Quote Originally Posted by Holovik View Post
    There will be times where you are waiting on Focus. I typically find this after my opener when trying to throw out my second barrage ~20 seconds into the fight. By you saying 2 aimed shots in a vuln debuff it gives me the impression that you are trying to squeeze two AiS into your vuln before you cast MS. In my experience this Focus starves me pretty badly where I can cast 1 AiS after my MS and then I'm waiting for focus and don't have time to get a second. Refer to Azor's rotation in the guide on IV, but to summarize you should be pretty much rotating this (leaving out the opener since that is different):

SW > AiS > MS > AiS > AiS

If you get a LnL proc and you are low on focus already, stick to the above rotation and use your second LnL after your MS (then hard cast AiS 2x). Then continue your rotation normally and you should hang around half focus until you use barrage again. Usually LnL procs enough that you can use those procs to get your Focus back up to ~75%
    Thanks, this is really helpful. The only thing I'm unsure about is the MS usage. Azor's guide says to use MS only if I can't fit another Aimed + the MS within the current Vuln, so why wouldn't I cast 2 Aimed after SW?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabreyn View Post
    Thanks, this is really helpful. The only thing I'm unsure about is the MS usage. Azor's guide says to use MS only if I can't fit another Aimed + the MS within the current Vuln, so why wouldn't I cast 2 Aimed after SW?
    Since you generally don't have enough focus to cast 2 AiS before MS and 2 after, casting only 1 before is the safest way to make sure you cast MS before the first Vulnerability drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Makro View Post
    Since you generally don't have enough focus to cast 2 AiS before MS and 2 after, casting only 1 before is the safest way to make sure you cast MS before the first Vulnerability drops.
    Makes sense and aligns with what I've been experiencing, thanks!

Will Sidewinders be the best talent in 7.1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daerron View Post
    MuonMuonMuon - there is no way to stack 30 stacks fast without barrage. 1 stack = 1 cast or 1 gcd, exceptions are AMOC and Barrage, but amoc is slow (and less stacks overall).
    My experience: I have 2 timers, timer to execute and timer to kill. At 10 sec to execute i save barrage, then fire it exactly on 19% of target, then standart priority. After second barrage i am usually close to 30 stacks and press Trueshot. Ursoc can die really fast so if timer to death shows 20 sec I press trueshot earier. Also pot is pressed on 30-35 sec to death (several seconds before trueshot).
    Could you please post the addon name/link or weak aura string for the timers? The ones i'm finding seem to be outdated or not working. The timetoexecute addon seemed like it would do just that but isn't loading for me and hasn't been updated for a long time.

AMOC is not less stacks overall on a single target. They both apply 16 stacks.

sidewinders gonna be mandatory unless blizz change the mechanic behind this talent or they rework the other two talents to the point that is worth to change.

Looking for some insight for Marksman T90 talents for Mythic plus. I find myself often needing to hold onto barrage for ages in order to not pull any extra mobs in a lot of places. Are the other talents competitive in any way or should I just suck it up and use barrage wherever I can?

People keep saying to stick with SW > AiS > MS > AiS > AiS but when I look at streams of mythic raiding hunters (including Azor's) I consistently see SW > MS > AiS > AiS > AiS regardless of how much focus they have.

I thought that when having high focus (above 120) you'd go SW > AiS > MS > AiS > AiS and if you're below that mark you'd go SW > MS > AiS > AiS to make sure you can squeeze out at least 2 Aimes Shots after Marked Shot.

It is really rare that you need to hold off on Barrage in a meaningful fashion. I do a retarded number of Mythic+ a day at the moment, mostly level 5-8 and with Teeming this week, and I almost never hold back due to fear of ninjapulling.

Set your nameplate draw/load distance to whatever your max range is (and add one or two yards). Now just think about it like "If I can't see the nameplate, Barrage won't hit it" and that actually works.

Welcome back.

Deleted
    or run behind the mobs and shoot back in the direction you came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Saurox View Post
    People keep saying to stick with SW > AiS > MS > AiS > AiS but when I look at streams of mythic raiding hunters (including Azor's) I consistently see SW > MS > AiS > AiS > AiS regardless of how much focus they have.

I thought that when having high focus (above 120) you'd go SW > AiS > MS > AiS > AiS and if you're below that mark you'd go SW > MS > AiS > AiS to make sure you can squeeze out at least 2 Aimes Shots after Marked Shot.
    There's no difference between SW>MS>AiS>AiS and SW>AiS>MS>AiS.

SW>MS>AiS>AiS>AiS requires 25% haste and still cuts is super close, and doesn't do anything better than SW>AiS>MS>AiS>AiS or SW>AiS>AiS>MS>AiS.

I don't SW-MS outside of AoE or particularly high prio nukes where I wanna frontload the damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    I don't SW-MS outside of AoE or particularly high prio nukes where I wanna frontload the damage.
    maybe a dumb question, but Marked For Death buffs the crit chance of AiS after a MS. Is this buff (6%) from the Artifact negligible enough to not care?

This is in reference to doing the three different strats that I have seen posted as relevant:

SW/MS/AiS/AiS/AiS
    SW/AiS/MS/AiS/AiS
    SW/AiS/AiS/MS/AiS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dyzz View Post
    maybe a dumb question, but Marked For Death buffs the crit chance of AiS after a MS. Is this buff (6%) from the Artifact negligible enough to not care?

This is in reference to doing the three different strats that I have seen posted as relevant:

SW/MS/AiS/AiS/AiS
    SW/AiS/MS/AiS/AiS
    SW/AiS/AiS/MS/AiS
    The crit chance is tied to the debuff, not MS.

There's no difference between SW>MS>AiS>AiS and SW>AiS>MS>AiS.
    There is somewhat of a difference in the extension of the Vuln. window.

SW AiS AiS MS AiS whenever possible imho. at least 1 GCD worth of time saved for movement and a second 4 AiS guaranteed too if you don't have to move.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-10-24 at 05:12 PM.

SW > AS > MS > AS > AS has movement too because you'd obviously introduce downtime between the first AS and MS and cast the Marked with 0.1s remaining on Vulnerable to extend the window as much as possible and 1) allow focus to pool for the 2x AS's that come after and 2) allow as much movement time as possible.

just a question... I know the guide says "use barrage on cooldown" but it also says to delay it if vulne is up but... sometimes i get crazy lucky with procs and vulnerable is up for quite a while... should I still use barrage ?

Homophobia is so gay.

I updated all simulations in the guide to be a bit better/more updated, also added potion sim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    SW > AS > MS > AS > AS has movement too because you'd obviously introduce downtime between the first AS and MS and cast the Marked with 0.1s remaining on Vulnerable to extend the window as much as possible and 1) allow focus to pool for the 2x AS's that come after and 2) allow as much movement time as possible.
    But why wouldn't you cast as many AiS as possible when you have the chance.

If I, for some reason do not cast 2 AS before the first MS, I *have* to do it after MS to get the full benefit.

Just a side note, (And I know we are talking about ST right now), but in a AoE scenario, you don't want to wait for 0.1s, even if all targets will remain alive for the next ~5 minutes, because there is a delay to MS that gets bigger and bigger the more targets you hit with it, and unlike on your main target it won't refresh the Vuln. timer on these adds instantly (sadly).
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-10-24 at 07:41 PM.

I personally prefer to have downtime on purpose allowing me to move, rather than me being able to move while I also happen to be waiting to be able to cast something, as I find the latter takes more focus (the brain kind).