Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lavaalamp View Post
    true it is just a game, but a game that requires work/effort, like life. do you think Billy the boar slayer deserves a super powerful weapon like val'anyr for free or should he actually play/work for it? what it comes down to is removing the value of items if billy the boar slayer can do nothing and get everything.
    Possibly but value is defined by the individual not the masses, so the point does really lose its value. Yes there should be unique and rare items, that gives the differences.

But general gear like from WQ and Dungeons, its run of the mill and generic stat and appearance wise, having it go higher ilvl wise harms nothing.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Low post count: check
    Controversial topic using the word casuals: check
    OP doesn't post again: check

Good ol shit-posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    Ok correction. They pay and the same right to loot as you do. Better? I think you know what I meant and the fact that you chose to point it out proves more about you then me.
    They already have the same right to the loot, whether or not they want to actually put in any effort for it lies with them not the game. I get the whole casually playing the game but if you don't even have the time to do at the very least 1 dungeon a day for dungeon equivalent loot then you obviously don't really have the time to really be playing the game anyways.

Plus if somebody doesn't even have the time to do that single dungeon, they most likely don't even have the time to do anything that blizzard might end up adding in the first place.

Unless blizzard starts handing out free gear for just logging in which would destroy a lot of aspects of the game.

Deleted
    this OP here is an proper hardcore WoW player

Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post
    *yawn*

First rule a true elite player learns...care about your own skill and gear, let your officers worry about everyone, and don't spend cycles on what other people do.

If Blizzard made raiding gear have a "raid power" stat and it was blues instead of purples, but was 25% better for raiding but 15 ilvls less than "world" gear, world you care if "casuals" were getting decked out in purples?

If you think being elitist makes you elite, you a poser, and an insecure one at that.
    If anything, "elite" players prefer to have less gear when they kill a boss. No prestige in killing something with a raid average ilvl 20 more than someone else.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrock08 View Post
    I think the point of this thread wasnt that people shouldnt have character progression, it is that people are complaining that they are not getting the exact same progression and loot that people participating in the main stay of the MMORPG WoW (dungeons and raids) and expecting to be given the same level loot through world questing. How can anyone expect to progress in the same fashion (high ilvls of gear) as another when one progresses through content while the other forcefully stagnates themselves to one portion of the game? If you choose to not do dungeons/raids/grouping content, then you are choosing a different and slower method of character progression plane and simple.
    Forever this^^^

Quote Originally Posted by hammbone View Post
    Why do casuals need gear?
    Same reason as why mythic raiders need gear. Progression of character. They don't need it to tackle content, yet they get it. Same for every other player, including casuals.

All you mythic raiders make it seem like the only reason you even raid is for the epic loots; as if you don't even actually enjoy the gameplay. I think that is why you guys are so scared about change, that you or most of your friends would just stop raiding because they only did it for the gear. Also I am curious how many people would still raid if it wasn't the best option for gear. Raiding might actually be hurting the game really, pushing players into gameplay they don't want to do but making them do it anyways by danging gear infront of them.

Realistically the players who don't raid or dungeon don't need loot beyond 850. They should be playing single player RPG's since this games focus is raids and dungeons. But Blizzard is a business and if you want to keep getting raids and dungeons then these players need a reason to stay subscribed.

Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post
    *yawn*

First rule a true elite player learns...care about your own skill and gear, let your officers worry about everyone, and don't spend cycles on what other people do.

If Blizzard made raiding gear have a "raid power" stat and it was blues instead of purples, but was 25% better for raiding but 15 ilvls less than "world" gear, world you care if "casuals" were getting decked out in purples?

If you think being elitist makes you elite, you a poser, and an insecure one at that.
    Amen to this right here!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garybear View Post
    All you mythic raiders make it seem like the only reason you even raid is for the epic loots; as if you don't even actually enjoy the gameplay. I think that is why you guys are so scared about change, that you or most of your friends would just stop raiding because they only did it for the gear. Also I am curious how many people would still raid if it wasn't the best option for gear. Raiding might actually be hurting the game really, pushing players into gameplay they don't want to do but making them do it anyways by danging gear infront of them.
    Mythic raider here, your conclusion is wrong both in regards to myself AND most of the people I've ever raided with. Loot whores have always been frowned upon in guilds that value a stable environment without drama and the progression Mythic raiders above all don't tolerate that shit. So... try again.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syfy View Post
    Why are you ranting? Because you are the casual secretly? Ilv 855 is nothing to brag about, it's actually a "casual" ilv...
    I said that. I am casual and im contrasting myself to those who are entitled. I don't want to do anything more than what I'm doing. I'm not bragging about my ilvl. The person I was quoting made the argument that casual players can't do Kara. I'm casual as fuck. Last week I logged maybe 4-5 hours on my single day off. Nothing is stopping players from entering kara but themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Low post count: check
    Controversial topic using the word casuals: check
    OP doesn't post again: check

Good ol shit-posting.
    I've replied about a dozen times?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Because without a somewhat constant trickle of incremental gear upgrades in this game, character "progression" stagnates, the false sense of accomplishment fades, players lose interest, and subs decline. I personally don't think someone who only does casual solo content "needs" or "deserves" anything higher than an item level in the low 850's, either, but these players likely make up a huge chunk of the game, so they still need a proverbial carrot on a stick dangled before them as new content updates are released.

