Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nheela View Post
    Kicking the guy isn't a sign of better leadership, it's a sign of "I don't want to deal with this anymore". It just shows their attitude to issues is to ignore until they can't ignore anymore.

Both sides are acting immature in different ways.
    It isn't immature to kick someone who has behavioral problems, as it isn't your job to teach them how to behave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Kicking the guy isn't a sign of better leadership, it's a sign of "I don't want to deal with this anymore". It just shows their attitude to issues is to ignore until they can't ignore anymore.

and a lot of times you can't repair something.

I respect the fact that you think you can repair anything, but i highly disagree with that opinion.

Doesn't sound like it came from out of nowhere. Sounds like he's been ignoring warnings for a while now and this was just the last straw.

Deleted
    You don't need to repair anything, this game isn't a psychiatry. Guild rules exist for this reason, so that there isn't anarchy. I'm not saying the OP isn't to blame for his kick, his actions lead to it, however I dislike leaders who let stuff like this happen when it could have been stopped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pots View Post
    Hi, i'm actually an officer of the guild in question and also the raid leader that was absent from the raid. Made an account just to put out a short little explanation to put this to bed, since there are, as in this case generally 2 sides to every story.

I don't question their loyalty at all to the guild and i 100% admired it along with the many other loyal members in our guild, but we can't let certain behaviour just slide by just because someone is loyal to the guild or has been in the guild for such a long time.

An increasing amount of racist comments in guild chat and voice comms, belittling people for making mistakes (bearing in mind we are a casual heroic guild, we let mistakes slide and if there are problems us officers will whisper them in private after the raid and not make a meal of it in raids), arguing with officers in raids. 4 weeks of constant swapblasting when in the end nobody was laughing, was slowing us down and wasting people's money on consumables was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

It got to the point where it felt like he thought he could do anything just because he had been a member for so long and nothing was changing honestly after countless (and i mean countless) warnings. This is a guild where we have all become real friends and we don't just play WoW together and we want new players that join us to feel that sense of community aswell. When a new member joins and they get attacked by one person for no reason it just isn't acceptable.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Queue another 15 pages of replies to the OP, whilst this stays hidden.

A; OP was an asshole and was kicked for it.

You don't need to repair anything, this game isn't a psychiatry. Guild rules exist for this reason, so that there isn't anarchy. I'm not saying the OP isn't to blame for his kick, his actions lead to it, however I dislike leaders who let stuff like this happen when it could have been stopped.

so hypothetically you would be ok if this happened instead, right?

A: Hey can I swapblast?
    B (RL):No. If you do it you will be benched and may even removed from guild
    A: why not? "insert a wall of text of why he thinks it's ok"
    B: You cannot do it and that's final

A goes and does it anyway and is removed from the raid and guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    so hypothetically you would be ok if this happened instead, right?

A: Hey can I swapblast?
    B (RL):No. If you do it you will be benched and may even removed from guild
    A: why not? "insert a wall of text of why he thinks it's ok"
    B: You cannot do it and that's final

A goes and does it anyway and is removed from the raid and guild.
    I wouldn't kick someone over such petty things. Benching deals with the problem. If the guy wants to raid again, he'll know what not to do. Else he just stays as social while everyone else gets all the sweet loot.

But hey, it's easier to gkick and dust your hands off, I guess. Realistically a lazy guild leader can deal with all problematic members this way. A bad leader will always be a bad leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I don't think it does.
    Oh it does alright.

I use it to drown peeps who are AFK, or to teleport them into "peculiar" places.

My guild doesn't mind. Then again, I'm their tank and I don't throw fits if I get a warning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Lol "PC". Jesus dude. So it's suddenly ok to be racist and harass members in a guild now is it and arguing against that means it's "PC"?
    He's obviously parodying the friendly use of the word niggah between black Americans, and not using this word in derogatory manner. How is it racist?

I wouldn't kick someone over such petty things. Benching deals with the problem. If the guy wants to raid again, he'll know what not to do. Else he just stays as social while everyone else gets all the sweet loot.

But hey, it's easier to gkick and dust your hands off, I guess. Realistically a lazy guild leader can deal with all problematic members this way. A bad leader will always be a bad leader.
    They did bench him. That's when he decided to throw a fit about it. He was already on thin ice and he decided to start jumping.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    They did bench him. That's when he decided to throw a fit about it. He was already on thin ice and he decided to start jumping.
    I think Nheela is more of a "i'll toss you into timeout until you quit yourself. That way my hands are clean and I'm a good leader that didn't gkick people"

I'm not saying the OP's previous guild's leadership is necessarily good, but Nheela seem to think that the OP has flawless record over the past 3 years and is just unreasonably kicked for one offense.

If they did let him use the blaster in raid; it's their poor decision. How it transpired to a gkick is a detail that both side omitted: neither really explained if people complained about it and if he was asked to not use it, etc.

I guess I just really don't like Nheela's generalization of "kicking is bad leadership".

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    I think Nheela is more of a "i'll toss you into timeout until you quit yourself. That way my hands are clean and I'm a good leader that didn't gkick people"

I'm not saying the OP's previous guild's leadership is necessarily good, but you seem to think that the OP has flawless record over the past 3 years and is just unreasonably kicked for one offense.
    What? What makes you think I'm in any way defending the OP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Would be nice to have the other side of the story.
    we got both sides... OP and an officer from his guild.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Wow, people here must have forgotten how to have fun in a video game, it must be completely miserable to play in your groups. In my old progression guild people would use toys all the time, priests would lifegrip while the RL was setting down marks, and in almost every single kill shot we had our belf mage in Gokk'lok's Shell, right in the middle of it. And it relieved a lot of the stress of having wiped for the 30th time on a tough heroic (mythic) progression boss.

