Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think Racials should just be removed from PVP all together. You want balance? Remove that shit, it's stupid that a Race determines viability in PVP. If they are going to turn off set bonuses, trinkets, relic +1s then why not just turn off racials too?

This way people can PVP on a race they like and not feel they have to weigh up which Race has the best racials. I've never understood why they kept racials on but removed everything else from PVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Stacks. With. Relentless.

If you dont think a 45% stun duration reduction is crazy-go-nuts, i cant help you.
    Sure it's nice, but no better than other racials that "stack" - like more stam, crit, kicks, defensives, etc. that can be used by the rest of your group.

Like a Shadowmeld to get out of trouble when a stun reduc wouldn't have kept you alive, or a well-timed Arcane Torrent kick, or a rogue or DK gets on you or pally pops a HoJ, and you lived through it with Stoneform. I can't count how many times those have saved my ass or teammates. Like I said I think some are better in certain situations but largely they even out.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-10-17 at 11:47 PM.

Im actually happy for racials to just be flat out removed at this stage. Human racial completely fucked up facction balance, I actually dont care how powerful it is, i do care though that it it drew in all of the hardcore arena players and all the decent wannabes to the point horde was left with just casuals.

Races need to just be cosmetic at this stage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapeduz View Post
    Well it was YOU who did not understand why stunreduction was good, I simply tried to explain it to you. I know other racials can be good in some situations aswell, i dont even play orc. But i still know why its good.
    You didn't need to explain anything so get over yourself. I'm fully aware of the various racial perks. You may have a different opinion as to which you like better, but as I've said none of them are particularly game-breaking though obviously some are better than others in specific cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cztk View Post
    Yeahh soo ugly - worse race by far even pandas are 100x better

About racials - yeah so bad

- - - Updated - - -

9/10 us players wont agree
    Yeah. How the fuck did they manage to fuck up a werewolf?! It's a werewolf, they should be the baddest MFers in the game, yet they look stupid.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Tauren is arguably as good or better than Orc for healers and casters because of:

Brawn: Grants a slight increase to critical strike bonus damage and healing. (2%)​
    Endurance: Increases your Stamina by 'X' (scales with level)​
    War Stomp: Stuns up to 5 enemies within 8 yds for 2 sec.​

...so they're a little more tanky, extra crit on heals/damage, and the nice little stun against melee attackers.

Blood Fury is great for short bursts in a clutch situation perhaps, but it has a 2 minute cooldown.
    The Stun has a cast time
    it's only 1200 stamina so maybe 100k health?
    Brawn relies on high crit chance. If your class has low crit in pvp this is useless.

soo great for healer/caster.. I'd rather play UD/Blood elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsu View Post
    The Stun has a cast time
    it's only 1200 stamina so maybe 100k health?
    Brawn relies on high crit chance. If your class has low crit in pvp this is useless.

soo great for healer/caster.. I'd rather play UD/Blood elf.
    The cast time is .5 sec., not enough to be worth mentioning and just barely enough not to be instant - so you might have to actually think or anticipate before using it. I've used it many times as Rsham to Ghost Wolf out of melee range to stay alive, or to stop a flag cap or EFC if I had no other CDs ready. The stam boost isn't a lot but it's useful; if your spec can use the crit boost then it's good, if not then play another race that you think benefits your spec more.

All of this is obvious and doesn't need to be regurgitated here endlessly.

Really don't know why some of you are working so hard to argue this. None of the racials are far above and beyond most of the others, it's just the rerollers following the streamers to Ally or Horde every xpac thinking they need whatever FotM racial. The bottom line is it's no biggie in actual fights because they're so varied and unpredictable - but racials makes Blizz money from the faction hoppers and that's why they exist.

Shapeduz - I didn't question your "facts", I said it's a matter of opinion as to what racials one likes over another. Don't invent things I haven't said to try to give your position some cred.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-10-20 at 08:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by camRage View Post
    I think Racials should just be removed from PVP all together. You want balance? Remove that shit, it's stupid that a Race determines viability in PVP. If they are going to turn off set bonuses, trinkets, relic +1s then why not just turn off racials too?

This way people can PVP on a race they like and not feel they have to weigh up which Race has the best racials. I've never understood why they kept racials on but removed everything else from PVP.
    i agree ive said this for many expansions now but i want them to be removed in PVE aswell. Racials effect should be esthetic ONLY
    Its bad because of many reasons, main is people dont play the race they think looks best instead they play what is considered current Cookie cutter. And that makes many races obsolete
    Last edited by mmocaefec169f9; 2016-10-21 at 02:40 AM.

i find the worgen racial very handy for flag capping in bg's/rbgs. the speed bonus stacks with travel form.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure it's nice, but no better than other racials that "stack" - like more stam, crit, kicks, defensives, etc. that can be used by the rest of your group.

Like a Shadowmeld to get out of trouble when a stun reduc wouldn't have kept you alive, or a well-timed Arcane Torrent kick, or a rogue or DK gets on you or pally pops a HoJ, and you lived through it with Stoneform. I can't count how many times those have saved my ass or teammates. Like I said I think some are better in certain situations but largely they even out.
    To add my favorite example in support of this post:

Escape artist (gnome racial) is crazy undervalued for death knights and it was often the difference between a kill and me getting peeled and having to reset.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    To add my favorite example in support of this post:

Escape artist (gnome racial) is crazy undervalued for death knights and it was often the difference between a kill and me getting peeled and having to reset.

