Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    As a retired hardcore, now happily very casual,. I keep myself geared enough to return to hardcore at nearly will.

I never will. But,. Having gear means I can enjoy world content,. The newest raids and dungeons, kill world mobs and spend time with friends without missing a beat. I can bring value to a group instead of being a carry. I might not be 870,. But I'm good to heroic raid and slip right into a few mythic +.

It's a comfortable place to be.

When I'm carrying your shit geared alt you don't know how to play, be thankful I'm geared.
    You seem to completely have missed the entire point of the OP. This is about people that don't want to lift a finger in the game and still want the best gear.

Quote Originally Posted by hammbone View Post
    You don't deserve anything from WQ.
    Man I wonder what WQs ever did to this guy? Kill his family? Steal his kitten? Must've been something truly awful considering the amount of rage he's managed to build up over it.

I got triggered when I read the latest Q&A and this guy is asking blizz why he can't get higher than 850 without going into dungeons? He goes on to say that they need a "casual in their office telling them every day that he has nothing to do". If you don't want to do instanced PvE or PvP YOU DON'T NEED GEAR! If you are really that "casual" why do you need a HARDCORE ILVL!?!? go farm mounts or pets or xmogs or does that require an 880 ilvl? If you don't want to play WoW than don't play WoW don't whine and complain that it isn't Hello Kitty Island Adventure. I work AND go to school full time and I'm 855 ilvl and ready for karazan tomorrow. I'm a casual by my own definition and I never feel entitled to gear.

TLR Want gear? Get good. You don't deserve anything from WQ.

once and for all,
    people tend to confuse 'casual' with 'not good enough' or even 'bad'. in many cases this is not the same.

gearing is NOT skill dependent. you can easily buy your way into mythic raiding carry runs these days or just let your guild mates carry you. you can easily buy EN BoE gear for gold. all it takes is either in - game grinding/farming or spending ACTUAL money in the form of WoW tokens. this alone should debunk the conception that gear has anything to do with skill...or even time spent (as in the WoW token example).

second, RNG.
    I'm a casual who do low mythics+ but I have yet to come across usefull gear for me from that content. sure, I get alot of 855/860 pieces. all has mastery on them (blood dk) so I stick to my customized 850 gear. being RNG lucky (or the other way around), again, say NOTHING about skill or time invested in the game. there's a guy who has 32 /played days since launch who got no legendary (this is not casual by no mean), or just get unlucky like many players who do the high-end content and never get the drops they need.

this forms a problem for players who don't have a guild who raids, which again has nothing to do with skill.
    PUGS require ilvl (which as we previously showed is not a reliable indicator to skill) waaaayyy higher than the ilvl required to complete the content. in most cases you will not be able to join a PUG of a content you are more than eligible to complete (or even completed before for that matter) unless you have that inflated and exaggerated ilvl.

let's take a casual player that got himself raid - ready for EN from day one, and even got legit AoTC but no gear drops. next week, that player would be benched for the sake of other, more geared players who got lucky with drops and would never see the inside of a raid again unless he has some alternative way gearing up. this is why casuals need gear outside of raid environment.

come to think of it, HIGH - END hardcore guilds benched players for not having a legendary or falling behind on gear. would you call a benched top 10 holy DK "a casual"?!

then again, if that DK would get a legendary from WQ cache then he get to raid again with his "friends" who benched him in the first place.

as you can see, if you have gold (free time on your hands), real currency (play to win) or just plain lucky (RNG) you would be preferred in PUGs over people with lower ilvl, or even over your a guild mate with same skill. people should be entitled to have access to content based on their skill, not based on the above (and you need gear for getting accepted to groups running that content). it's bad enough the community is fanatic about ilvl requirements to the point it almost voids skilled players eligibility to participate in content they can easily do, and it gets worse by being influenced by those unrelated to skill factors. unless gear would be available at some degree by alternative means, yes even to us casuals, that would immortalize this already flawed aspect of the game (which again and again has nothing to do with skill).

Why do you care?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    I think you already know that what you said is bullshit, but I guess I'll bite anyways.

WoW is a RPG at its core, so you got to have some sort of character progression.
    So saying you don't need gear is simply wrong.
    You need to be able to raise your power, progress you character.

