Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Announcing Legacy servers would be tantamount to saying Legion failed so I doubt they'll make much of a mention of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they ignore the questions or just give a nice one off PR friendly answer cause fuck off with that stuff, I'm on board with the idea if people want them but I want the majority of the questions and answers to go towards current and future content not some nostalgia circle jerk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Exactly. Thank you.

It is like some people have turned off their thinking and logical skills to defend Legion because there is a chance vanilla servers might be popular? I doubt vanilla servers would be more popular than live servers, but there will be a lot of interest if they do come.

- - - Updated - - -

Vanilla professions were bad but they are at least better than what Legion provides. So all the "bad things" about vanilla are still upgrades from Legion if you logically think about it.
    But many people have already experinced the "bad" professios in Vanilla. The reason why Legion is somewhat better, is that the things in Legions profession system have not becomed shiningly clear yet.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I'd much rather have them spend the time on talking about things that are relevant to the actual, current game. Using especially an extended amount of time for something like legacy servers seems like a massive waste for the vast majority of players.
    This. Let's face it, even if people want Legacy servers, the vast VAST majority of WoW fans are NOT stuck in 2004. We are looking for news that affect the game we play, not "news" concerning content from 2004...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Announcing Legacy servers would be tantamount to saying Legion failed so I doubt they'll make much of a mention of it.
    Especially when Legion seems like a huge succes.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    No it doesn't...it Says people like a different game that blizzard doesn't supply anymore? the fuck is up with this Legion Vs Vanilla bullshit...

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Like a pve progression race where you have to beat the whole game! That sounds so awesome to me. But if they just make a classic server, that sounds pretty pointless.
    THAT sounds awesome, especially for times when Live is between a final patch of an expansion and the next expansion's pre-patch! But alas, that wouldn't sit well with the Legacy crowd I'm willing to bet...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This. Let's face it, even if people want Legacy servers, the vast VAST majority of WoW fans are NOT stuck in 2004. We are looking for news that affect the game we play, not "news" concerning content from 2004...
    Wow current fans probably, but what about former ones ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Exactly. Thank you.

It is like some people have turned off their thinking and logical skills to defend Legion because there is a chance vanilla servers might be popular? I doubt vanilla servers would be more popular than live servers, but there will be a lot of interest if they do come.

- - - Updated - - -

Vanilla professions were bad but they are at least better than what Legion provides. So all the "bad things" about vanilla are still upgrades from Legion if you logically think about it.
    3 drops per boss on a 40 man raid where the loot pool is a hundred items

yea that doesnt sound like RNG at all

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    Wow current fans probably
    Duh?

And "former" (many never even played Classic when relevant) fans have been so toxic and obnoxious about the whole thing that I honestly couldn't care less what they want. They can move on and find other games more catered to their "needs", that's what most people do when something stops appealing to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    3 drops per boss on a 40 man raid where the loot pool is a hundred items

yea that doesnt sound like RNG at all
    It's still better than what you have on legion.

Duh?

And "former" fans have been so toxic and obnoxious about the whole thing that I honestly couldn't care less what they want. They can move on and find other games more catered to their "needs", that's what most people do when something stops appealing to them.
    Please don't forget that wow is currently what it is because a very vocal portion of the playerbase in TBC and vanilla complained they couldn't progress solo, that the game was too hard for them and the progress was too slow. Where a lot of players back then were very happy with wow and people kept coming to the game.

And I can see plenty of " toxic and obnoxious" players on the current wow community. Calling people toxic because they want to play the game they used to like doesn't seem to be a very healthy thing.

The game stopped catering to us when activision blizzard took a u turn during the 3.0 patch and tryed to catter mostly to solo players.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-10-24 at 02:20 PM.

Deleted
    I'm very excited about this Blizzcon only because of legacy servers.

The more World of Warcraft "goes forward" the more different from the vanilla/TBC experience it gets.
    Too many changes were made that can no longer be undone.

