why are older people so racist?

my grandparents always make bad comments about anyone not from here and my friends grandparents do too and almost every old person i know makes bad comments about anyone not from here

why is so widespread in older generations?

lack of integration rubs them the wrong way

10+ Year Old Account
    And locked thread in five...four...three...

"Not from here"? Doesn't sound like racism to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    "Not from here"? Doesn't sound like racism to me.
    its mostly to black people

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Well, when I was younger, race was something that had a series of expectations. It was of a "This is how it is." sort of view. Choices weren't really an option when it came to treating others outside of race because you were brutally chastised for it by virtually everyone you knew. It generally became ingrained into older generations of people, and sometimes, it spills out and the current younger generation is very quick to point it out. It's more of a bad habit than pure hatred.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zynara View Post
    my grandparents always make bad comments about anyone not from here and my friends grandparents do too and almost every old person i know makes bad comments about anyone not from here

Because the government wants to distract you from the real problems by making you deal with intolerant old people. Old people are an inside job! Obama did old people!

That last sentence did not sound right! Why am I shouting!
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    Because the government wants to distract you from the real problems by making you deal with intolerant old people. Old people are an inside job! Obama did old people!

That last sentence did not sound right! Why am I shouting!
    what does obama have to do with this? he doesn't be the president here

10+ Year Old Account
    People who are now our grandparents were growing up in a different time, with different societal norms and values. It so happens that many people tend to cling to what they believed in at a certain age (20-25, tentatively), it becomes a part of their identity. Society, compared to nowadays, was very nationalis/racist ~50 years ago, so here is your explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zynara View Post

Because todays generation are a bunch of pussies. Simple as that. If it keeps going this way, in 20 years everyone will be going around in personal space bubbles and complain that someone looked at them without express written permission.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Because todays generation are a bunch of pussies. Simple as that. If it keeps going this way, in 20 years everyone will be going around in personal space bubbles and complain that someone looked at them without express written permission.
    oh yeah because name calling is so adult.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    People who are now our grandparents were growing up in a different time, with different societal norms and values. It so happens that many people tend to cling to what they believed in at a certain age (20-25, tentatively), it becomes a part of their identity. Society, compared to nowadays, was very nationalis/racist ~50 years ago, so here is your explanation.
    In all seriousness, I don't miss the stench of oppression. I still am a bit racist in some very minor ways, but I'm glad to have left most of it behind in that time period.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Or maybe the pendulum was too far one way? (Racist grandparents) and over corrected itself and swung the other way and went too the millennials and facebook dont assume my gender side?

...because it's a lot more complicated than 'older people are racist'. These days simply being opposed to uncontrolled immigration is enough to lead to people branding those individuals as 'bigots' and 'racists'. Often because they themselves haven't seen the decline of the areas that the older generation grew up in as a result of the false promise of 'cultural enrichment'. This obviously isn't true in every case since some people are just bad apples but given the current political issues going on across much of Europe and America I think it's an apt point for me to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing useful about such a generalized thread and it already touches on forbidden topics.