Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by metadodo View Post
    Pardon the noob question but could I ask what the "Alchemy boss abuse tactic on Cancer-orum guy" refers to?
    2nd boss in VoW, you have a quest for Alchemy on his floor that involves opening the 4th room (2 bosses, elevator, alchemy quest) and fighting a boss there. Even if you already did the quest, you're still able to open that room however the Alchemy Quest Boss isn't there anymore. If you kite cancer-boss in that room, he won't teleport to open add rooms.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually it wasn't that hard as I expected it to be (DH tank so I do rely on a lot of self heals). I'm not pugging though. Did Maw of Souls +10 and it went good and we made the timer until we came to Helya... Well all I can say is she is a real bitch on Tyrannical....

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    2nd boss in VoW, you have a quest for Alchemy on his floor that involves opening the 4th room (2 bosses, elevator, alchemy quest) and fighting a boss there. Even if you already did the quest, you're still able to open that room however the Alchemy Quest Boss isn't there anymore. If you kite cancer-boss in that room, he won't teleport to open add rooms.
    Didn't they fix this at the same time as they removed the bats from the last room?

Death Knights were irritated by Necrotic even before Legion dropped (beta). Glad to see they never bothered to listen. They're the only tank that gets punished 3 ways instead of 2 compared to other tanks.

Problem with necrotic is not that it's not doable, it's perfectly doable. But it's not a fun mechanic for the tanks and it is something that affects different tank classes to extremely varying degrees. That's some bullshit, especially if you only have a limited amount of people in your guild/flist who actually play a tank. I think the design of this affix is just not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    as an ele shaman this is the best week ever.

then again thats every week that isn't fucking volcanic.

teeming = more cl targets, necrotic sure i can aoe stun and knockback while tank resets stacks.

if i never do another mythic+ with volcanic, it's too late i got full blown aids from it
    As a balance druid I feel your pain

Quote Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
    Problem with necrotic is not that it's not doable, it's perfectly doable. But it's not a fun mechanic for the tanks and it is something that affects different tank classes to extremely varying degrees. That's some bullshit, especially if you only have a limited amount of people in your guild/flist who actually play a tank. I think the design of this affix is just not very good.
    I like nerotic. It's one of the very few affixes that actually change how you play. The problem is just that it's really stupid in context of legion tank design.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Actually it wasn't that hard as I expected it to be (DH tank so I do rely on a lot of self heals). I'm not pugging though. Did Maw of Souls +10 and it went good and we made the timer until we came to Helya... Well all I can say is she is a real bitch on Tyrannical....
    This, was expecting necrotic to be a real bitch on DH as i DH main but it wasn't. Get to high u just chains and leap, had druid in group with typhoon and no aoe stuns and i did up to 10 no real problems.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybird View Post
    This, was expecting necrotic to be a real bitch on DH as i DH main but it wasn't. Get to high u just chains and leap, had druid in group with typhoon and no aoe stuns and i did up to 10 no real problems.
    Yeah that typhoon is so underrated. I have a druid healer and we went to +8 Neltharion's Lair, Sigil of Chains + Typhoon = bye bye Pelters XD

Has quality of pugs gone down, or is it just this affix? Still haven't managed to do my weekly +10, doing the same thing as in past weeks. I've been joining groups for +8 or +9 hoping they'd succeed and do a +10 after. However the vast majority seems to fail.
    Kerathane Main DK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    did someone try brh with necrotic ? did anybody manage to do this without using cheese shit like invis pots
    I fail to see how using invis pots is cheesy? It's like saying having a dps taunt a boss to drop necrotic stacks is cheesy. Use all the tools you have at your disposal.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybird View Post
    It might not seem that way at first glance but Demon Hunter is actually one of the best classes to deal with necrotic. On bosses, due to the way our avoidance works (dodge/parry), not only do you get stacks slower, you can actually reset the stacks through our passive avoidance. If you add a leap or two after a "lucky" streak of parries and dodges and you are good to go.

On packs it is even easier with the group's aoe stuns and slows working perfectly with our own leaps.

Back to the topic, I found volcanic to be relatively easy but it can get quite annoying since some AoE effects appear to cover the volcano effect and it is possible for more than one volcanoes to target the same person leading to one shots.