I'm speaking, of course, about mechanisms for continued gear progression as the expansion moves on -- not a way to cater to the masses by giving away ilvl 880 gear during the first raid tier. For anyone who's stagnated in the 850 bracket in current content, that's just your gear ceiling until 7.1. But if there are no opportunities for upgrades for these players in 7.1 and 7.2, then Blizzard is only asking to drive them away.
    I don't mind if my gearscore is somehow below that of a raider if I don't raid and don't run hardcore dungeon progression content like mythic+. But I need some sense of progression regardless of that. Or make it possible for me to get to the gearscore of a raider, but make me work longer for that (like buying some gear quality items with valor in the past, which was speeding up gearing for raiders, because they had additional sources of loot from raid bosses, and were the only source of raid gear for other players if PvP gear is not in the picture).

Upgradable crafted items could be the perfect solution to that, if done with reason. Or upgradable gear in general, no matter which source. Just make it so, that your upgrades take longer than getting gear in raids, but not so long that the timeframe would make the upgrade obsolete.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    this OP here is an proper hardcore WoW player
    read my posts. I'm casual. The difference is I'm not entitled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Realistically the players who don't raid or dungeon don't need loot beyond 850. They should be playing single player RPG's since this games focus is raids and dungeons. But Blizzard is a business and if you want to keep getting raids and dungeons then these players need a reason to stay subscribed.
    I am not a single player. I do content with guild members, I do plenty of automatic matchmaking content, and frequently group up for quests and world bosses on more than one character. I just don't like to be forced into groups on schedule (and often cannot even manage this, working in an advertising agency with sometimes unpredictable work hours), thus I do not run organised group content.

If anything, i see some kind of point with OP post.

It's basically the same as "i raid only normal because it takes less time and now i'm capped at XYZ item level, i would like it to be higher/get more rewards from the same content".

I'm not supporting the whole "casual scrub" thing because i think it's simply toxic for the game and community. But i think many players are just entitled for no reason.

If you reach the reward cap of the world quests, this means you have cleared that content. There is other content you can do for better rewards and it's there available to you. Plus Blizzard has put a lot of tools to ease the issues in finding groups to tackle the first levels of istanced contents (LFR, LFD).

But no. You (generic "you") are very comfortable in doing your current content because it fits you very well, and it's easy and fast and most important FARMABLE with no issues. So instead of step up your gameplay, you want more stuff out of content you have already finished. Which sounds pretty much a tantrum to me.

WoW has lots of things to do; obviously everyone looks at the more powerful items because they are what makes you progress. So instead of asking for better rewards from the same old things, actually do new content.

You need to realize you're "done" and finished the content you feel good for you and move on. It's like asking for the Bowser fight after doing X times the first level of super Mario World, because you've beaten it a lot of times and now you can do it very easily. Guess what, you have to play the other levels. You want better rewards, you do the things needed to get them. It's easy.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I don't mind if my gearscore is somehow below that of a raider if I don't raid and don't run hardcore dungeon progression content like mythic+. But I need some sense of progression regardless of that. Or make it possible for me to get to the gearscore of a raider, but make me work longer for that (like buying some gear quality items with valor in the past, which was speeding up gearing for raiders, because they had additional sources of loot from raid bosses, and were the only source of raid gear for other players if PvP gear is not in the picture).

Upgradable crafted items could be the perfect solution to that, if done with reason. Or upgradable gear in general, no matter which source. Just make it so, that your upgrades take longer than getting gear in raids, but not so long that the timeframe would make the upgrade obsolete.
    Great ideas! I do believe that every single player should progress. But when it's the same progress for less effort it devalues the whole game. If I could make 30/hr flipping burgers I'd quit my job in quality control that simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    bcs wow is GAME m8...not rl thing...

Deleted
    1.They don't need it, thex want it.

2.If you have nothing to do in WoW you stop playing WoW. That seems to be alright with you but Blizz doesn't make money that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lavaalamp View Post
    true it is just a game, but a game that requires work/effort, like life. do you think Billy the boar slayer deserves a super powerful weapon like val'anyr for free or should he actually play/work for it? what it comes down to is removing the value of items if billy the boar slayer can do nothing and get everything.
    Well, the thing is that i dont really care if Billy has a Broadsword +2 (ilvl 895) ..

So why not just let the loreheavy weapons, the cosmetics and the mounts/achievs be incentive enough?.. its possible to find a middle road here

I dont give 2 shits about someone having higher ilvl than me from some random sources, rng has always been present, IN raids aswell, ive seen so much plate drop and so little leather for my rogue..

Just make it so that Val'anyr (as by your example) is the same ilvl, but looks cooler.. that'd be fair and enough for me.

Deleted
    With that logic, why does anyone need gear?