Poll: How would you rate this expansion?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    7/10

so, legions not been too bad. It has lots to do in the form of secret hunting, raiding, dungeon content, (farming a mount in pvp because there's no other reason to do it :3). My issue is and always will be the really heavy RNG with loot, and it actually kind of worries me why it is there.

So the first bit of RNG that doesn't seem quite right is legendaries. Before you think "oh no another person bashing due to lack of legendaries" that's not what im about to say. My issue with the legendaries is that some are downright either useless (Norgannon's Foresight) or so overtuned that they are the piece that makes the specc play properly and you wont log without it (Shadow Satyr's Walk). Now i know two ways to kinda solve this issue, one of them is awful which is give everyone all the legendaries the other is to BALANCE them. I know that's not blizzards strong point but it really needs to happen, that and no one is going to like a utility legendary, if you are a little world quest completer and heroic dungeon casual are you gonna want a 20% hp shield, or are you gonna want to make things go boom faster? Those really need to change to proper legendaries or just be gotten rid of.

my other issue with the RNG loot is warforged/titanforged system. This system is actually really good and one of the better "new" ideas blizzard have implemented. Being able to get an upgrade for a raider from low content which you are almost forced into is great, getting upgrades while helping your friends is also great. Having the cap set to + 15 above the top tier content, not great. I've always wondered why this limit is there, the highest level of content is mythic raiding, mythic+ end of week chests or really high arena rating weeklies which all drop 880 gear. So lets start with questioning why it's on the arena stuff. They said seasons should only be lasting 10-15 weeks and they are looking at getting 2 in per raid tier. So that gives you either 27 to 42 pieces of 880 gear, you need 17 pieces of no repeated loot here to fully 880 a spec. Now assume that there will be come repeats, you might get fully geared by week 10 maybe a little earlier, maybe a little later. Why do you then need some of those pieces to maybe be 885? thats just a flat RNG advantage over someone else at the top tier of pvp for no other reason than "they got lucky". Now i know that happens anyways with crits in pvp etc but should someone be able to "crit" the entire season? It makes little sense. A similar principal for Mythic raiding, it's not needed past the 880 mark due to a similar time frame of raiding. Now i know raiding has quite a few more weeks to get gear so it's not quite to the same level as someone in the PvP game but it really is just having a "crit" for the raiding tier. Now this system was in the game before legion, it was in the HFC raid where it actually did work to some extent, because of how long HFC was. No one wants raid tiers that last that long again and make weeks of farming for an upgrade kinda worth it for logs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    If you only have an hour or two then you don't need to be playing MMO's.
    Yeah made many people realize that kids have an advantage.

I gave it an 8/10, as it was a very fun leveling experience ONLY because I was forced to use a stealth character to main this expansion. My crz group is nothing but Horde, at every flight point camping it, at every world quest camping it...you can not play this game on my server unless you played a stealthy or enjoyed being camped every 4 minutes. It's taken me over a month to level my hunter because there is more Horde than mobs, with almost never any Alliance to be seen. The whole thing of being able to level in whatever zone you want was a great idea...until you try to level an alt on a server that is ridiculously Horde dominated. Yes yes, blah blah "pvp on a pvp server"...pvp is not 30 horde camping every flight point and world quest 24/7. Besides all that, this is my favorite expansion since WotLK.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    8-8.5 looking forward to seeing how the next few patches go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    4.5/5 out of 10

Its a barely middle of the road expansion that has to rely on rehashing its own current content. Leveling quests become world quests, and rares become dull Warden kill quests. Dungeons are just a rehash of its self x18. I could go on but why bother..
    I mean going on would actually explain how they are a rehash without just saying buzzwords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very solid 9. It's a little unfriendly on alts but otherwise it's an absolute blast.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ten out of fucking ten. As long as I have content and relevant shit to do we're all okay.
    | Mokenuf | Varianna | Devona | Katzine | Gokkash | Vëcna | Shaggra | Snookí | Vekuh | Segath | Zhìyù | Sierenna | Tyranikus |

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    5/10. A good few steps forward, way to many steps back.

Dungeons are well done
    Raids are well done
    The story isnt to bad

Legends are dumb
    Dueling was killed
    PvP is terrible
    WQ are just lazy dailies
    Class pruning was all over the place
    WAY to alt unfriendly
    Warrior didnt get a class hall or campaign
    1. I don't care about the legendary problem, cause I have one.

2. Dueling was killed? I don't think so...

3. I can get the whole pvp hate...cause..yah...some classes are bad per say. Still better tuned than the olde days.

4. I feel as though world quests are useless to me now. Mainly cause I keep getting 835 gear and all. Also, I mainly only ever do them for artifact power..so..kk.

5. I don't have a problem with the pruning.

6. I don't get this, cause I still have a bit to do left on my main..so..ehh

7. WHAT?! Ok. I can 100% understand all of your stuff before this one..but...WTF?! Warriors have the halls of valor, the most warrior place I've ever seen in my life. You guys get to bring back the watchers order for christs sake. Like..what?!

