Tank instantly dying on Xavius after leaving dream

I've seen it happen twice now, and though we still easily handle the boss it bothes me that I don't understand why.

Log of it happening from this week:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ght=28&death=2

Basically, tank'll be at 100% health; 4+ million, getting overhealed, etc.; totally out of harm's way. Then he'll leave the dream and instantly die to some minor damage hitting him just as he leaves. Here it's Tainted Discharge ticking for "225766 (O: 9859)".

He's entering the dream at full health, so I don't understand why him leaving it sets him to oneshot-levels.

Am I missing something super obvious that everybody else knows about?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

while we're at it, what do we do about Elrenthe when she refuses to come back down?

7+ Year Old Account
    The solotion is to have the tank, who is not in the dream, tank when the other tank leaves the dream. It should stop the tank from dying.

I think this comes from a wierd bug, where the health is calculated wrong, if the tank takes 1 hit in the moment, that he returns to his body. I have experienced it multiple times, luckily only with 1 one of them resolving in a death.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    The solotion is to have the tank, who is not in the dream, tank when the other tank leaves the dream. It should stop the tank from dying.

I think this comes from a wierd bug, where the health is calculated wrong, if the tank takes 1 hit in the moment, that he returns to his body. I have experienced it multiple times, luckily only with 1 one of them resolving in a death.
    Alright, so it's just a bug then, I guess? Not us fucking up. Or, well, knowing about the bug and not playing around it would still constitute fucking up. But now we know it's not something else, so hopefully we'll stop doing that.

Thanks.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Alright, so it's just a bug then, I guess? Not us fucking up. Or, well, knowing about the bug and not playing around it would still constitute fucking up. But now we know it's not something else, so hopefully we'll stop doing that.

Thanks.
    I know it might put extra strain on your tanks, but try to make it so that the dream tank does not even have the tank debuff when he comes out.

The way it proberly works, is that when a tank gets out of the dream, their health is reset into into their basic stat before getting up to full, so without armor, stamina health and dmg reduction, which means that a single boss hit can be either insta kill or close to 0 hp.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post

its not a calculation bug, its a bug with how health value is loaded on transitions. Same issue happens with the hidden demon miniboss in CoS. As the NE transitions to the dread lord you can one shot it or significantly lower its hp while it transitions because it loads from 1 hp to full within that second. put a hit in within that second and his hp drops. Same goes to the tank, put a hit in while he is loading out of the dream and he will drop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    its not a calculation bug, its a bug with how health value is loaded on transitions. Same issue happens with the hidden demon miniboss in CoS. As the NE transitions to the dread lord you can one shot it or significantly lower its hp while it transitions because it loads from 1 hp to full within that second. put a hit in within that second and his hp drops. Same goes to the tank, put a hit in while he is loading out of the dream and he will drop.
    Well there you go

even if i'm not actively tanking i come back with ~20% hp after leaving the dream. dont know whats causing it but it has been this way since week one