Deleted
    No idea if this has been done already, but are you able to get into Helheim after you done the quests? Don't know if there is any point looking in there...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karysva View Post
    No idea if this has been done already, but are you able to get into Helheim after you done the quests? Don't know if there is any point looking in there...
    yes you can, and its been searched to death

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaldwenDK View Post
    Yeah i think at this point we need a "leak" of some kind. One word or a map or something. Something subtle

- - - Updated - - -

And u dont want to seem entitled at all. Thats not what im aiming at. I think its just getting beyond a joke and the "treadure hunt" novelty has worn off
    i dont really see it as entitlement to want blizzard to either let us know if its bugged or even currently attainable, ie world boss we haven't seen, the archeology quest or too high AK level. They started before that they were all available in game in 7.0, but it turns out arms warr one was bugged and they said nothing, so its not unreasonable that frost dks want some confirmation. im not expecting them to tell us how to get it, just a "no its not bugged, you're not looking hard enough" or "its working, just not available yet" something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Basiun/simple

Is this someone who has unlocked it legit or bugged the appearance?
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnyr View Post
    Spending anywhere from 5-40 hours doing something that you could reasonably expect to finish only to have all of your work made pointless due to something outside of your control is incredibly frustrating. I don't really know what to say to you if you've never experienced that, except perhaps that you should find more things you care about enough to insert days of time into. Jesus Christ Snip!
    This is an optional, cosmetic skin. No one was asked to do anything. We KNEW that the enhancement weapon appearance came from a world boss. We knew the Fire weapon came from a random chanced suramar drop. We knew there were Rogue dagger that dropped randomly in a sewer. We KNEW there was a very good chance that our weapon was just going to be something predictable and dumb. When people took it upon themselves in these threads (this and the hook thread, both of which I've been in since the beginning) to put in all of these hours of work, they knew what they were getting into.

As I've said 50 times over the past month, if the weapon drops TOMORROW off of a world boss, there isn't a single person in here who has the right to be upset with blizzard over that. Frustrated and disappointed? Sure, but not towards the developers. It's not as though they've intentionally hidden our appearance away to be total douchebags and giggle at all of the salt flowing up out of these threads.

Come on dude, who are you defending. There are being in here bitching to the point of threatening to cancel their sub. OVER A FUCKING COSMETIC WEAPON APPEARANCE! Most of the people I know who have hidden appearances for their weapons have already transmogged them off anyway. We pay for access to their servers. Nothing else. As such we are free to stop paying whenever we are unhappy with that service. They dont OWE us shit.

Anyway, normally I wouldn't flood a thread out with offtopic bullshit, but it's not as though there's anything else going on in here anyway. If this all does end up being a bug, then yes as I've said before, get mad / upset / wounded / hurt whatever, but until then, let's stop pretending like we've been personally wronged in a fucking videogame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post

If it's not green, it's fake. That'd be fake.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post

if its not green, we have to assume fake

Look his Achievements : Feats of strength > Hidden potential

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathstrooke View Post
    Look his Achievements : Feats of strength > Hidden potential
    yeah that would mean he unlocked the UH or blood HAA and used the bug to show the frost one.

again, unless its green we have to assume its a fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    This is an optional, cosmetic skin. No one was asked to do anything.

As I've said 50 times over the past month, if the weapon drops TOMORROW off of a world boss, there isn't a single person in here who has the right to be upset with blizzard over that. Frustrated and disappointed? Sure, but not towards the developers.

We pay for access to their servers. Nothing else.

Anyway, normally I wouldn't flood a thread out with offtopic bullshit, but it's not as though there's anything else going on in here anyway. If this all does end up being a bug, then yes as I've said before, get mad / upset / wounded / hurt whatever, but until then, let's stop pretending like we've been personally wronged in a fucking videogame.

I've just taken the statements you've made which I find somewhat disagreeable. It's definitely true that we're only bothering to even talk about this because there isn't much worth in actually trying to advance theories on the HAA anymore, though.

While it may be true that this is optional and cosmetic, so is any piece of art one makes. If one spent many, many hours creating a painting, or a sketch, or a sculpture, or a clay pot, or whatnot...only to have all of their effort wasted in the end (someone comes and somehow ruins the piece), I think that they would be justifiably frustrated. It's a different question as to whether the art vandal should be punished and how, but its not at all to be unreasonable about optional and cosmetic things.

People should only be upset if a World Boss drops the weapon because it was a dumb choice for Blizzard to make HAAs WB-dependent in the first place. Doesn't take any skill or ingenuity to go kill a weekly boss. Its also bad design simply because it means that you could have players (like us) who waste hours upon hours searching for something which they can't attain now, but will attain basically for free later. Personally, though, I'll just be relieved that this is done.

