Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalec View Post
    Illidan has literally "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

Something is fishy to be honest.
    But wouldn't you be dissapointed if he didnt? I sure would be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Actimel View Post
    But wouldn't you be dissapointed if he didnt? I sure would be.
    Don't get me wrong, I am all for the catchphrase, and despite becoming a meme at this point, I loved how it was used in the Harbinger videos twice because the context required that. However, we have no idea of the context here, so it surely does sound fishy to include it without one.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    The scepter of Sargeras says that he gazed into "the eye of Azeroth" and lost his mind, became obsessed and irrational. Now, if it was the Old god that gazed back at him or a Titan, that's just speculation.

From the looks of it Gul'dan will become the Avatar of Sargeras on mythic difficulty.
    The exact text:

Soon after the War of the Ancients, Sargeras had a vision: the Well of Eternity imploded once again, but this time, it dragged him down to the very core of Azeroth. He was there for only an instant, but in that moment, he saw Azeroth's slumbering world-soul--and in that moment, the world-soul opened one eye and gazed at the Dark Titan. He was enraptured.

Since then, the eye of Azeroth's world-soul has not been far from his thoughts. He commanded the eredar who forged the scepter to crown it with that lone, wondrous orb. Next to it, the eredar placed two nathrezim wings, a testament to Sargeras's conception of the world-soul: corrupted, demonic, and most importantly, his.
    Not really getting any insanity vibes from this, or any kind of sex/love for Azeroth that people have been saying. He's obsessed with Azeroth and wants to corrupt it. Which is different from literally every other bit of lore that says Sargeras wants to specifically destroy Azeroth and not exploit it as a weapon, but whatever, it's not entirely contradictory depending on how you interpret the paragraph since destroy/corrupt with fel might not necessarily be mutually exclusive.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2016-10-24 at 09:17 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    I mean these are very obviously not fake.

- - - Updated - - -

Azeroth is a she. Stop trying to shoe horn Sylvanas into every god damn theory.
    As annoying as that amount of fanboyism is, he says this in the Horde version of the "boy king" quote. Thus, the facts that:

a) he did not utter this in a general, non-faction quote and
    b) the quote's Alliance counterpart talks about the faction leader (de jure Anduin, no?), which in the Horde's case is a "she"

make the Sylvanas interpretation very compelling -- in fact, much more compelling than the Azeroth interpretation considering the bit about death claiming all (a prevalent fear of Sylvanas).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaichu View Post
    As annoying as that amount of fanboyism is, he says this in the Horde version of the "boy king" quote. Thus, the facts that:

a) he did not utter this in a general, non-faction quote and
    b) the quote's Alliance counterpart talks about the faction leader (de jure Anduin, no?), which in the Horde's case is a "she"

make the Sylvanas interpretation very compelling -- in fact, much more compelling than the Azeroth interpretation considering the bit about death claiming all (a prevalent fear of Sylvanas).
    Do you have any idea what thread you are in? This is not a thread about the quotes from the Eye boss. Your Sylvanas fanboism is showing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    Under the context in makes perfect sense, Sargeras plans to woe Azeroth.
    Except Azeroth is the world in question. Her waiting for death to inherit herself is as far from perfect sense as you can get. The same applies to the idea she'd be wooed by exterminating all life on her.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-10-24 at 03:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Your pathetic horde will fall to dust in the end death will inherit this world, and she will be waiting"
    idk about you guys, but that is clearly a reference to sylvanas' "in the end, death claims us all"

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Anduin Wryyn is going to get it and the fact the glowing light on the blade disappears, is kinda telling that he's done for.
    We only saw what Anduin have blade in comic. And does'nt make sense - how they recover it from Broken Shore? And why then blade glowing again in comic? I still believe what blade keep lying on Broken Shore. If it is i have question - why Blizzard didn't gave blades to fury warriors? Considering what they gave true Horde weapon like Doomhammer to Alliance players. Varian may be dead but his story is not over.

PS Besides we still didn't saw his new ingame model what Blizzard told during Legion announce back in 2015.
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2016-10-24 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    We only saw what Anduin have blade in comic. And does'nt make sense - how they recover it from Broken Shore? And why then blade glowing again in comic? I still believe what blade keep lying on Broken Shore. If it is i have question - why Blizzard didn't gave blades to fury warriors? Considering what they gave true Horde weapon like Doomhammer to Alliance players. Varian may be dead but his story is not over.

