Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    think of it like a sexual maneuver,

you go solo for many hours of labor, and then you put your heavy solo'd load up on the auction, and as soon as you hear the noise and get the message, you jizz in your pants.

That's what solo players enjoy, being only briskly frisked by the anonymous passerby upon a very labored, swollen, and needy wallet's lip by a name in a mailbox they can come to at leisure after any amount of anticipation up to 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    This is so not true. Yes, you can do a lot of easier conent without a guild but it's so much easier and more fun to do it with friends or people you at least know and can count on.

The bonus of more soloable content is that you still can play the game even if your friends aren't around. But still it's so much better to do with friends.

Personally, people I play with are the main reason I play WoW at all. If they weren't around I would have no reason to play at all (even if I do a lot of WoW activities on my own they are meaningless if I can't play with friends eventually)
    Yes of course it's more fun, we are fully aligned on this. But a lot of people have no guild because it's so easy to pug. There should be a way to make guilds more relevant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Yes of course it's more fun, we are fully aligned on this. But a lot of people have no guild because it's so easy to pug. There should be a way to make guilds more relevant.
    Why do you want to force people into guilds? How does it change your personal experience from the game? Because it never affected me at all. People seem to be to obsessed with trying to tell people how to enjoy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I just got done writing another post reply in another thread along these lines.

I think for a lot of us long-term players all that keeps us sticking around is loyalty to the story or the franchise rather than some deep-seated intrinsic desire for an massively multiplayer experience.

Since WOTLK I've had a large circle of real-life friends I used to play with slowly trickle off into pretty much just me. I'm in my mid-30's, working full time in an office job and not looking for more boring repetitious shit to do in front of a computer screen. If I come back it's for story. Leveling content, run a few lore-heavy dungeons a few times, wait until all wings of a Raid Finder dungeon are out and do it for the story...

I get the feeling I'm not alone in being like that. I certainly haven't been compelled to play more by Garrisons, Shipyards, Artifact Power bars or skinner boxes.
    Me too! Though I have two or three friends who play. WoW is still fun as a co-op RPG, but I would not play it solo. There are many far better single player RPGs.

I would not mind seeing WoW more like it once was, though, but that is mostly up to the community. Or perhaps Blizzard re-instating the game systems that enforced a better behaved community (no anonymous queueing, no name changing, fixed realms with no transfers (except in rare cases to balance population), far more encouragement to do group content etc).
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Why do you want to force people into guilds? How does it change your personal experience from the game? Because it never affected me at all. People seem to be to obsessed with trying to tell people how to enjoy stuff.
    They made the game too easy to pug. One click and you get a group. Which leads to players being lazy (some started to complain that mythic dungeons are not queueable and don't teleport you to the instance...). Lazy players tend to be very toxic. They leave at first wipe, etc. because they know they can find another group very easily. Full circle.

Remove queues and encourage people to get friends/guildies to go into dungeons/raids together. This would make guilds more relevant.

15+ Year Old Account
    They made the game too easy to pug. One click and you get a group. Which leads to players being lazy (some started to complain that mythic dungeons are not queueable and don't teleport you to the instance...). Lazy players tend to be very toxic. They leave at first wipe, etc. because they know they can find another group very easily. Full circle.

Remove queues and encourage people to get friends/guildies to go into dungeons/raids together. This would make guilds more relevant.
    People were as toxic and lazy in Vanilla as they are now. Making groups faster to make only mitigates it better.

Also, you cannot force ppl to make friends. By saying something like this you prove you have no idea about human psychic. Friendships are natural concept that cannot be forced in any way or form.

Deleted
    WoW is ded
    Its just diablo3 with bigger world now... the roleplay aspect is long LONG dead... the only goal is "get your items", just like in diablo3... maybe for a few its also "get world/realm first" in something that i really dont care about... and that current raid tier was cleared on the second day it was available (or something), isnt even speaking for wow or blizzard either...
    its a nice time waste, but nothing more then time waste... but thats the way todays games are...

maybe all that is the reason i never play each addon for longer then 2months... dont take me wrong, those two months are nice... but thats all... its nice...

On official forums I saw this thread:

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...page=3#post-42

and saw a blue answer in it. I expected Aerythlea to say that WoW is a MMO and content is mostly focused on group play but instead she answered :

"We're working on more activities tailored towards the solo-player. Details about solo-player activites coming in 7.1 will be revealed soon, stay tuned. "

I really don't get it. There are tons of single-player games out there and Blizzard is actually starting to cater to the people who ask for solo content in a MMORPG.

What's the point of playing a multiplayer online game if people are doing their stuff alone?
    Wait so because they are making things to do when there's nobody in your guild or friends list that wants to do anything wow is becoming a solo game?

What the trump is this?

Wow has always had solo content.
    I think its fine that they are dedicating some development hours to making the solo experience better.

Again you are saying that playing wow as a singe player game is boring like it is a fact when it is just your opinion. There are plenty of people out there who enjoy playing solo just because you can't seem to grasp that concept and seem to believe that because you find it boring and not worth everyone else must as well.

