Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    You don't need to put in the work to get to Exalted anyway. You'll get it before the year is done if you keep on doing your daily WQ.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    Popular Opinion is not fact, nor is it guaranteed to be right.
    The facts are that WoW has far less roleplay and far less massive gamplay than most MMORPG. The only thing massive about it is size of playerbase.

And you're saying it's all of those things because you're saying that it's an MMORPG because it has the faintest hint of what an MMORPG is. So it should also be all of those other things because it has the faintest hint of all of those.
    RPG's do not require constant group content. All it requires is a Progression system for your character a Questing system and a Story, of which WoW has, which makes it an RPG. It is also a Massively Multiplayer game. thus the MMO.

put both together and TADAH!!! MMORPG. To argue it is anything else is asinine and pointless.

Also your "The facts are that WoW has far less roleplay and far less massive gamplay than most MMORPG. The only thing massive about it is size of playerbase." is down right wrong, since you stated it as a fact, when it is Opinion. Since few games have the scope and range of gameplay that WoW does.

- - - Updated - - -

No, more like I'm arguing that the Earth is Round and your flatfacts with nothing to back them up are absolute truth and whenever a counter shows itself "whatever you say, crazy, keep being wrong"
    You are arguing that an MMORPG isn't an MMORPG, when it is infact an MMORPG. You might as well be arguing that Water isn't Wet and that Dogs don't exist. since it would make about as much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    RPG's do not require constant group content. All it requires is a Progression system for your character a Questing system and a Story, of which WoW has, which makes it an RPG. It is also a Massively Multiplayer game. thus the MMO.

put both together and TADAH!!! MMORPG. To argue it is anything else is asinine and pointless.

Also your "The facts are that WoW has far less roleplay and far less massive gamplay than most MMORPG. The only thing massive about it is size of playerbase." is down right wrong, since you stated it as a fact, when it is Opinion. Since few games have the scope and range of gameplay that WoW does.
    Progression is progression, not roleplay. Roleplay is being a character in a world. Progression unlocking better equipment. WoW has tons progression I'm not arguing that. It has very little roleplay, you choose a class/race that's all been watered down while some bland stories play in the background as you climb through dungeons on your progression path.

WoW released as a super casual MMORPG unalike anything else in the genre, and continued that casualization path while pushing progression and removing RP to the game it is today. After a certain amount of change you really have to look back and ask if it's still the same thing that it was, and clearly it's nothing like what MMORPGs are, so it must be something else.

WoW has a large scope of range and gameplay, are you serious? The game's a decade old of replacing content with the same content, new models/textures and higher stats. Rarely do they add anything unique to the game, even rarer that it survives past the expansion they implement it. Runescape has multiple times the unique gameplay of WoW in about the same timeframe and is much more an example of what an MMORPG is than what WoW has become, a Moderately Multiplayer Online Raiding Progression Game.

Going back to the reason of the thread for Reputation,
    Reputation in an MMORPG matters. It goes up, it goes down. The world cares about your reputation and there are different effects for each one.
    Reputation in Modern WoW, a progression game, you go up, you get rewards.
    You'd think after a decade there would be more depth to a major system, not less, but it is an RPG mechanic afterall, not fit for WoW, only a matter of time before it's removed anyway.
    Last edited by Ryzael; 2016-10-23 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Highlighted it for you. Grinding forced group content sucks.
    I don't disagree with you, but this is Blizzard we're talking about here. Instanced group content is either all they know how to do or all they want to do for end game. Comparatively, given that model, Wrath was the best it was. It remains to be seen how WQs are going to continue to play out, or if whatever "solo" content they add is worthwhile, but even Legion is very unforgiving in this regard as more than ever has been gated behind dungeons & raids.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

It's almost as the group of people designing the rewards system had a mental breakdown. But I guess putting anything of value on the vendor would go against Blizzard's neverending love towards RNGGG!
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

I fear you might be confusing Moderately Multiplayer Online Raiding Progression Game with Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game

WoW is the former. Potato Potato.
    Thanks for clearing it up (:

I enjoy not having to give a shit about getting exalted with factions. The gear is so crap at revered that I just roll my eyes and chuckle. Thanks for the 820 shoulders, but that should probably have been the 'honored' reward.

The tabards could probably be dropped down to honored, too. It's a tabard, not an ilevel 900 weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    They're absolutely not worthless as they are. The 850 drops are still upgrades for many, especially for people who don't run dungeons and only quest. Bumping them to 860-870 would've made them absolutely required "pre-raid gear" for raiders and other try-hard people.