PS Besides we still didn't saw his new ingame model what Blizzard told during Legion announce back in 2015.
    1. They likely sent SI.7 rogues to steal the blades from the shore. Don't worry about that.

2. Because there are more powerful weapons that shalamayne?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    why Blizzard didn't gave blades to fury warriors?
    they didnt because the blade is back in wrynn hands.
    the comic is canon, the blade got recovered, end of story.

stop trying to bend the story and bring varian back, its not happening.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Except Azeroth is the world in question. Her inheriting herself is as far from perfect sense as you can get. The same applies to the idea she'd be wooed by exterminating all life on her.
    I feel it's more likely that Azeroth is more fascinated by all the life on..........................her body?(I dunno >.>) that she refuses to wake up.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    they didnt because the blade is back in wrynn hands.
    the comic is canon, the blade got recovered, end of story.

stop trying to bend the story and bring varian back, its not happening.
    Having enchanting dust as a boss would be a fresh idea though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    "Your pathetic horde will fall to dust in the end death will inherit this world, and she will be waiting"
    idk about you guys, but that is clearly a reference to sylvanas' "in the end, death claims us all"
    I mean, you would have to be insanely delusional to think its NOT Sylvanas, considering it's the counterpart of the Anduin line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Something like that. IIRC it said he was "enthralled" by looking Azeroth into it's eyes?
    Ugh, unfortunately yes. Worst bit of lore in Legion, imo.

Does anyone else find it strange how the Burning Legion/Old Gods(?) view Anduin? For example:the Dreadlord in the Anduin comic tries to convince Anduin to surrender to/join the legion; Guldan refers to Anduin bowing to the Legion (why would the Legion not just slaughter Stormwind?); and Il'gynoth refers to the "boy-king serving at the master's table." (This assumes boy king refers to Anduin). I just do not see why the Legion would bother with Anduin/Stormwind, especially if the Legion is so vast that Stormwind is inconsequential. Moreover, I cannot think of any similar offers made to the Horde or other Alliance leaders.

Perhaps it is a play on Anduin being perceived as a weak pacifist that eventually will roll over, but it seems inconsistent for the Legion to care.

Deleted
    Sylvanas working for Legion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maculo View Post
    Does anyone else find it strange how the Burning Legion/Old Gods(?) view Anduin? For example:the Dreadlord in the Anduin comic tries to convince Anduin to surrender to/join the legion; Guldan refers to Anduin bowing to the Legion (why would the Legion not just slaughter Stormwind?); and Il'gynoth refers to the "boy-king serving at the master's table." (This assumes boy king refers to Anduin). I just do not see why the Legion would bother with Anduin/Stormwind, especially if the Legion is so vast that Stormwind is inconsequential. Moreover, I cannot think of any similar offers made to the Horde or other Alliance leaders.
    Other than the fact that Anduin apparently is pretty powerful, seemingly having no trouble of one-shotting a Dreadlord, and supposed to be one of the future leaders of the Army of the Light? Yeah, I wonder why they want to corrupt him...
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    The exact text:

Not really getting any insanity vibes from this, or any kind of sex/love for Azeroth that people have been saying. He's obsessed with Azeroth and wants to corrupt it. Which is different from literally every other bit of lore that says Sargeras wants to specifically destroy Azeroth and not exploit it as a weapon, but whatever, it's not entirely contradictory depending on how you interpret the paragraph since destroy/corrupt with fel might not necessarily be mutually exclusive.
    I think it comes from the wording. "enraptured", her not being far from his thoughts, and him making her "his", plus birthing her to just corrupt her.
    It's definitely different from Sargeras's usual goal which was to destroy all life and all world souls. So it does seem like he's got a boner for Azeroth and wants her to be his companion in his Burning Crusade.

It sounds to me that Illidans body is being used as sargera's avatar after all.

Aren't those "from Burning Crusade but slightly different" quotes from the Illidan Xe'ra questline already in the game, where you relive the assault on the Black Temple?
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.