq's to hit heroic and then heroic spamming for 7-8 hours to hit the 825 required for LFR. From there, it's a steady gearing process just doing LFR and a few WQ's (I pretty much just do them on the most recently-dinged toon and my main) and I do the artifact level quest whenever it pops up. My toons range from 83x-852 or so, but all are geared enough to do mythics, LFR, WQ's (easily), etc.

At this current time I'd go for 6.5

Slightly above average, but plenty of things that can be improved or are simply bad designed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solid 8, with points only being deducted for the dread I have any time I think about leveling my alt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    5 - Middle of the road.

With them locking content behind PF (Arcway and whatever the other one was, plus soon to be Kara) it knocked me out of getting to see said dungeons, as I only have an hour; two if I'm lucky, to sit down to play. Which means I don't have time searching for people for my own party, and I don't have the patience to put up with peoples bullshit requirements for theirs.

So I've already canceled and moved on again.
    If you only have an hour or two then you don't need to be playing MMO's.

4.5/5 out of 10

Its a barely middle of the road expansion that has to rely on rehashing its own current content. Leveling quests become world quests, and rares become dull Warden kill quests. Dungeons are just a rehash of its self x18. I could go on but why bother..

5/10

I enjoy:
    1) The revamped profession system. Levelling up alchemy has been fun and satisfying. Blizz may have overthought LWing a bit, but I've yet to spend much time with it.
    2) The graphics engine tweaks. Highmountain especially looks great.
    3) The dungeons look- and play well. Clearly a lot of effort was put into these. Maw of Souls and Black Rook especially.
    4) Shaman class hall is pretty damn cool (although elemental is beyond terrible)
    5) The fact that tier gear is coming back to LFR

Ambivalent about:
    1) WQs. Nothing special, but it gives me things to do
    2) Artifact weapons. Meh.
    3) Music. Few memorable themes (but the ambient noise is great).

I don't enjoy:
    1) The rep grinds. So damn slow. Looking at you, Wardens. Also...
    2) ...Suramar. Screw that zone.
    3) The terrain puzzles. Too much frustration at times. Mobs being arseholes.
    4) The direction the game is taking with mythic-only non-raid content.