The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    4 hours and 30 minutes of Trump vs. Clinton, and not a single question about climate change. How the fuck does that happen?

In what is possibly Trump's single most disqualifying position (the idea that climate change is a hoax), and we get nothing? No defense of that position?
    Hillary hit him for it early with the statement (paraphrasing a bit) "Trump believes climate change is a Chinese hoax" - so it wasn't totally ignored. However, I think it wasn't really discussed because there was no room to gain for either candidate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Hillary hit him for it early with the statement (paraphrasing a bit) "Trump believes climate change is a Chinese hoax" - so it wasn't totally ignored. However, I think it wasn't really discussed because there was no room to gain for either candidate.
    It was completely ignored by the moderators. The only reason Hillary got that quip in was due to a pivot off a different question.

But really, it's just astounding that they never asked the question. Pretty sure they never asked about LGBT rights either.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    And Hillary wants to bring back fracking. Both of them are horrible on climate issues and the media (and public) is equally culpable for not holding them to task. I'm surprised at how unimportant the entire issue has been in this election
    Uh. Fracking still happens. There's no bringing it back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It would be as much of a waste of time as asking them about pro-life/pro-choice. Everyone knows how the parties view those issues.
    I wouldn't consider it a waste of time at all. The public needs to see just how extreme his views are. Even main stream Republicans are warming to the idea that humans are causing the change, but are now claiming it will cost too much to fix. Trump is just straight up in conspiracy land. That's a position that should have been outed by the moderators.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Its part of the reason its been so hard to pry any substantial policy discussion out of this election, Trump can't stop running his mouth. Its pretty much;
    - Someone mentions something incorrect and/or absurd that Trump previously stated
    - Trump flatly denies saying it
    - Evidence is presented of Trump saying it
    - Trump is forced to pivot away from that issue and ignore it

I've lost count of the number of times this has happened so far. Trump always needs to be talking, and he seems to do a lot of "whatever sounds right in his head at the time" speaking, and so its a constant flood of contradictory statements. When something is brought up later that makes him look bad, he simply says he didn't say it and I honestly can't tell if he believes himself or not.
    Its been bizarrely fascinating to watch. He's been a celebrity of sorts for decades and is if nothing else a tireless self-promoter. Cameras have been recording his statements for years so the backlog of documented Trump statements is quite extensive and so time after time after time he has been proven wrong when flatly denying saying something, but he keeps doing it.
    Last edited by Enthusiastic Steward; 2016-10-24 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Brain said "extensive" and fingers typed "expensive"

10+ Year Old Account
    It was completely ignored by the moderators. The only reason Hillary got that quip in was due to a pivot off a different question.

But really, it's just astounding that they never asked the question. Pretty sure they never asked about LGBT rights either.
    Well they talked about the supreme court and trying to repeal marriage equality

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The only reason she couldnt decline is because she already took the case and then wanted to decline halfway through, She should have opted not to take the case to begin with
    You mean she was appointed to do it and was denied by the judge to come off of it? Halfway through what? The case hadn't begun yet.

“Hillary told me she didn’t want to take that case, she made that very clear,” recalls prosecutor Gibson, who phoned her with the judge’s order.
    Adding non-existent facts doesn't change what happened.

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinto...ghed-about-it/

The problem with the judge was that he used to be a lawyer representing illegal aliens and was being biased in his rulings to favor illegal aliens
    Except, he was part of La Raza Lawyers, which supports other groups that supports illegals. That's no their mission statement, they have community links, but when has he defended illegal immigrants? That was never the issue. Guilty by association? We won't discuss Trump at all then. Or his associations alone would destroy this country.

You are such a weirdo, expecting politics and policies on The Donald Trump Show. D:

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    You are such a weirdo, expecting politics and policies on The Donald Trump Show. D:
    Everyone knows that's not what generates ratings.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

You're right on both accounts - I wasn't trying to imply otherwise. I agree that they should have addressed both. I wonder if they knew it would be almost useless to do so. I mean, the debates were pretty bad because only Hillary showed up prepared for detailed policy discussions and Trump just spouts his NewSpeak and then they move on.