I still can't wrap my head around why people care about other peoples gear or are jealous because of it.
    Everyone playing should be alowed to have fun, to fucking PLAY.
    I don't give two shits if someone who can't play more than 2 hours a day or whatever has more a higher ilvl through whatever means, gear doesn't mean that much after all.
    You say you understand how an RPG work at it's core yet you don't seem to. While you are correct about character progression you seem to forget that the character progression has to feel rewarding enough for the content you're doing. By your argument all gear could start at 880 and forge to 895 and Blizzard could call it a day, we know that wouldn't work very well though. At the end of the day harder/more time consuming content has to feel more rewarding than the easier/faster, why bother otherwise.

The problem with Blizzards design is that they simply don't take time in to account to make "casual" content that requires a lot of time investment but is equally rewarding as mythic raiding. Sure it would take casual players longer to get the rewards but they would at least know what they are working towards. And to solve the "raiders feeling forced to do it" just have said content share lockout with mythic raiding so it becomes a choice what you want to do.

For example they could make a solo scenario similar to withered training (although longer and more complex) that shares lockout with heroic/mythic raiding. Over time the further you get and/or the more times you complete it the better the rewards become. Obviously there are a wide variety of ways one could do this but the solo scenario is an easy way to illustrate it.

Another example would be world quest, imo the rewards should scale with your i-lvl in a way where the base i-lvl is 10-20 (number debatable) below your current avg in order to always be relevant if it titanforges.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Which is what actually happened... These people did dungeons and got 870+, sure they had to spam them ALOT. But it's still gear outside of raids.
    and people always whine about it.. i just don't get it. probably never will.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Why do mythic raiders need gear?
    I thought they didn't need that crutch.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Well there is a nonsence in this topic
    In same way a Casual dude could ask you why you need gear too? If you are so good then gear mean nothing for you you can beat the bosses with your lv 1 weapons
    Maybe because boss mechanics and gear checks exist. Something you have never experienced by the sound of your ignorance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Why do mythic raiders need gear?
    I thought they didn't need that crutch.
    Very ignorant. mythic raiders NEED the gear. The solo player WANTS the gear and has no NEED for it
    Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    You seem to completely have missed the entire point of the OP. This is about people that don't want to lift a finger in the game and still want the best gear.
    No it isn't, its a thread about someone being pissy that a "casual" can get a ilvl 890 (on a super rare chance) from doing WQ's.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Why do you care?
    Because games being dumbest down for the lowest common denominator is actually a thing

This thread is toeing the line, please continue posting based on the discussion and the topic and NOT the users within it.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Very ignorant. mythic raiders NEED the gear. The solo player WANTS the gear and has no NEED for it
    Simple as that.
    Ummm No.

Both need the gear, just there reasons are different on why they need it. The main one is character progression, stop progressing people stop playing.

Simple as that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by jeiwel View Post
    I was doing mythic dungeons Day 1 with 810 ilvl. At this stage, if you are not doing mythic dungeons, then you are not even try to get character progression.
    I have the impression that the word 'Mythic' scare some people.
    I doubt most people would be accepted with 810 item level at this stage in the game. I have not looked but I would guess most would expect 830+. Even so, that level is not out of reach using the WQ.

However, Mythic is not queueable. Meaning players at the 830 - 840 brackets will be competing for spots in LFG against other players with a much higher item level.

Make your own group. Sure, but then your group with be competing against other groups and you still have the item level disadvantage.

Because games being dumbest down for the lowest common denominator is actually a thing
    And it makes blizzard billions of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

So ask all the "Hardcore" MMO's how they are doing.

Why do you care so much about having better gear than others? Compensating for something else, perhaps? My condolences to you, sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Try fucking reading the link in the op. Welcome to the conversation

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ummm No.

Both need the gear, just there reasons are different on why they need it. The main one is character progression, stop progressing people stop playing.

Simple as that.
    And "casuals" want the same gear as someone who put in several hours a day. The progress is slower for a casual, working as intended i'd say.

It is not. Just that there are more options and the game is now more accessible for the lower bracket players. Hard contents are still there.

I don't care what people do with their time I'm just asking why they need gear? The post doesn't ask why do casuals like this guy play WoW 40+ hours a week doing mindless content? I simply want to know why they need 850+ to do "Aw Nuts!" 500 times faster
    Why do they need gear? Because Blizzard wants to cater to their playstyle and reward them for it to keep them playing thus subbed to the game. Casual solo players aren't the only players benefiting from that content anyways. Unless, of course, you constantly have a group of 5 people doing everything together and have never gotten anything useful from a World Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ummm No.

Simple as that.
    No they want it they don't need it. Learn the difference.

Its not based on feels that's how the game fucking works in a tiered difficulty.