Quote Originally Posted by irollyo View Post
    Again you are saying that playing wow as a singe player game is boring like it is a fact when it is just your opinion. There are plenty of people out there who enjoy playing solo just because you can't seem to grasp that concept and seem to believe that because you find it boring and not worth everyone else must as well.
    Playing solo is not the main purpose of a MMORPG. The game is slowly shifting into that direction as those solo players are very vocal and demand that the game is tailored to them, which is very damaging for the game in the long term.

Solo players already have tons of single player games. Why asking Blizzard to transform WoW into another one?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    Me too! Though I have two or three friends who play. WoW is still fun as a co-op RPG, but I would not play it solo. There are many far better single player RPGs.

I would not mind seeing WoW more like it once was, though, but that is mostly up to the community. Or perhaps Blizzard re-instating the game systems that enforced a better behaved community (no anonymous queueing, no name changing, fixed realms with no transfers (except in rare cases to balance population), far more encouragement to do group content etc).
    I am with you just the same. I have been playing Warcraft games since "Warcraft: Orcs vs. Humans". I have been in school then, went through university and working now. Things change. For things social, I have my small guild of RL friends. For gaming, there is automatic matchmaking or things like that.

Pugging via the LFD tool is a bit problematic, though, because you just have too few categories. Yes, you can sort by dungeons and difficulty levels, but I miss details. Sometimes, the group description helps, but not always.

- - - Updated - - -

Then WoW would crash and burn. Show me a modern MMO game without automatic matchmaking.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Exactly. The kids who post here have no idea of Vanilla. In Vanilla you were grouped with other people from level 1 to level 60.
    That's utter bullshit. Hell, if you did quests or mob grinded as a group, you'd get less xp than if you solo'd stuff. So no, that's a complete lie. I leveled from 1-60 without grouping outside of the random elite quest or instance.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow when it comes to 80% of open world should be soloable not because it's hard, but because humans irl are selfish shitty ppl. Ask yourself, when you do any group content, do you think of the other players asppl or tools to get what you need done? When you make groups for dungeons raids or pvp, do u take ppl equal lower or higher then you off of thier number listed in the finder.

Blizzard needs to make wow a sandbox to an extent and for group things improve on guild,bnet and friends list. Fuck this whole unity on the server nonsense.

Ever since the days of Cross Realming content I have been a solo player. Always been part of a Guild, but only Casual ones. Once the addon OQeueue came along I resorted to that for all of my raiding/pugging needs. Then when WoD launched with the built in Pre-made finder I was full fledged solo. Clearing all the content except current tier Mythic raids. All while pugging, and with different people each week.. or so I think.

Granted this is not technically "solo" .. but still I am doing everything with different people each week. Every time I clear EN it is with different people. Mythic+ runs with different people.. Literally everything done through the Premade Finder. Only content I have yet to do is current tier Mythic Raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Not sure if you actually played in vanilla - people might have been "toxic and lazy" but that also meant they would be on most peoples ignore list - you had to act like a normal human being back then since your "reputation" actually mean something.
    Only when you weren't in a good guild. People in good guilds were toxic as hell, and if you dared to oppose them, you were the one getting an ignore and seeing your chances of getting a group go bye bye.

All Classic was, was sucking up to elitist jerks, hoping they would let you in. Oh, you could make your own group... and as soon as you got some gear in dungeons or raids and were ready to push on, the geared people would be poached by the elitist jerks (or turned out to be like that themselves and leave), so you could run the same stuff another 500 times with new, bad people.

And if you were good at sucking up, you could just AFK in Molten Core with 15 other people and no one would notice or care.

It's just more apparent now, because the elitist jerks get kicked from groups as we can so easily replace them and people don't play nice to suck up any more.

OT: Solo content is fine. There is plenty of content for people who like to group up, like Mythic+ and raids. They should add Mythic to LFD though, it's just stupid that content that's supposed to be as easy as former heroics isn't queue-able. So who cares that solo players get something to do, as well? They're really not going to take away your precious raids, don't worry

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I am with you just the same. I have been playing Warcraft games since "Warcraft: Orcs vs. Humans". I have been in school then, went through university and working now. Things change. For things social, I have my small guild of RL friends. For gaming, there is automatic matchmaking or things like that.

Pugging via the LFD tool is a bit problematic, though, because you just have too few categories. Yes, you can sort by dungeons and difficulty levels, but I miss details. Sometimes, the group description helps, but not always.

- - - Updated - - -

Then WoW would crash and burn. Show me a modern MMO game without automatic matchmaking.
    Show me a modern MMORPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Not sure if you actually played in vanilla - people might have been "toxic and lazy" but that also meant they would be on most peoples ignore list - you had to act like a normal human being back then since your "reputation" actually mean something.
    Couldn't agree more.