I love that Trump has yet to ever lay out a detailed policy initiative, on his own, without prepared remarks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Its part of the reason its been so hard to pry any substantial policy discussion out of this election, Trump can't stop running his mouth. Its pretty much;
    - Someone mentions something incorrect and/or absurd that Trump previously stated
    - Trump flatly denies saying it
    - Evidence is presented of Trump saying it
    - Trump is forced to pivot away from that issue and ignore it

I've lost count of the number of times this has happened so far. Trump always needs to be talking, and he seems to do a lot of "whatever sounds right in his head at the time" speaking, and so its a constant flood of contradictory statements. When something is brought up later that makes him look bad, he simply says he didn't say it and I honestly can't tell if he believes himself or not.
    Its been bizarrely fascinating to watch. He's been a celebrity of sorts for decades and is if nothing else a tireless self-promoter. Cameras have been recording his statements for years so the backlog of documented Trump statements is quite expensive and so time after time after time he has been proven wrong when flatly denying saying something, but he keeps doing it.
    You are completely right. He's a delicious combination of narcissistic, sociopath and megalomaniac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    You mean she was appointed to do it and was denied by the judge to come off of it? Halfway through what? The case hadn't begun yet.

Adding non-existent facts doesn't change what happened.

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinto...ghed-about-it/

Except, he was part of La Raza Lawyers, which supports other groups that supports illegals. That's no their mission statement, they have community links, but when has he defended illegal immigrants? That was never the issue. Guilty by association? We won't discuss Trump at all then. Or his associations alone would destroy this country.
    Youre going to need to provide a citation for that. She was not a public defender and no judge can appoint and mandate that a private attorney represent anyone. After reading your left wing Snopes article even the quote they have listed says:
    “She worked a lot of nights on it,” said Van Gearhart, her teaching assistant at the law clinic in 1975. “I remember her doing that because she wanted to show that she was willing to take court appointments, hoping that the bar would help us in getting established as a clinic.”
    Meaning that she did have the option to not take court appointments but she did it to kiss up to the bar association.

According to Gibson, Maupin Cummings, the judge in the case, kept a list of attorneys who would represent poor clients. Clinton was on that list and helped run a legal aid clinic at the time.
    She couldve chosen to be a private attorney but in typical Hillary fashion, chose to use politics and ass kissing to get what she wanted so she volunteered to be on a list of attorneys that the court could appoint to poor people in order to move up the ladder faster. Its her own greed that got her stuck on the case
    Last edited by Orlong; 2016-10-24 at 05:03 PM.

Youre going to need to provide a citation for that. She was not a public defender and no judge can appoint and mandate that a private attorney represent anyone. After reading your left wing Snopes article even the quote they have listed says:

“She worked a lot of nights on it,” said Van Gearhart, her teaching assistant at the law clinic in 1975. “I remember her doing that because she wanted to show that she was willing to take court appointments, hoping that the bar would help us in getting established as a clinic.”

Meaning that she did have the option to not take court appointments but she did it to kiss up to the bar association
    It's almost like people who weren't born with a golden spoon in the mouth have to work and try to climb up the social ladder. Isn't that kinda the American work ethic and ideal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    It's almost like people who weren't born with a golden spoon in the mouth have to work and try to climb up the social ladder. Isn't that kinda the American work ethic and ideal?
    Oh please. Her dad owned a successful textile business. They werent hurting for money

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with the judge was that he used to be a lawyer representing illegal aliens and was being biased in his rulings to favor illegal aliens
    Deflection FAIL.