We may pay just for access to their servers, contractually speaking, but the only reason we choose to pay is because we expect a certain quality of product. Its not required that Blizzard even have a bug team, but, if they didn't, they wouldn't have any customers either. The simple fact is that this is a pretty stupid move on Blizzards part. Why would Blizzard want customers to feel frustrated and cheated, as they could expect them too following this scandal? Even if the customers don't leave now (and they probably won't), they will be more likely to leave later simply because they now associative Blizzard's game with these sorts of feelings.

One can get wronged by people. It's not like the video game medium somehow stops people from being assholes, or removes common courtesy from the board. Of course we're not talking about violent assault or anything like that, but basically every other sort of assholery is perfectly possible within a video game.

But, yeah, meh. I'm just bored and love arguing. So feel free to ignore this if you don't feel the same. Lol.
    Last edited by Gungnyr; 2016-10-24 at 01:56 PM.

Anyone have a means to look at the actual environment models, specifically Tomb of Lost Kings up in Shields Rest? I'm curious if there's actual rooms behind the closed tombs. The one with that frost glow by the column as you enter the tomb specifically. The frost glow was still there on ptr as of last night. The non elite vrykul was still there, too.

On ptr I kept messing with him and the elites there, pulling them to the glowing area and killing them, etc, without any effect. Decided if I wanted to keep checking for interactions, I might want to see if there's anything behind the door to begin with.

Deleted
    HUGE FROST DK BUFF ON PTR / PATCH 7.1 !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYgELlabVAY

HUGE!

So im way behind you guys I just got enough research done to see the illidan getting his eyes burned out then the illidan battle where he gets defeated. (sorry im not good on Lore). I noticed you get a helm that detects demons upon completion. I used the ability in the class hall and the three demons in the corner appeared on the map. they had no special names etc. I cant help but wonder though if maybe we should be using this helm ability elsewhere maybe with one of our followers tagging along? (amal'thazad). Maybe you guys already tried this and I missed it but thought i would mention it.
    if not what would be some ideal places to try this?
    maybe we need to find the equivalent of these guys and freeze them? maybe they are symbolic? cant help but think they are linked to SOMETHING.
    Last edited by solaceofwinter; 2016-10-24 at 01:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n3cr0he11 View Post
    HUGE FROST DK BUFF ON PTR / PATCH 7.1 !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYgELlabVAY

HUGE!
    wrong thread buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnyr View Post
    But, yeah, meh. I'm just board and love arguing. So feel free to ignore this if you don't feel the same. Lol.
    Luko just likes telling everybody they're rabid animals, or witch hunters, or whatever when they show the slightest sign of frustration. The only point I'll side with him on is that Blizzard never told us the Frost HAA was "uber hidden, so go craft your crazy theories!". We, in our desperation, came up with crazy ideas because the obvious didn't work. I see that as half on them, and half on us; the inconsistency is on them. To make some cool hidden things like Arcane, Ret, or Kosumoth, but then make others super rare (or not check if they're bugged, and have a blue come out and say everything is working perfectly), but not intricately hidden, puts the idea in our head that ours may be like Ret or whatever. I have no problem with not everything being equal in the game, but it should be clear what's what.

Anyway, you say you like arguing, so feel free to keep at it, but know Luko is just getting his kicks off of ya.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sethanas View Post
    Anyone have a means to look at the actual environment models, specifically Tomb of Lost Kings up in Shields Rest?
    I've looked into it the best I could, and didn't come up with anything solid, or allowed by Blizz. (even the program I found won't let you see behind the world) There may be something out there, but I haven't found it. The WoW Model Viewer only works for things in the world, but not the world itself.

Deleted
    If our HAA trigger or HAA itself drop from future World Bosses I'll be OK with this, but... if drop from future raid bosses in ToV or Nighthold or even Kara - HELL NO !!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n3cr0he11 View Post
    If our HAA trigger or HAA itself drop from future World Bosses I'll be OK with this, but... if drop from future raid bosses in ToV or Nighthold or even Kara - HELL NO !!!!!
    well yeah,if its from a world boss, then blizzard were corrent that it is working and attainable in 7.0, becuase as far as i know they don't control the boss rotation, its just random, so if one doesn't spawn in 7.0 its not their fault and shouldn't be to blame imo. but if it is from 7.1 content then blizzard did lie.

After all these pages, my money is still on world boss or bug.
    i really dont think its from 7.1+ content, i believe it is in 7.0 content, just something we haven't seen yet, like one of the archaeology quests or a world boss. though if it was the archeology quest that is expected to be available in January, then blizzards claim of it being available in 7.0 are a little dubious because those quests are on a set rotation, so they would know it wouldn't be available until at least 7.1.

my money is still either on it being a world boss, or a bug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MilesofMachines View Post

I've looked into it the best I could, and didn't come up with anything solid, or allowed by Blizz. (even the program I found won't let you see behind the world) There may be something out there, but I haven't found it. The WoW Model Viewer only works for things in the world, but not the world itself.
    i guess you could private server / sandbox and noclip through the wall? seems like a lot of effort though

I spent quite a lot of my weekend parsing through various cache files trying to find possible objects to interact with and had no real luck.

