Page 37 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIndalamar View Post
    Spirit Bomb is too clunky and complicated to use. You put a debuff on enemies that will give you leech at the cost of an orb that was already going to heal you and a gcd that was going to generate pain to let you heal more. Fel Devastation is vastly more useful because at the start of a big pull you don't have time to set up a SB and leverage it, but you can easily Chains + Leap + Fel Devastation and that will usually give your group enough breathing room to get AE stuns going.

Feed the Demon is cool on paper but the overall mitigation it provides isn't going to be enough to save your life when things get rough. Soul Cleave is also going to increase your survivability passively because of the artifact trait that procs demon form but more importantly it will turn your cheat death into something that will turn a fight around because you are able to heal yourself during the window of time where shit has hit the fan. It also makes Meta an even more powerful cd for when things are kicking in your teeth.

I agree with all the talent choices you have sighted in the M15 runs as I've also been using those for the last month for the reasons I've listed above. SB and FtD are not as impactful as Soul Cleave and Fel Devastation.
    I find that in M+10 mobs live well enough to get 5x SB out easily each time Soul Carver is up (coordinate stuns), while pumping SB's out every time you are over 80% hp with enough pain to cap if you used Shear (considering Fallout, you usually have a few Fragments up often).
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Ultimately the only thing that matters is finding what works for your playstyle and your group. Whatever stats and talents you think are the most effective for you probably are.

Deleted
    Trinket questions!

Now, I'm not going to post my theory on which of these that I will use in either Raid or Mythic dungeon just yet, I want to know what of these 4 trinkets you will use for either Mythic + or Raids and why.

There are some stuff that still doesn't make sense to me and I really want to know what trinkets you would use in what situations to get a better understanding.

I've tried to do some of my own calculations but in the end it's still a mess.

s14.postimg.org/6buxfwu9t/trinkets.jpg

Apparently i'm not allowed to post links so this was more difficult than expected

So, I've finally hit 28 points in my weapon and have Painbringer.

I've been using Feast of Souls almost exclusively, but I'm curious if it would now be worth it to take Fallout for extra uptime on the damage reduction buff. Would some extra Consume Soul healing and damage reduction outweigh the healing provided by Feast of Souls?

I'm aware that Fallout has a chance to proc for each mob that it hits, so it may only be worth it during a fight where I can cleave.

For reference, I'm mostly curious about Mythic raids and higher level Mythic+ dungeons. I can see it being useful during large pulls in M+, but I'd like to know if there's an appreciable reason to swap out talents for fights like Mythic Dragons, Cenarius, Il'gynoth and possibly Ursoc with the adds that spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Malynd View Post
    So, I've finally hit 28 points in my weapon and have Painbringer.

I've been using Feast of Souls almost exclusively, but I'm curious if it would now be worth it to take Fallout for extra uptime on the damage reduction buff. Would some extra Consume Soul healing and damage reduction outweigh the healing provided by Feast of Souls?

I'm aware that Fallout has a chance to proc for each mob that it hits, so it may only be worth it during a fight where I can cleave.

For reference, I'm mostly curious about Mythic raids and higher level Mythic+ dungeons. I can see it being useful during large pulls in M+, but I'd like to know if there's an appreciable reason to swap out talents for fights like Mythic Dragons, Cenarius, Il'gynoth and possibly Ursoc with the adds that spawn.
    The general rule of feast for st and fallout for aoe still applies.
    In mythic+ all 3 are viable. It's more of a preference and how big you pull. Fallout is better with bigger pulls. Burning alive is better with smaller pulls off enemy's that stay up a while.

For M+ I'm in a state of talent choice paralysis. I have Kirel Narak, and I'm also talented into painbringer. I can't decide between fallout and using all the additional orbs to get big painbringer stacks in between DSes or getting Burning Alive for the spread on brand.
    My gut tells me BA is the better choice if I can brand the primary target and it lives the full 10 seconds allowing for 5 spreads, with the last one falling off roughly 2 seconds after I'd run out of contiguous DSes (or allow me to only go for 12 seconds straight, 8 seconds down and then 12 seconds straight again, while still always having some sort of DR or mitigation up on all or most mobs and supplement with painbringer via soul cleave in that 8second window).