Deleted
    WoW has always had solo content. I don't think it's that bad yet, but they did add stuff that make it less social I suppose. LFD and LFR make the process quicker but less personal, so you meet less people you might want to play with again. I think it's a bit sad that some stuff has been lost but it's also very convenient to just click a couple of times and get queued for a dungeon or a raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by irollyo View Post

I will sound like an arrogant ass but the solo content of WoW is bad and boring. Its not even about opinion, its a fact. You may enjoy the overall warcraftian theme of the game but there are just way better games out there for every solo aspect of this game. The only redeeming factor about WoW has always been its endgame raids, thats where the developers actually try to put some development effort on their game and channel resources. The rest is the same bland garbage they have done for years (lol at those "world quests", just rehashed dailies). The game is still designed by people who are hardcore "raid or die" and they just consider the rest as an afterthought. The game fails as an RPG and MMO, its a world of raidcraft, solo content just sucks.

Lets just see this "amazing" solo content you people love:

-Pet battles: once again, why do you play a piss poor version of pokemon instead of the real deal? Whether you like pokemon or not, that game has way more substance than this gadget they call "pet battles" in WoW. Enjoy a lesser experience of something that you can get elsewhere

-Leveling: I'm sorry, what? Do you people actually pretend to consider the same old quest design for 5-10 years something good? Even now, 80% of the quests are "kill 10 dudes then kill the leader of the dudes", "collect 10 bear jaws" "bombard this area" "talk to this npc" "activate this object".They added some phasing to make it more story driven but the core of the quests is still the same uninspired, non epic shit.
    If you argue that the story is good, it doesn't matter because GAMEPLAY WISE you still do the same stupid hack n slashy quests. I don't care for a wall of text talking about druid lore if in the end its just filler to justify sending you to kill 50 things for the 1000th time. Again, how on earth could you even compare the leveling experience of an MMO with the adventure of good single player rpg? I doesn't even come close to it because the MMO design isn't able to immerse you in the story because you are one guy among many others doing the same content. Thus the reason why players have zero impact on the story, zero interaction, zero dialogues and choices, zero accountability for our actions. All the basics for a good RPG are not there.
    Also the leveling experience of WoW and most MMOs is an absolute joke compared to progressing through a real epic adventure of any good rpg/adventure game.

-Professions: there is not much to do and barely anything fun besides engineering. The rest is vastly combat oriented to boost, buff, assist. You barely have any customization, its bad, standard like most MMOs profession systems. I know solo games also tend to have bad profession design so its a deuce.

-Achievements: not gonna even bother to argue about those, they are only achievements in name, you can even do many of them without even trying, they will pop on your screen and promote self congratulation for nothing else than time wasted on meaningless titles. If there was actual innovative gameplay behind those, okay, buts its not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    I will sound like an arrogant ass but the solo content of WoW is bad and boring. Its not even about opinion, its a fact. You may enjoy the overall warcraftian theme of the game but there are just way better games out there for every solo aspect of this game. The only redeeming factor about WoW has always been its endgame raids, thats where the developers actually try to put some development effort on their game and channel resources. The rest is the same bland garbage they have done for years (lol at those "world quests", just rehashed dailies). The game is still designed by people who are hardcore "raid or die" and they just consider the rest as an afterthought. The game fails as an RPG and MMO, its a world of raidcraft, solo content just sucks.

Lets just see this "amazing" solo content you people love:

-Pet battles: once again, why do you play a piss poor version of pokemon instead of the real deal? Whether you like pokemon or not, that game has way more substance than this gadget they call "pet battles" in WoW. Enjoy a lesser experience of something that you can get elsewhere

-Leveling: I'm sorry, what? Do you people actually pretend to consider the same old quest design for 5-10 years something good? Even now, 80% of the quests are "kill 10 dudes then kill the leader of the dudes", "collect 10 bear jaws" "bombard this area" "talk to this npc" "activate this object".They added some phasing to make it more story driven but the core of the quests is still the same uninspired, non epic shit.
    If you argue that the story is good, it doesn't matter because GAMEPLAY WISE you still do the same stupid hack n slashy quests. I don't care for a wall of text talking about druid lore if in the end its just filler to justify sending you to kill 50 things for the 1000th time. Again, how on earth could you even compare the leveling experience of an MMO with the adventure of good single player rpg? I doesn't even come close to it because the MMO design isn't able to immerse you in the story because you are one guy among many others doing the same content. Thus the reason why players have zero impact on the story, zero interaction, zero dialogues and choices, zero accountability for our actions. All the basics for a good RPG are not there.
    Also the leveling experience of WoW and most MMOs is an absolute joke compared to progressing through a real epic adventure of any good rpg/adventure game.

-Professions: there is not much to do and barely anything fun besides engineering. The rest is vastly combat oriented to boost, buff, assist. You barely have any customization, its bad, standard like most MMOs profession systems. I know solo games also tend to have bad profession design so its a deuce.

-Achievements: not gonna even bother to argue about those, they are only achievements in name, you can even do many of them without even trying, they will pop on your screen and promote self congratulation for nothing else than time wasted on meaningless titles. If there was actual innovative gameplay behind those, okay, buts its not.
    I would also add PVP and now Mythic+ to raiding,as endgame content, but i do absolutely agree with the rest of your post.