@Titmeister: move on. Once there has been a gkick, the sour feelings will always be there and you'll never feel like a part of the group anymore. It sucks that it happened, but take it as a sign that your old guild was not worth it. I'd approach a few memebers I liked and ask for their Battletags, to add them as friends, but I wouldn't think of getting back into the guild structure anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    What? What makes you think I'm in any way defending the OP?
    I don't think you are. I was just adding to your post. I edited my post so it doesn't look like I thought you were defending him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Oh the community still sorta exists. Or at least it was till the end of WoD.
    Made a couple friends from other guilds but I rolled the wrong class in Legion and lost interest

OT: Op just give up, find greener pastures. You were a dick and they got tired of you, just deal with it and move on. I still think swapblasters are funny, however...
    Don't think im gonna do that. The only reason i still played was because of my guild.
    Now that's gone i will probably too. Time to move on to adult life. Turning 27 in 4 days anyway, might as well make way.

Quote Originally Posted by tithian View Post
    Wow, people here must have forgotten how to have fun in a video game, it must be completely miserable to play in your groups. In my old progression guild people would use toys all the time, priests would lifegrip while the RL was setting down marks, and in almost every single kill shot we had our belf mage in Gokk'lok's Shell, right in the middle of it. And it relieved a lot of the stress of having wiped for the 30th time on a tough heroic (mythic) progression boss.

@Titmeister: move on. Once there has been a gkick, the sour feelings will always be there and you'll never feel like a part of the group anymore. It sucks that it happened, but take it as a sign that your old guild was not worth it. I'd approach a few memebers I liked and ask for their Battletags, to add them as friends, but I wouldn't think of getting back into the guild structure anymore.
    Different people have different definition of fun and while you may think using these toys help alleviate the atomosphere, it can easily be interpreted as fucking around after someone has fucked up an attempt. It easily goes both ways.

In the end it's about respect. Maybe your friend doesn't care about you swapblasting them off the face of the planet, but if there are any complaints you should stop.

Sounds like a terrible guild leader and a terrible person. These actions just didn't start recently, its probably something he personally let slide for months on end. An let multiple people get away with in some form or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Pots View Post
    Hi, i'm actually an officer of the guild in question and also the raid leader that was absent from the raid. Made an account just to put out a short little explanation to put this to bed, since there are, as in this case generally 2 sides to every story.

I don't question their loyalty at all to the guild and i 100% admired it along with the many other loyal members in our guild, but we can't let certain behaviour just slide by just because someone is loyal to the guild or has been in the guild for such a long time.

An increasing amount of racist comments in guild chat and voice comms, belittling people for making mistakes (bearing in mind we are a casual heroic guild, we let mistakes slide and if there are problems us officers will whisper them in private after the raid and not make a meal of it in raids), arguing with officers in raids. 4 weeks of constant swapblasting when in the end nobody was laughing, was slowing us down and wasting people's money on consumables was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

It got to the point where it felt like he thought he could do anything just because he had been a member for so long and nothing was changing honestly after countless (and i mean countless) warnings. This is a guild where we have all become real friends and we don't just play WoW together and we want new players that join us to feel that sense of community aswell. When a new member joins and they get attacked by one person for no reason it just isn't acceptable.
    Countless warnings? Yeah, if he does not listen, the kick is well deserved. Guild loyalty does not mean you should get away with whatever shenanigan you are up to, when you were asked to stop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post
    I just got kicked from my guild. I was one of the first members ever to join. Stuck by them for 3 years or so. Raided with them, near 100% attendancy 2 days a week, performing in the 80% bracket, cleared my schedule to be able to. It was fun, we had good laughs, I was loyal, and expected that to be mutual.

Tonight we raided. I performed. And one of my things is the swapblaster. Makes the whole raid laugh. I dont use it excessively. 2-3 times, usually once at ursoc and once at elreth, keeps the raid on their toes. I even had a free pass on normal raids to use it, as long as i didnt use it during progression raids. It didnt slow the raid down as it was always aimed at a dps (usually someone being too loudmouthed) and always during a waiting period (waiting for RC Lootcouncil to finish distributing)

Last night they decided to bench me for the next progression raid because i used a swapblaster during a normal gearing raid (which i was given permission to do). So i said in guildchat that it was BS to bench me for something i was told i could do, and that i wasnt gonna raid ever again if thats the case. And i got guildkicked while being offline.

After 3 years of loyal attendancy, the time i spend with the guild and what i thought were friends i made, i get kicked over the use of a swapblaster.

Its funny though. What does this say about "online friends"? About guilds? Loyalty? I always thought they were real. Untill today. Now i understand my loyalty to people half way cross the ocean is worth fuckall, nomatter how nice and dandy you play together while it lasts. It feels weird, like i wasted the last 3 years of my life on them. Why bother with another guild?

Thoughts?

Edit:
    One of the officers responded to this thread on post 208. He is the officer that told me i could use it. And he wasnt there that particular raid and that evening i got kicked. Claiming im a racist (because i open Discord with "hello my niggahs") and that i harrassed people in guild. When in reality, i barely speak during raids and the only one truely harrassing people "go learn your fucking class blabla" was made officer.

Needless to say, take that as you will.
    Oh yes. Nothing I love more than pushing logs on a farm boss and getting swapblasted. "Keeps the raid on their toes" is just a stupid reason, especially in a farm run. I know when to move and when to dps, why should i have to be edging on "will i be swap blasted." It's just stressful. And killing some one with it even outside of encaunters is stupid. You are wasting everybodies flask time, that persons foodbuff. Swapblaster should be disabled in all dungeon and raid content.
    Just because you have a long term relationship with your guild doesn't make you immune to rules applied by the guild.