OT: Overall, my rating of legion so far is a 7/10. However, it's improving by a million so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    2/10. May seem extreme, but it was the most miserable I've ever been playing WoW and the first expansion to make me quit.
    ....Idk if you've played WoD or not..cause....You're lucky af if you haven't! I need your luck.
    Last edited by TheFirstOnes; 2016-10-24 at 03:46 AM.

Eight or nine out of ten for me so far. The content is fantastic, as are most of the new systems, and so far the expansion's had way more initial staying power than most. I still feel like I have plenty of stuff to be doing even two months in. The only major downside is the unfinished feel to many of the specs, and the ways in which some of them have devolved from their previous incarnations.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    I'd say about a 5. It's nowhere near the awesome TBC and Wrath expansions. It's a little below Cata and MoP, but it's better than WoD.
    Agreed. Some of the quests were broken or awkward. RNG impact is way over the top. Class balance/prunning was poorly done in many cases. AP is too grindy and alt unfriendly. Professions are an unrewarding grind. Dungeons are clunky and trash heavy. Joining mythic runs is difficult unless you are a geared tank/healer or have guild/friends to run with.

There are so many people giving this a 4/10. In my eyes, that seems like a way underplayed rating. I'd say expansions like cataclysm get that rating. But certainly not legion. Look, I get it, an opinion is an opinion. However, someone there's a limit towards some opinions, as to where one opinion just seems too over the top as of now, and opinions that seem just way edgy and downplayed to shit.

2 things that I want to bring out:

1. I know a guy named necroxis, you may know him as Krazzy. However, he made a video discussing legion, and his opinions of it. And let's just say, Idk wtf I was doing. I kept bashing him with extreme comments, which ultimately got me banned. I just want to say this, I apologize necroxis. I understand that my reaction was pure bullshit, and the way I acted was severely immature. However, even though I respect your opinion by a million, I think it's a bit too under-played. Remember, we're only on the first part of the first tier still, and 7.1 is continuing the fist tier. We haven't even seen our first major patch yet. Infact, we don't even know about the second tier yet. So, allow me to say, if one wants to quit because an expansion is bad, it's 100% fine by me. However, i'd rather wait and see for a while, in order to 100% judge the expansion by nature. You'll likely not see my reply, but if you do, then please understand, that I made this post with over 100% respect. I apologize for acting like a dumbass, and I won't ever do it again.

2. To the over-reactors. Please do NOT rate legion 10/10 so early on in the expansion. Trust me, I did that once with WoD, and now..it's on my Puke section, in terms of ratings. :/ Just a little warning before I say anything else.

I'd give this a 6/10 SO FAR! However, it'll likely get better as time goes on.

10+ Year Old Account
    7 weeks in, and its an 8.5/10 for me. Honestly my biggest complaint about the expansion are these legendaries. They've kind of sucked the fun out of getting epics, even when those epics are upgrades. "Aw man, an 860 Titanforged ring? I was hoping for my legendary bracers."

Aside from that, and the tedium of doing stuff like Suramar on alts, I love Legion as much as I've loved any stage of WoW and more than most.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10/10 no cons imo love having tons of content to do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    2. To the over-reactors. Please do NOT rate legion 10/10 so early on in the expansion. Trust me, I did that once with WoD, and now..it's on my Puke section, in terms of ratings. :/ Just a little warning before I say anything else.
    Or you could, you know, accept that people have different opinions. Who are you to tell someone that considers Legion a 10 that it isn't a 10 for them?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think my problem with this expansion is entirely subjective. I'd give it a 5/10 but if I take a step back from my own bad opinions it's probably a 8/10. The story, the volume of content and the quality of the dungeons are BRILLIANT.

However RNG layered on RNG, time-gating, artifact power grinding and alt-unfriendliness really brings down the score for me. I suppose you could sum it up as saying the systems team screwing over the creative team once again.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    8-8.5 looking forward to seeing how the next few patches go.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean going on would actually explain how they are a rehash without just saying buzzwords.
    I meant with others things that were hit an misses with me.

I hate how everything is scaled. When I realized I play until I find the game frustrating, I realized it is time to do something else. I have a while until my time expires, at this time I don't think I'll renew. The only real task I have for myself is to get the WotLK Timewalking mount on Nov. 8th - which I have enough points for.

Not sure what rating out of then that would be....

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Or you could, you know, accept that people have different opinions. Who are you to tell someone that considers Legion a 10 that it isn't a 10 for them?
    As I stated before, I accept their opinions. If you could read the entire thing, I clearly say that I accept all opinions. I'm just giving them a heads up, cause I did the exact same thing as they did, but it didn't end well for me.

7/10.

+ Content is good, story, art all that stuff.

- RNG RNG RNG. Class changes still not ironed out

I'm digging it, I give it 8/10 so far.

I raid sporadically so it's nice to gear up via 5 mans. Mythic+ is keeping my attention for challenging content. My alt is doing fine, geared about same as my main and 2 gold traits to my main's 3 gold traits. I don't grind anything really, AP comes along quickly enough from dungeons and the odd WQ when I feel like it. PVP is fun enough for me - pretty casual BG'er. All the class stuff is great, I've done about 8 artifact a so far. Professions feel meaningful, mostly, and the progression keeps it mildly entertaining.

I don't really have any complaints, it's been great fun so far!

Best expansion since Wrath. 8/10