The legendaries should absolutely not be tied to reps - that would lead back to Wrath style "grind for points" which is even less fun than the current system and serves no one except people who plan their gametime using spreadsheets.

The legendaries should have element of randomness. The way to fix them is to reduce the amount of them - there should be only 4 of them (one for each loot role, tank, heal, rdps, mdps) - and the droprate should be lowered even more, so that only handful of people would get them over the arc of their lifetime.

Then people wouldn't *expect* to get them, they wouldn't be required for raid spots - and they'd be "fun surprise drops" providing significant ilvl boost (give them lots of main stat + strong secondary).
    No that would even made things worse as the top guilds would just go around pouching those players. See TBC end-game.
    Legendaries should be tied to lengthy feats of strengths on a personal and group basis so that they should feel rewarding and only be received at the end of expansion to only be epeen or in case they can be obtained earlier on should lead to top guilds poaching them for their progress. /sarcasm

With artifacts being the de facto legendaries for the expansion there was no need for the glorified oranges granted by the all-retarded RNGesus. Blizzard just introduced to gave us whiners more reason to whine for as certain members of the dev-team are deficient in terms of a certain mineral.

Same goes for reputation, time after time they have been criticised and heavily scrutinised for binding gear (with stats) to reps, yet they have done it again with 90% of gear tied being useless when the player reaches the reputation required for obtaining it (A player who is Exalted with Nightfallen by now should either be really unlucky for a drop or rather be cheap to get a crafted one). Reputations should only reward cosmetic gear, mounts and perhaps recipes that grant better efficiency in crafting (Something they might have done correctly).

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I'm interested in the thought process behind this here. Legion legendaries drop from caches you get for completing 4 quick quests, and farmable dungeon bosses, and basically anything you can kill and loot. Why is it okay to be like this, but god forbid they were rep rewards, suddenly it should require extreme dedication?
    I'm not saying I agree with the idea, but this is weird....
    Because the Legendaries aren't currently farmable. I guess you could spam dungeons all day but that doesn't guarantee a Legendary nor does it guarantee that you'd even get one that you want. I'm fine with how Legendaries currently are. I don't need them but it feels nice when they drop. I also thought the previous implementations of Legendaries were fine. When they were super rare drops or when you sank a lot of playtime into the quests. Either way, you played a lot and eventually got one.

I just think getting Exalted isn't difficult enough currently to warrant a Legendary. It's also not very exciting and promotes specific gameplay that can be unhealthy for the game.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    at least sporeggar has a proper story line to it and you felt part of the war effort with them.
    .... Wut? Are you serious? Sporeggar story was this "Poor natives are being wiped out by naga and fungal giants - please help them by collecting shrubs and killing naga".

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I just wish you could get rank 3 flask recipes from reputation vendors. I've crafted hundreds of intellect flasks by now and still don't have rank 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reputation is an RPG mechanic, it's about time they phased it out of WoW.
    I'm still waiting for Account Wide Rep.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    .... Wut? Are you serious? Sporeggar story was this "Poor natives are being wiped out by naga and fungal giants - please help them by collecting shrubs and killing naga".
    there was maybe 2-3 dozen sporelings in the area that made up that faction, so you actually got a little character investment in the faction when you were asked to do the various tasks to help out "named npc X" instead of just "go help 'insert faction name here'", it was much more personal because they were, in relative terms weak and feable creatures trying to survive this onslaught, whereas i don't get that with many of the factions since wrath, closest really was with the sholozar basin duo and the kal'uak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I just wish you could get rank 3 flask recipes from reputation vendors. I've crafted hundreds of intellect flasks by now and still don't have rank 3.
    i feel you, i'm into 4 figures of each type being my guilds main alchemist, and still stuck at rank 2 on all flasks, and don't get me started on the potions, got every major potion at rank 3 EXCEPT the one i need, which is the potion of deadly grace, everything else, rank 3, pisses me off they used the TBC system, it was shit then, it is still shit 10 years later.

Every meaningful rep in the game, every rep that takes weeks of effort to max out, should reward an achievement, a mount, and a tabard at exalted.

Yeah I hope they would've been like the MoP factions which rewarded you with mounts and decent gear ( i think it wouldn't be too OP if each faction would award you a 860 item)

Deleted
    What is the point of rep if there are no worthwhile rewards.