Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of get where you come from OP, but it can be hard sometimes.

Me, I'm not one to talk. Since my stable of about 10 IRL friends slowly quit WoW by attrition over several years I've pretty much been a filthy casual player running solo. I've haven't had the interest or the passion in the game for years to hop into a new community, make new friends and start progressing seriously through content.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you should talk to them, if being in that guild was fun. Guild loyalty, etc.

I don't quite understand how using the swapblaster on normal clears is a nono. Or any difficulty for that matter. Not during encounters, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I kind of get where you come from OP, but it can be hard sometimes.

Me, I'm not one to talk. Since my stable of about 10 IRL friends slowly quit WoW by attrition over several years I've pretty much been a filthy casual player running solo. I've haven't had the interest or the passion in the game for years to hop into a new community, make new friends and start progressing seriously through content.
    you should read the rest of the posts talking about how hes a racist, and a prick

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I think you should talk to them, if being in that guild was fun. Guild loyalty, etc.

I don't quite understand how using the swapblaster on normal clears is a nono. Or any difficulty for that matter. Not during encounters, that is.
    read "pots" post about it

Quote Originally Posted by Pots View Post
    Hi, i'm actually an officer of the guild in question and also the raid leader that was absent from the raid. Made an account just to put out a short little explanation to put this to bed, since there are, as in this case generally 2 sides to every story.

I don't question their loyalty at all to the guild and i 100% admired it along with the many other loyal members in our guild, but we can't let certain behaviour just slide by just because someone is loyal to the guild or has been in the guild for such a long time.

An increasing amount of racist comments in guild chat and voice comms, belittling people for making mistakes (bearing in mind we are a casual heroic guild, we let mistakes slide and if there are problems us officers will whisper them in private after the raid and not make a meal of it in raids), arguing with officers in raids. 4 weeks of constant swapblasting when in the end nobody was laughing, was slowing us down and wasting people's money on consumables was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

It got to the point where it felt like he thought he could do anything just because he had been a member for so long and nothing was changing honestly after countless (and i mean countless) warnings. This is a guild where we have all become real friends and we don't just play WoW together and we want new players that join us to feel that sense of community aswell. When a new member joins and they get attacked by one person for no reason it just isn't acceptable.
    therei t is for you two

I doubt the OP was only using swapblaster in between pulls. No one would have cared if he did. He probably was using it in normals to troll the raid which caused wipes. Otherwise the topic of consumables would not have been brought up. Anyway doing something to the detriment of the raid intentionally should be an automatic kick. If anything they probably was bending over backwards to make the OP behave.

Quote Originally Posted by Pots View Post
    Hi, i'm actually an officer of the guild in question and also the raid leader that was absent from the raid. Made an account just to put out a short little explanation to put this to bed, since there are, as in this case generally 2 sides to every story.

I don't question their loyalty at all to the guild and i 100% admired it along with the many other loyal members in our guild, but we can't let certain behaviour just slide by just because someone is loyal to the guild or has been in the guild for such a long time.

An increasing amount of racist comments in guild chat and voice comms, belittling people for making mistakes (bearing in mind we are a casual heroic guild, we let mistakes slide and if there are problems us officers will whisper them in private after the raid and not make a meal of it in raids), arguing with officers in raids. 4 weeks of constant swapblasting when in the end nobody was laughing, was slowing us down and wasting people's money on consumables was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

It got to the point where it felt like he thought he could do anything just because he had been a member for so long and nothing was changing honestly after countless (and i mean countless) warnings. This is a guild where we have all become real friends and we don't just play WoW together and we want new players that join us to feel that sense of community aswell. When a new member joins and they get attacked by one person for no reason it just isn't acceptable.
    therei t is for you two

10+ Year Old Account
    There's always two sides to every story, and usually the "wronged party" always acts like they're a freakin' angel.

I'm more inclined to believe the officer post from a few pages back, clearly there's huge gaps in your side of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Basically, yes, this is the way it is.

I had a lengthy discussion about this in another thread a while back, and this really is the nature of "WoW Friends" and other such relationships. These aren't real friends, these aren't real relationships, these are barely even "real people" in a certain sense. So no, you shouldn't worry about being too loyal to them, because they're not going to be all that loyal to you. You're a class, item level and set of logs to most people and as soon as you're not valuable to their pursuit of further progression and/or loot you'll be kicked to the wayside and some other "friend" brought on board.

Yes, there are exceptions, but most of them revolve around people who already know each other in person or who later meet in person. But those are very, very much the exceptions.

It's why I always say that I'm not out to make silly friends in WoW, I reserve that concept for people that I actually know in the real world. Not people who only are as loyal to me as I am valuable to them in-game.
    +1, my friends list is all pre-wrath when there was pretty strong server and guild identity, did meet a few in person as well. Transfers and mergers killed the long term team-building, recruiting wore a lot of us out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    I doubt the OP was only using swapblaster in between pulls. No one would have cared if he did. He probably was using it in normals to troll the raid which caused wipes. Otherwise the topic of consumables would not have been brought up. Anyway doing something to the detriment of the raid intentionally should be an automatic kick. If anything they probably was bending over backwards to make the OP behave.
    Last I checked, you can't use swapblasters during combat (it would be kinda OP if you could).