Guys i am going to level a tank demon hunter, however, i keep hearing about how weak they are and that i should level another tanking class. Should I hear what they are saying or is the demon hunter strong but need to be played by someone who knows what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by irongear View Post
    Guys i am going to level a tank demon hunter, however, i keep hearing about how weak they are and that i should level another tanking class. Should I hear what they are saying or is the demon hunter strong but need to be played by someone who knows what to do.
    There is nothing weak about DH tanks, we are spikey but thats about it. I recently changed from Havoc to Vengeance due to my guild losing a main tank because he failed to communicate with the other tank for swapping during raids. So i stepped up to the plate and im loving it. Sure there are better tanks out there like warriors who to me are still OP even with the 33% nerf to ignore pain.But the mobility DH's have is just sick. I mean damn jumping from one pack of trash to another during Mythic + runs is just fun as hell. In all its really up to you to choose which tank class you want to play. All have equal and challenging rotations, talents and playstyle that take some getting use to.

Let's not exaggerate. We are one of the weaker tanks. There's no denying it. Though we can complete content, and if you are just now being into anything then it doesn't matter what tank you play because you aren't going to be pushing hard enough for it to matter, and you'll have gear to back you up. M+ can be the exception ofcourse, but still not a big deal since people have done +15.

Tldr, play what you want, it won't matter.

I feel significantly weaker to our prot warrior, and we don't even have a bear druid so that would be probably rather embarrassing if I were comparing against them.

Even then, our 2 groups clear +10 each week, and those groups use an ele shaman and frost DK plus an outlaw rogue, so it's not like the content requires the best classes as even with ele shaman, outlaw rogue, and frost DK mythic+ 10 is getting clear.

I'm just much harder to heal for our healers than our prot warrior. But it is doable.

And who cares about +15 by this point anyways, +10 is all that matters until they scale gear up. The skin from +15 isn't even available just like Glory of the Legion Hero, because they gated it behind a base skin that unlocks via Nighthold, which is months away.

Getting +15 is just a matter of time with gearing up to not need to stack fire mages, hunters, and shadow priests.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-10-23 at 08:15 PM.

Deleted
    Is it really intended for Siphon Power to only increase base agi and not agi from gear?

This class, seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Is it really intended for Siphon Power to only increase base agi and not agi from gear?

This class, seriously...
    Why ask a rhetorical question when you're in a better position than most of us to get an answer to that? ;P

You don't have to be in a "good" position to figure it out. I just tested it on the training dummy in 1 minute. Good find @Mionelol.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Has anyone tried playing Fracture for DPS on the harder bosses (e.g. Ursoc)? Did you feel unstable with that? (wanted to try it in raid tonight)
    Mythic Ursoc does bad bad things to me. We have only killed it two or three times now, and it still feels like I am fighting to stay alive every second of every minute and if I miss even one spikes or heal or whatever, then I will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post

This class, seriously...
    So we have Sigil DoTs and Soul Carv Dots that can't crit AND Siphon only increasing base Agi... WEEEW GREAT FUN GAME.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    So we have Sigil DoTs and Soul Carv Dots that can't crit AND Siphon only increasing base Agi... WEEEW GREAT FUN GAME.
    Tweeted both to WatcherDev, 'cos why not. Hopes for a reply or acknowledgement aren't too high tho. :|
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    Tweeted both to WatcherDev, 'cos why not. Hopes for a reply or acknowledgement aren't too high tho. :|
    They are too busy with their 2 people working on Spriests for the next 3 months before Nighthold comes out. We will get some fixes in T21

Quote Originally Posted by kabnine View Post
    Mythic Ursoc does bad bad things to me. We have only killed it two or three times now, and it still feels like I am fighting to stay alive every second of every minute and if I miss even one spikes or heal or whatever, then I will die.
    Tbh it's only the last 30% where I feel like a complete punching bag. It's not that bad if the first 70% goes smoothly and you have Meta + LR up for the end, but if not, ouch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    They are too busy with their 2 people working on Spriests for the next 3 months before Nighthold comes out. We will get some fixes in T21
    Yeah, SoF dot starts to crit at that point

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Yesterday, Fragment of the Betrayer's Prison came into my posession. I have a question about if and how I should change my build now:

Does the leech from this ring make Razor Spikes worth taking? Does it make Feed the Demon better than Soul Rending for progression raiding?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphodel View Post
    Yesterday, Fragment of the Betrayer's Prison came into my posession. I have a question about if and how I should change my build now:

Does the leech from this ring make Razor Spikes worth taking? Does it make Feed the Demon better than Soul Rending for progression raiding?

Thanks in advance.
    No and no.

Tbh the ring is pretty average for raiding at best until we get T19 4 set.