There you go. Many different specs, comps, playstyles, and situations is why I don't think the orc racial or EMFH are necessarily superior to a lot of others.

Deleted
    I'm not sure what we are even talking about here.

Hope I don't sound too arrogant, but there is no debate, none whatsoever. Human racials and orcs for horde are vastly superior to all others. This is reflected in the ladder where top pvp player seek the advantage, and thus pick humans and sometimes orcs.

The fact you think 20% reduction on stuns is even comparable, let alone on the same level, to 1% crit or aoe tauren stun like that suggest you don't have the best understanding of wow pvp, in particular arenas. Furthermore, the human racial is even more powerful than the orc's so there really is no debate

I personally play a tauren and I'm happy with it. However, racial skills need to be balanced out or removed from pvp.
    Last edited by mmoc48948c54a8; 2016-10-25 at 02:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeal View Post
    I'm not sure what we are even talking about here.

Hope I don't sound too arrogant, but there is no debate, none whatsoever. Human racials and orcs for horde are vastly superior to all others. This is reflected in the ladder where top pvp player seek the advantage, and thus pick humans and sometimes orcs.

The fact you think 20% reduction on stuns is even comparable, let alone on the same level, to 1% crit or aoe tauren stun like that suggest you don't have the best understanding of wow pvp, in particular arenas. Furthermore, the human racial is even more powerful than the orc's so there really is no debate

I personally play a tauren and I'm happy with it. However, racial skills need to be balanced out or removed from pvp.
    I've played nearly all of the races and in several brackets since Cata. I think I have a pretty decent understanding of WoW PvP, and as has been explained here repeatedly, the orc or human racial is not superior in all situations (which are many), despite whatever "the ladders" and the sheep who inhabit them are doing. Enough examples have been given by myself and others to bear that out.

If anyone thinks those kids are high ranked because of orc or human, then they should speak to Elon Musk about a trip to Mars.

You can be stupid and give Blizz 25 bucks for a race change to follow the streamer/Swifty/Cdew/Chanimal/Thugonomicz crowd, or you can L2P your race and stop making excuses.

I agree however that racials should be removed because there is some imbalance. It is after all PvP and it shouldn't exist. But that will never happen as long as WoW is a sub-based game, any more than Blizz will ever truly "balance" classes/specs. They make too much profit from faction hoppers and FotM rerollers to give it up.

Deleted
    General speaking for Horde side Orc has the best racials. You can't deny the -45% stun reduction. Only Blood Elf silence is almost on par with Orc stun reduction but that's only in some cases. Silence is nice for melee dps who is training healer/ranged caster.

Also for War Stomp, 0,5sec cast time. You are right, that's nothing, but the problem with it that it has 8yard radius around your character. You can't stun anything else then those melee dps that are training you or you need to blink out of safe position to get the War Stomp stun off but leaves you open as easy cc target for other team. This is from resto druid POV.

15+ Year Old Account
    At least worgen racials actually work everywhere. Pandaren food racial was just removed from pvp since you can no longer use bufffood in battlegrounds. And I still haven't found a vendor that sells usable food (mana or buff-wise) for arenas in legion.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

The guy in this thread posting about how the orc racial isn't op compared to other races is nuts and obviously doesn't PvP a lot. Stuns land kills. Essentially halving the duration of any stun on you and making DR'ed stuns virtually pointless is huge. Can you still be successful with another race? Sure, obviously - but to say orc isn't a blatantly better choice is just plain ignorant.

As far as the OP's discussion - yes, there are many little things they could do to make other racials competitive with orc/human. Honestly, I would love to see an entire reworking of the racials and have them all be non-combat things. You should be able to choose a race based on what you like, not what has the best racial for PvE/PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    The guy in this thread posting about how the orc racial isn't op compared to other races is nuts and obviously doesn't PvP a lot. Stuns land kills. Essentially halving the duration of any stun on you and making DR'ed stuns virtually pointless is huge. Can you still be successful with another race? Sure, obviously - but to say orc isn't a blatantly better choice is just plain ignorant.
    I PvP nearly every day, and I've already been through this ad nauseum. You can invent perfect scenarios to fit your preferred racial and call it "OP", just as any other scenario can be made that makes other racials better. I've already given examples, such as when you're not in a stun but a damage situation and you Shadowmeld out, then can heal. A stun reduction would not do shit for you then because you aren't stunned. Same for kicks, or Stoneform, War Stomp, or any number of the others.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let us know when -20% makes that so much different. So let's say for a 5 sec stun Orc sits 1 sec less. Not a big deal. The racials are really a wash.
    Not a big deal? People spec that on the PvP talent to the point where it was nerfed and you're saying it's NOT a big deal?

10+ Year Old Account
    If the racial can be combined with something on the talents then it might be OP. But this is about the racial itself not talents/honor traits.

Now let's have another 37 posts on this saying the same crap.