Page 1 of 2
LastLast

This legacy server falsely inflated craze reminds me so much of the pandaria fiasco

You'd have these forum gangster teams of the vocal minority claiming loud and far and wide how pandaren are the most requested race in Warcraft, ever, how they'd actually existed since Warcraft 2, how they were incredibly canon to Warcraft 3's developments and all this other endless nonsense which had little to no sensible backing to it. They would shut down any thread or arguments against them with the "YOU DON'T LIKE PANDAS YOU'RE A HYPOCRITE BECAUSE DRAENEI ARE GOATS AND TAUREN ARE BULLS" argument.

The result? One of the most unsuccessful expansions, if not the most unsuccessful, in WoW history, and a race that was the least played in any statistics gathering page up until the launch of Legion, where it rose 2-3% above the other least played races, probably for cross faction talk in BGs.

An expansion that lost the respect for the game and the team from many players and which Metzen himself was quoted as saying "The age of the whimsical Panda is over".

Like what the fuck is with these minority gangster groups trying to force feed everyone else their version of reality? Yes, legacy servers have the support of a decent number of players, RELATIVELY, but nowhere near the majority of the playerbase, and if it did bring old players back, there is absolutely no assurance they'd stick around playing the old gameplay of WoW which was the same as Legion's, only everything took 6-7x times more time and grind to accomplish.

So why the fuck do you constantly keep pestering Blizzard with this shit instead of letting them focus on making the main game better and pulling away from the old and worn Everquest mentalities? Why don't you let them focus on evolving the genre instead of devolving it? Do we really need another pandaria fiasco?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    You'd have these forum gangster teams of the vocal minority claiming loud and far and wide how pandaren are the most requested race in Warcraft, ever, how they'd actually existed since Warcraft 2, how they were incredibly canon to Warcraft 3's developments and all this other endless nonsense which had little to no sensible backing to it. They would shut down any thread or arguments against them with the "YOU DON'T LIKE PANDAS YOU'RE A HYPOCRITE BECAUSE DRAENEI ARE GOATS AND TAUREN ARE BULLS" argument.

The result? One of the most unsuccessful expansions, if not the most unsuccessful, in WoW history, and a race that was the least played in any statistics gathering page up until the launch of Legion, where it rose 2-3% above the other least played races, probably for cross faction talk in BGs.

An expansion that lost the respect for the game and the team from many players and which Metzen himself was quoted as saying "The age of the whimsical Panda is over".

Like what the fuck is with these minority gangster groups trying to force feed everyone else their version of reality? Yes, legacy servers have the support of a decent number of players, RELATIVELY, but nowhere near the majority of the playerbase, and if it did bring old players back, there is absolutely no assurance they'd stick around playing the old gameplay of WoW which was the same as Legion's, only everything took 6-7x times more time and grind to accomplish.

So why the fuck do you constantly keep pestering Blizzard with this shit instead of letting them focus on making the main game better and pulling away from the old and worn Everquest mentalities? Why don't you let them focus on evolving the genre instead of devolving it? Do we really need another pandaria fiasco?
    Your own opinion I am sure.

I do recall the list of pandaren characters at one point was higher than three other races. And I wouldn't call Mists of Pandaria unsuccessful just (as I see it from your view) because of Pandaren. And pretty sure MoP took that spot now.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I agree that this vocal minority for legacy servers is getting annoying, but Mists "failing" has nothing to do with the race it introduced. Judging an entire expansion on just a playable race is utter nonsense. Mists had its positives and negatives just like all the other expansions. Honestly, I find the "I've never played or even looked at Mists because pandas" crowd to be far more ignorant and annoying.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

I don't really care either way, but you didn't have to play a panda and you won't have to play on a legacy server, so why do you care?

I also take issue with the logic of your argument. You tell us that x=y then spend a lot of time telling us why y was terrible and then expect us to agree that yeas x must suck too. But the problem with that is x does not equal y, they are two totally unrelated things.

Goldfish = Spinach : I fucking hate spinach, it's the worst shit ever invented by god. Damn our parents for forcing it on us as children. Therefore goldfish suck.

How have you connected to two at all in your example?

Mists of Pandaria being hated on for the Pandaren was almost just trolling and meme spamming. It was stupid, and pointless to hate on an expansion because of a Race. Mists had its own issues and problems, and the least of them was the Pandaren race added.

The legacy server discussion is just a constant dick waving content of who can scream the loudest. It's annoying. We've all made our cases, all made our points clear, yet everyday someone has that weird feeling they can bring something new to the discussion, when they can't.

Legacy Servers aren't available, and may never be. If Blizzard decides to do that, good for those that want it, otherwise, I'd really like to see this Forum start to lock / ban people who constantly talk about it, because it's getting more annoying than any other topic right now.

Deleted
    The only reasons why I have only 1 pandaren character is that my character slots were already quite full and that you quest without a connection to a guild before you decide which faction to join. While I am not into furrys at all, I find the pandaren amusing, funny, somehow inspiring and generally quite positive. They surely make good buddys, so why be against them? Also, Worgen are much worse. They are incredibly ugly, especially the females, I hate their combat moves and the only good thing with them are the starting robes of the female clothies, so I got some for my collection and was done with that race. I made the great error to make a Worgen DK and played the character up to 100, but now he's parking in his garrison and if I ever find the time to play this character again, he will be racechanged to a human before I log in. What have I been thinking, playing an abomination... (fans of the old World of Darkness will know what I am talking about.)