From what it sounds like, he was using it to interrupt people getting their food buff, since swapping them would cancel them eating.

Yeah, read that officer post, aside of racism, its exactly what I've thought.

The fact that you're playing with someone for three years and have great attendance does not automatically let you to be a shitlord to people, OP.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-10-24 at 04:59 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you should read the rest of the posts talking about how hes a racist, and a prick

- - - Updated - - -

read "pots" post about it

therei t is for you two
    The racist and calling people out part is a lie though.
    If that definition of racist is true, then it's a guild full of notorious racists. I never ever ever called someone out. Raid leaders were fine on their own doing that during raids. Not my job.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-10-24 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    To be fair you are making yourself look silly. Probably did not learn boolean algebra in college lol.
    *shrug*
    The point I was making is that all of the publicized hardcore progression guilds, all of them, have had rage issues at some point. That's an undeniable fact. 2nd fact is that BL didn't break up due to Riggs' episodes. Hell, you can even argue that Riggnaros was the glue that kept them together during MoP.
    That being said, I'm allergic to mathematics of any sort. Ptsd + dyscalculia.

Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post
    The racist and calling people out is a lie though.
    idk... i rather trust the gm, then someone who came giving us a story that makes no sense
    speaking that the gm came to defend himself, even though he dident need to, i think hes on the higher turf

The racist and calling people out is a lie though.
    Repeatedly using a swapblaster after being told not to is a level of maturity which racism and general cockbaggery tend to go hand and hand with so I'm more likely to believe the officer's version of events over yours.

Deleted
    idk... i rather trust the gm, then someone who came giving us a story that makes no sense
    speaking that the gm came to defend himself, even though he dident need to, i think hes on the higher turf
    He's the officer and raid leader that:

1. Gave me permission to use it outside of progression raids.
    2. Wasn't there that evening.
    3. Made someone constantly calling others ' shit' an officer.

Like, selective much?

10+ Year Old Account
    If that definition of racist is true, then it's a guild full of notorious racists. I never ever ever called someone out. Raid leaders were fine on their own doing that during raids. Not my job.
    For all we know, you could be lying. All we have are words and no proof from both sides, so we have to go with our gut instinct here, and guilds don't just kick competent raiders for no/petty reason(s), there's very clearly gaps in your story, pretty much anytime a thread like this pops up the OP always tries to act perfectly innocent.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. You weren't there.
    2. I make the consumables you all use. So it's my money wasted.
    3. A lot of people laughed. Hell even up front before we got there people were already weary. It was an extra dimension.
    4. I didn't slow anyone down. It was normal. We cleared it in an hour. RC loot council took us longer. I used it in that waiting time.
    5. Opening discord with ' my Niggahs' is not racist.
    6. I never attacked anyone over petty mistakes. That's Zik. Whom you made officer.
    1) He doesn't have to be there.
    2) So fucking what, doesn't mean you can be a shitstain and grief your guild.
    3) Apparently a lot of people didn't.
    4) You say We, like you weren't benched, make up your mind.
    5) Some would argue that it was racist.
    6) Having a fit in /gchat is more than enough to find a nice great big boot print on your ass as your are getting kicked regardless of 1-5.

You showed your ass, someone kicked your ass out. I haven't had to kick anyone in more than 5 years, but if you had pulled that shit I would have booted you myself.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Well since your profile states your "occupation". I think it's safe to say you are the one lying.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-24 at 05:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You got that the other way around. Benched from main raid because swap blasting twice in alt-gearing raid.
    Simple questions, require simple answers. Were you told to stop, yes or no? If you were told to stop, did you stop? If not then why were you benched?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    1) He doesn't have to be there.
    2) So fucking what, doesn't mean you can be a shitstain and grief your guild.
    3) Apparently a lot of people didn't.
    4) You say We, like you weren't benched, make up your mind.
    5) Some would argue that it was racist.
    6) Having a fit in /gchat is more than enough to find a nice great big boot print on your ass as your are getting kicked regardless of 1-5.

You showed your ass, someone kicked your ass out. I haven't had to kick anyone in more than 5 years, but if you had pulled that shit I would have booted you myself.
    4. I got benched for the progression raid next Wednesday because I swapblaster twice during a normal clear that takes us an hour. On a dps. While we waited for lootcouncil for next pull.

7+ Year Old Account
    didn't* Sniff...
    and he is not GM, he is an officer which he was absent that day so basically he wasn't there to see what really happened beside hearing it from someone else. So his words mean jack squat. (FYI I'm not on either side)