10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The only hostility Republicans have toward Latinos, is toward the illegal Latinos. We love the ones that came here the right way and followed the law and contribute to the success of our nation
    That would be news to me, seeing as I've seen a lot of hatred towards even legals because they assume they are illegal. Also hate that they speak Spanish privately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    And the legal don't like being profiled as illegal based on race, which a lot of shitty people do. Like Joe Arpaio. So when Republucans stop doing that and tearing families up by deporting some, then you may get hispanucs as a base
    People who immigrated through legal methods dont get deported. If a family is torn up because some of them got deported, then they didnt all come here legally. Its not our job to keep families together, its our job to make sure only people who are supposed to be here, are here

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Sooo now you're criticizing her for being a public defender?
    As the saying always goes, "only the shitty lawyers become public defenders because they cant get hired anywhere else" Nobody wants to work for the shitty pay that a public defender gets compared to working in a private firm unless they have no other choice. Especially since they have to pay off their student loans

10+ Year Old Account
    People who immigrated through legal methods dont get deported. If a family is torn up because some of them got deported, then they didnt all come here legally. Its not our job to keep families together, its our job to make sure only people who are supposed to be here, are here
    You heard it here first. Orlong is anti family! Yeah, only die hard right wingers are that heartless dude

10+ Year Old Account
    The last nail in the coffin was when Trump was saying that one judge of Mexican heritage shouldn't be on his case because y'know reasons and hivemind etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    A judge cannot appoint private attorneys to represent people unless they are a public defender. I would NEVER work as a public defender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Washington Post
    In 1975, Clinton — then Hillary Rodham — was a 27-year-old law instructor running a legal aid clinic at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville. After a 41-year-old factory worker was accused of raping a 12-year-old girl, he asked the judge to replace his court-appointed male attorney with a female one. The judge went through the list of a half-dozen women practicing law in the county and picked Clinton. She has said she was not thrilled with the assignment but felt she had little choice but to take the court appointment — which the prosecutor in the case confirmed to CNN.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ton-rape-case/

Well, too bad she wasn't a public defender. Too bad the judge didn't just let her decline. She didn't have those luxurious options you speak of.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 hours and 30 minutes of Trump vs. Clinton, and not a single question about climate change. How the fuck does that happen?

In what is possibly Trump's single most disqualifying position (the idea that climate change is a hoax), and we get nothing? No defense of that position?

The media must really be in the tank for Trump.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Even though he was born and raised in the midwest his genetics were going to rig the trial against Trump. Just like the media playing his statements on the news is rigging this election against him.
    "How is that racist?" - Trump supporters

Also most Hispanics who came here legally and are eligible to vote are very conservative, and they are also just as angry about illegal immigration as natural born citizens because they came here the right way and jumped through all of the hoops, while the illegals just come in and dont have to do anything to be here
    But that's the problem, Trump isn't an actual conservative in the sense the term has been traditionally politically used. He's also courted the racist vote, flirting the line a few times because that contingent is part of his base and he knows it. That they agree that illegal immigration is an issue but its not a guarantee that it will bring in that vote, especially as Trump's approach to it revolves around an impractical construction project of dubious efficiency that won't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    4 hours and 30 minutes of Trump vs. Clinton, and not a single question about climate change. How the fuck does that happen?

In what is possibly Trump's single most disqualifying position (the idea that climate change is a hoax), and we get nothing? No defense of that position?

The media must really be in the tank for Trump.
    I'm almost certain a question was brought up about how he views climate change as a conspiracy made by china or some shit. But of course he ignored it and started talking about ISIS or emails

And Hillary wants to bring back fracking. Both of them are horrible on climate issues and the media (and public) is equally culpable for not holding them to task. I'm surprised at how unimportant the entire issue has been in this election

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    And Hillary wants to bring back fracking.
    How do you bring back something that never left?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    The only hostility Republicans have toward Latinos, is toward the illegal Latinos.
    So Trump's attitude about the American judge of Mexican decent, a legal Latino in every sense of the word, is based on...um...

Hey, remember when Trump said Rubio and Cruz weren't American citizens?

Trump heads the Republican party by their own choosing. When the head of the party says things like this, sorry, but that kind of deflates your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    And Hillary wants to bring back fracking. Both of them are horrible on climate issues and the media (and public) is equally culpable for not holding them to task. I'm surprised at how unimportant the entire issue has been in this election
    When the rubber hits the road fracking isn't going away anytime soon because it supplies lots of jobs to the east coast and pushes Putin over a barrel where Russia was heavily invested in fuel and it is trading extremely low due to the US supplying its own fuel, and Obama lauded how we are more energy efficient now even though he stood against fracking, but that doesn't stop politicians for taking credit for any positives that come out of it. People have very little foresight as to environmental damage and extreme 20/20 vision when it comes to having a job today even if the end result is a polluted water table and earthquakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    It would be as much of a waste of time as asking them about pro-life/pro-choice. Everyone knows how the parties view those issues.

If there is a video of someone walking up and slitting another person's throat, then they are guilty of murder. There should be no other way to present it. A lawyers job isnt supposed to be to twist evidence and try to get a known guilty person off the hook on a technicality or through sympathy. A lawyer's job is to clear an innocent person's name and promote evidence that proves they are no guilty
    I'm not even going to bother replying to any of the other inane shit you've posted because others have already taken you to the cleaners pretty effectively over it all. All I've got left to say is that today, more than ever, it would be simplicity itself to fake a video such as this. If I took video of you doing basic mundane tasks and then edited it together with footage released by ISIS, by your proposition here you'd be dead before you got to say "But I'm inno-". This is why we have trials and why you are innocent until proven guilty.

I hate the whole "love it or leave it" mentality that some people express about the States, but good grief, if you truly believe half of what you post here, you don't belong there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except when Trump brought it up, it was hilarious. I think he really thinks people are choosing to get abortions at 9 months.
    There's idiots here that think people carry a baby a day until delivery and then go "nah! Rev up that vac Doc!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Except when Trump brought it up, it was hilarious. I think he really thinks people are choosing to get abortions at 9 months.
    No, he peddles the extremes for the reaction. I doubt he believes in it anymore than "carthingens second".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    There's idiots here that think people carry a baby a day until delivery and then go "nah! Rev up that vac Doc!"
    That's who that not really a dog whistle was for. The more interesting part to me was his double talk in 'I will not repeal Row v Wade, I will appoint judges who would vote to repeal it'. He is trying to appeal to the "get government out of Medicare" crowd.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Trump claimed he wrote every word of 'The art of the deal but as he should have learned from taking credit for doing his taxes the real person behind it will no doubt step forward to set tight the record. The Ghost writer behind the book Tony Schwartz says that Trump has a 200 word vocabulary and if he goes beyond those 200 then you know what he is saying was written for him.
    Always give credit where credit is due or your tax man will step up to let everyone know you can't fix tax laws because all Trump did was sign the tax forms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ton-rape-case/

Well, too bad she wasn't a public defender. Too bad the judge didn't just let her decline. She didn't have those luxurious options you speak of.
    The only reason she couldnt decline is because she already took the case and then wanted to decline halfway through, She should have opted not to take the case to begin with

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So Trump's attitude about the American judge of Mexican decent, a legal Latino in every sense of the word, is based on...um...

Hey, remember when Trump said Rubio and Cruz weren't American citizens?

Trump heads the Republican party by their own choosing. When the head of the party says things like this, sorry, but that kind of deflates your argument.
    The problem with the judge was that he used to be a lawyer representing illegal aliens and was being biased in his rulings to favor illegal aliens

Yeah, ripping the baby out of the womb the day before it's due to be born? That's called a c-section.