I found no special objects in helheim, and no special npc's.
    I found 2 semi-special objects in stormheim, but both really seem to just be fluff, one being the cursed coins that have been mentioned quite a bit. The second is a forbidden tome which when interacted with summons an imp pet.
    Within the maw of souls I found nothing major out of the ordinary though I did see that there are something like 11 separate "trap door", one of them mispelled trao door objects. In my experience however none of them seemed interactable so I doubt they are anything major but I am not 100% confirmed on that.
    I found no special objects in the frostmourne cavern
    I found no special objects in Utgarde pinnacle

At this point my feeling is the following the HAA either
    1. Is reliant upon a higher AK than 10
    2. Is bugged
    3. Is based off some drop (World boss or otherwise)
    4. Doesn't start anywhere in stormheim (unless its a conversation with some NPC we just haven't tripped over)

Deleted
    If anyone search for our HAA please DONT DO THIS ON LIVE!!! Go to PTR - seems many things are fixed now, not to mention warr arms haa...

GO TO PTR - LIVE IS DEAD END FOR NOW

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    well yeah,if its from a world boss, then blizzard were corrent that it is working and attainable in 7.0, becuase as far as i know they don't control the boss rotation, its just random, so if one doesn't spawn in 7.0 its not their fault and shouldn't be to blame imo. but if it is from 7.1 content then blizzard did lie.

After all these pages, my money is still on world boss or bug.
    i really dont think its from 7.1+ content, i believe it is in 7.0 content, just something we haven't seen yet, like one of the archaeology quests or a world boss. though if it was the archeology quest that is expected to be available in January, then blizzards claim of it being available in 7.0 are a little dubious because those quests are on a set rotation, so they would know it wouldn't be available until at least 7.1.

my money is still either on it being a world boss, or a bug.

- - - Updated - - -

True enough, but I would hope they wouldn't have led us on with a seanmurryism like that. FYI, I have just coined and copyrighted "seanmurryism" to mean, "when you are so vague that you may be technically telling the truth, but deep down you know you are being disingenuous."

But back on topic: I have definitely spent my share of time doing weird, very unlikely stuff. Last night I bought a runeblade looking one-hander from the Ebon Blade vendor in the Shadowvault in Icecrown, took it back to the new Archeus and runeforged it. Didn't trigger anything with anyone, but it would have been pretty convoluted.

I've also been kneeling/afking in all the usual places until the ground froze to see if anything, but no to that as well. Two small things which are probably nothing:

1. It seemed like the ground-freezing thing wouldn't happen in front of the actual Lich King's throne in ICC. I both stood and kneeled in front of him and the effect didn't happen... or at least I never got the ice-breaking noise after moving.
    2. It seemed like the distance for zooming out in the ICC throne roof was larger than in the rest of the game, but that may be a total optical illusion since there is so little up there. I did notice that zooming out there were a lot of runes on the two poles that used to hold Bolvar in chains.

I have to say, it will be very disapointing if it is a world boss drop. Primarily because so much of the content for DKs has been so deep and awesome. After the let down that some of the class specific content seems phoned-in, the DK one seems like there were people who put a LOT of love into it. I feel like those people had to be involved in the HAA and it just doesn't make sense that they would cut a corner there and just make it a drop. Here's hoping that it will be something on-par with the Pally HAA.

In a strange way, I'm hoping tomorrow doesn't bring anything new (as in it was a bug). Unlike a lot of people on this thread, I actually LIKE the mystery. Y'all need to read Ready Player One, which is basically an entire book about exactly this kind of hunt in a video game (though at an even larger scale with a lot more riding on it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesofMachines View Post
    Anyway, you say you like arguing, so feel free to keep at it, but know Luko is just getting his kicks off of ya.
    I wouldn't say I'm getting my kicks off, but Gung is rather fun to debate with. He sort of represents a bit of logic in a thread that's been otherwise totally grasping at straws, even if we do view things subjectively different. As for the rabid animal comments, I was mostly referring to people like n3rc0he11 here, who likes to go totally nuclear mental every time he learns something. Showing frustration is fine, but people cancelling subs over this is just silly.

Anyway, I've been running around on the PTR, going over things we debunked weeks ago just in case a few of the better leads were indeed bugged. I still think it's going to end up being a world boss drop, but its one of those things I'd love to be wrong about. I haven't run any dungeons or raids, but I've been all over BI. Nothing new and exciting to report, sadly. AK 10.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is there a discord chat or something about this? If not I'll make it, I believe it'll help us coordinate our efforts. And maybe even form some in-game research and datamine teams.