Thats the main reason why i am excited about legacy. To play a version of the game that i actually like.
    I love Agrro management, mana management, hybrid talents, server community, no LFG, no LFR, no transmog.
    I loved all of that and is never coming back because of the streamline of WoW.

Deleted
    Wow current fans probably, but what about former ones ?
    fuk em =))))

I only care about seeing pre-Cata zones again, I can't say I understand those who want the pure vanilla experience back. I'd much prefer a Wrath legacy, vastly improved class balance but pre-revamp.

As far as it being a focus point, even though it's something I'd like, I'd prefer they delegate resources on making current content more alt/casual/solo friendly.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    200k+ signs says otherwise.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Fight me
    How many of those 200k were duplicates or people just signing for whatever reason. Secondly 200k out of let's say 5 million is only 0.04% (even less since there's more than 5 million subs). There's nothing really to fight about.

The more and more I read comments about why people want Legacy servers just reminds me of memberberries and how rose-tinted people can be.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2016-10-24 at 02:24 PM.

I fail to see where in vanilla was the worse RNG. You knew exactly what dropped where and once you got the item you were sure it had the best ilvl you could possibly get.
    Did you play back then? I can't see how you'd even question it. You could go months raiding the same bosses, and not get a drop your class could use - or lose out to someone with more DKP. The small amount of loot, for 40 people, on a random drop basis was horrible compared to now.

Legacy servers: Why can't I fly?
    Where are my achievements?
    Where are my battle pets?
    Why do I need a key to get into this dungeon?
    Why why why?

Vanilla really wasn't that great in my opinion. Constant server crashes and lag. Of course they'd have that taken care of this time around but still. For all the threads about flying alone I could see people who never played vanilla complaining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I wouldn't doubt if half to two-thirds of them are the same person with alt accounts. Secondly, the people asking the question is probably what 5% of the entire community? So what they *think* is important the other 95% could care less.
    To be fair the same could be said about the elemental shamans crying about their spec being bad. Some people just find the idea of legacy servers very interesting. I can't for the life of me understand why people are so hateful towards it. In my opinion all questions about class balance are a waste for such an event. Now if you would ask them about transparency and their stance toward player feedback, that would bring up a meaningful discussion. I mean honestly, if you ask to buff your class, what do you think they are going to answer? "We've heard you and there's something real nice coming up in the next patch."

Now, for something like legacy servers. Blizzard hasn't said anything about legacy since the Nostalrius visit, But Nostalrius said Blizzard has contacted them since. That's why people want to hear from Blizzard. How is that bad and unfair?

I fail to see where in vanilla was the worse RNG. You knew exactly what dropped where and once you got the item you were sure it had the best ilvl you could possibly get.
    Let's take legendaries as an example since people like to cry about legendary RNG.

In vanilla there are only 2 legendaries and if you play one of the classes that can use them then have fun farming that lower than legion legendary drop chance just to get one piece of your legendary, then you still have to keep farming for the next. There are people who have farmed MC every week for years without getting even one of the two legendaries available there. But every single legion player will get at least one legendary and it won't take years. You know exactly where to get items in legion as well.

If you want endgame gear do endgame content, yes if you are lucky you can get endgame gear from the easiest content but that's a nice bonus not a way to farm endgame gear.

In Legion you can get competitive by playing casually in vanilla you will probably never replace your blues by playing casually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I only care about seeing pre-Cata zones again, I can't say I understand those who want the pure vanilla experience back. I'd much prefer a Wrath legacy, vastly improved class balance but pre-revamp.

As far as it being a focus point, even though it's something I'd like, I'd prefer they delegate resources on making current content more alt/casual/solo friendly.
    More casual/alt/solo friendly? This is exactly why so many players want vannila back beocuse how stupidly easy game have become. You literaly finish entire game content solo. In moment you start cuttering game for alts you also cutter game for mains. Your main experiece will be hollow becouse nothing what you did on your main matter as you alt can just snowball trough it on your alt. And Legion is most casual expansion ever released. you have *** leg drops drom faceroll world Q how excalty can game become more casual than this?
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2016-10-24 at 02:29 PM.