On May 27th, Trump spoke before a crowd and winged it without teleprompters. It went exactly as you'd expect, including his 12-minute attack on a federal judge who he said was Mexican. (U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel was born in Mike Pence's state of Indiana) He mentioned what he believed were reasons the judge would be biased, including my favorite, that he's ruled against Trump before. Also, appointed by Obama. He even hinted that he would sue or there would be a federal investigation when he was President against the judge.

Here is the video. Yes, he blames Obama. Yes, he calls the system rigged. Yes, the date is November 28th. You want the 1:37:00 mark. He does not mention the judge's association with any...association, but he does mention the judge being Mexican. Twice. Oh, and he mentions the 10,000 reviews the students gave which are all excellent and have the students' names on them. That's NOT how student evaluations work.

So his race was listed in the other aspects of the case, and a lot of people latched onto that. John Dickerson directly asked Trump about that very issue, Trump doubled down on it.

Dickerson: Let me ask you about, what does the Mexican heritage of the judge in the Trump University case have to do with anything?

Trump: I think it has a lot to do with it.

also:

Dickerson: Isn't there sort of a tradition, though, in America that we don't judge people by who their parents were and where they came from?

Trump: I'm not talking about tradition -- I'm talking about common sense, OK? He's somebody, he's proud of his heritage. And I think that's great that he's proud of his heritage.

Dickerson: But you're saying it's a barrier to him doing his job.

Trump: Well, he's not treating me -- he's not treating me fairly.

Then Jake Tapper asked, and he tripled down on it.

Trump: Jake, if he was giving me fair rulings, I wouldn't be talking to you this way. He's given me horrible rulings.

Tapper: But I don't care if you criticize him. That's fine. You can criticize every decision. What I'm saying is, if you invoke his race as a reason why he can't do his job ...

Trump: I think that's why he's doing it.

Tapper: But ...

Trump: I think that's why he's doing it.

Yes, Trump found other reasons to call the judge biased, which were also nonsensical (Obama appointee = biased, familiar with the case = biased), but he brought up the judge being a Mexican (incorrectly) as if it was important, and also directly said his heritage was part of the deal. The fact that he also mentioned other reasons, including stupid reasons, changes none of that.

And while one of those reasons was that the judge belonged to a group Trump said was very pro-Mexican later, he was wrong about that too.

10+ Year Old Account
    She couldve chosen to be a private attorney but in typical Hillary fashion, chose to use politics and ass kissing to get what she wanted so she volunteered to be on a list of attorneys that the court could appoint to poor people in order to move up the ladder faster. Its her own greed that got her stuck on the case
    You're literally trying to argue that Clinton took low-paying work because she was greedy.

I don't think you understand what the word means.

Oh please. Her dad owned a successful textile business. They werent hurting for money
    They were decidedly middle class. Pretending she was born into wealth is simply false.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you need to champion that... middle class is not hurting for money... goes well with Trump's primary's comment on Americans making too much money...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're literally trying to argue that Clinton took low-paying work because she was greedy.

I don't think you understand what the word means.

They were decidedly middle class. Pretending she was born into wealth is simply false.
    No. Im arguing that she schemed to get to the top by trying to look like a compassionate person offering to take on cases for the poor (and then when called upon to do so, tried to get out of it) in order to get more eyeballs on her from the bar association so she could be seen as much more than she really was and move to the big money cases faster (the greed part), just like she is continuing to do today. It was simple ass kissing and brown nosing, except she got called on it. Hillary doesnt do anything for anyone except Hillary

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that you are litteraly trying to spin someone volunteering, instead of going for the big bucks by going private, because volunteering would get her the job going private? Yes, greed is what leads to volunteering... very nice...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...65076159922177

Remember folks, polls are only valid when they show Trump winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You do realize that you are litteraly trying to spin someone volunteering, instead of going for the big bucks by going private, because volunteering would get her the job going private? Yes, greed is what leads to volunteering... very nice...
    Consider whom you're arguing with. It's just baiting to get the forum into a frenzy.