I stopped reading when you called MoP the least successful expansion. Did you even Warlords, Brul?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The number of people wanting legacy servers is/was 100x or more the people wanting Pandaren. Those aren't really comparable at all, which is what you base your whole OP on.

Also, the request for legacy servers isn't really an inflated craze, the private vanilla, etc. servers have been around *since BC* privately. The only reason the topic made more news was because of Nostrailus being shut down.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Your own opinion I am sure.

I do recall the list of pandaren characters at one point was higher than three other races. And I wouldn't call Mists of Pandaria unsuccessful just (as I see it from your view) because of Pandaren. And pretty sure MoP took that spot now.
    It wasn't as high as High Elf, Naga and Ogre.

From polls it usually ended with High Elf > Naga > Ogre > Pandaren > etc
    But I personally think there'll never be a playable High Elf race, it'll probably be added as a sub-race.
    I can see Naga and Ogre happening doe.

MoP was not a failure other than in the minds of morons.

Pandaren WERE extremely requested as a playable race, there's a reason for why it started as a joke and became a huge part of the game. Spoiler: It was not because the developers saw that nobody wanted the race. 14 months of MoP's final patch hade a VERY solid retention rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    The ironic thing is that anyone who quit WoW because of pandas is actually an immature child, trying desperately to avoid things that would remind them of this fact.

And yes, Draenei are just as ridiculous as Pandaren if not more so. The reason people use this argument is because it's so clearly true... Yet people pretend it isn't.
    It was the actual kids who cried over loud for "childish" Pandas becoming playable. We adults didn't give a flying fuck. It's a fantasy game with lots of childish touch, so fucking what? I would classify the entirety of this "champion/hero/general" narrative that WoW story has as a sad example of child novel revolving around heroism, yet people love it so much.

--

OP, You step into the adulthood when you stop giving fucks to things that do not affect you son.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-10-24 at 12:29 PM.

Deleted
    MoP was one of the best expansions (if you throw out the PvP) in terms of content, world and yes, even lore. Yes, it wasn't Orcs vs. Humans at the start, which I quite liked tbh.
    Imo it's just sad, that so many morons banged on the Panda-Hatetrain just because of Pandas. Do I esp. like Pandas? Nope. Was their Continent and Lore interesting and different (to me)? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    MoP was not a failure other than in the minds of morons.

Pandaren WERE extremely requested as a playable race, there's a reason for why it started as a joke and became a huge part of the game. Spoiler: It was not because the developers saw that nobody wanted the race. 14 months of MoP's final patch hade a VERY solid retention rate.
    Are you really saying that a drop in 2.5m subs is not a failure? People who say that MoP wasn't a failure are fucking morons. The game lost a lot of subs, myself included during that time. One of the main reasons why I quit was because I detested the theme of the expansion and pandaren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    It wasn't as high as High Elf, Naga and Ogre.

From polls it usually ended with High Elf > Naga > Ogre > Pandaren > etc
    But I personally think there'll never be a playable High Elf race, it'll probably be added as a sub-race.
    I can see Naga and Ogre happening doe.
    Oh, I was talking about characters made.

As for High Elf, that would've been a tougher one than making a new race.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'd love to see a legacy server, but people are assuming that if they release them, someone won't immediately make a gearscore/ilvl addon and ruin it for everyone.

7+ Year Old Account

i agree that people who want to get legacy servers are getting a bit loud and extreme up to Blizzcon, but i don't see why you had to drag MoP into this I think it is a fine expansion and has little to do with the Legacy talk. I would think that very few people would want to swtich to MoP.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowTang View Post
    Are you really saying that a drop in 2.5m subs is not a failure? People who say that MoP wasn't a failure are fucking morons. The game lost a lot of subs, myself included during that time. One of the main reasons why I quit was because I detested the theme of the expansion and pandaren.
    14 months of that sub retention is not a failure. You being one of those who can't see beyond sub drop numbers doesn't change that fact. The game ALWAYS loses subs these days. In your genius little mind that means every expansion will be a failure. Clever!

MoP was not a failure. WoD was in terms of reception, but still earned them 800 million dollars so it wasn't exactly a financial failure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimtide View Post
    I'd love to see a legacy server, but people are assuming that if they release them, someone won't immediately make a gearscore/ilvl addon and ruin it for everyone.
    Just think about Vanilla raids with all our toptuned addons and experienced players People would be farming MC and BWL 2-3 weeks after getting lvl 60
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted

You know, Pandaria rates quite highly even in Mmo-champion's circlejerk polls about good expansions. It was a good expansion. Maybe you hated pixel pandas but then again, if you play for pixels and not for company, you know, for the other people, MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE BOIII, maybe you weren't the target audience. Maybe you aren't the target audience of WoW at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Okay, well WoD lost half of the playerbase and it was entirely made up of orcs, demons, and BC references

So I'm pretty sure the theme doesn't have that much to do with whether people like an expansion tbh.
    Indeed. Lack of content drives people away, and MoP had no shortage of content and dark themes. There's a reason for why the dev team wanted a return to the MoP patch-cycle model.