Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Very simple:
    Because there is not much reason to play WoW if you cannot enhance your character further.

Since it's a subscription based game, it's in Blizzards interest to give even the casualst™ of casuals options to get better gear so they keep p(l)aying.

Personally: I no longer give a damn about the gear treadmill, which is why my account won't be active continuously.
    Which i appreciate this perspective it is ultimately a catastrophe for the developers. The game offers very little else for casual players beyond the skinner box and it seems that the game is basically just engineered around that. If people start unhokimg from that skinner box...

In Cata WoW had a jump the shark moment. When they removed tier from the vendor. At that point the man behind the curtain was kinda obvious and it became less about playing my characther and more about trying to figure out which set of hoops they wantes us to jump through.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I think the better question is why do people feel they should be able to progress their character while refusing to take part in a majority of the games content.. and mainly the challenging ones. If you do not progress through the content.. you do not progress your character.

Deleted
    Heh, what does the generic anime avatar tell about you?

I think proper rewards for playing well is a good thing. Imagine how quickly you lose interest in a game if you cheat and get all the best stuff instantly. It's the same thing with rewarding zero skill and commitment, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    Want? - well I don't mind the occasional TF item. Let's say I welcome my ~10% chance of getting an item upgraded.
    Need? - not really, I can kick nuts in ilvl 800 as well as 850.

What you should not do is put words in other peoples mouths. Just because TF gear CAN drop for a "filthy casual" does not mean that we all were writing to Blizzard night and day for this kind of rng fest loot system. Personally I'm perfectly fine with raiding ppl having +50 or +100 or +whatever gear, as long as the casual content is doable with casual loot.

So let's say WQs would reward nothing but ilvl 800. Would I do them? Not really, just the AP ones and the occasional OR one. Since there's the small possibility of item proccing to high lvl, I'll keep also doing the gear ones and that's why the system is there. To keep us playing. You think Blizz is gonna drop that because the 5% raiding community is "triggered" by casuals getting the occasional good item? Hah!
    Encounters require the higher end gear. Solo content does not require the high end gear. The difference yet again between NEED and WANT

Furthermore the diabloification of the games shift towards a mass RNG reward structure is the games largest drawback at the moment. Static ilvls and sockets were never an issue. Now its a endless treadmill of grinding with no foreserable end.

The absolute failure of legendaries is a whole other dabate of some of the worst design choices ever made.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-10-24 at 05:24 PM.

It gives more opportunities for dem harc0re playerz to get gear on top of the usual stuff. Don't have time? Filthy casual...

TL DR: Why do YOU care

Quote Originally Posted by Fenderxx View Post
    I think the better question is why do people feel they should be able to progress their character while refusing to take part in a majority of the games content.. and mainly the challenging ones. If you do not progress through the content.. you do not progress your character.
    I wouldn't call high end pve (Mythic Raiding) and high end pvp (2k+ arena) "majority of the content" tbh. But I get your point.

Mine is that challenging content (se above, rest is not challenging in any way) is a super niche and conserns a minority of the content and a hyper minority of the playerbase (less than 2% maybe?).
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2016-10-24 at 05:22 PM.

Lol triggered. Must be one of those special little snowflake PC SJW hipsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    I think you already know that what you said is bullshit, but I guess I'll bite anyways.

WoW is a RPG at its core, so you got to have some sort of character progression.
    So saying you don't need gear is simply wrong.
    You need to be able to raise your power, progress you character.

I still can't wrap my head around why people care about other peoples gear or are jealous because of it.
    Everyone playing should be alowed to have fun, to fucking PLAY.
    I don't give two shits if someone who can't play more than 2 hours a day or whatever has more a higher ilvl through whatever means, gear doesn't mean that much after all.
    I see that you havent played that many RPGs at all.

You dont get the same type of gear when you kill a random npc out in the world, compared to a big, bad boss inside of a dungeon.
    Atleast I've never played an RPG like that.

Modern WoW is largely a single player world with optional, instanced multiplayer content. Its been this way since the last world group content died out in twilight highlands and any attempts to rectify this have not succeeded in the longterm thus far. Without things like group quests and reasons to interact with others to succeed on even the most casual level what beyond the gear treadmill do you have at the base experience? How do you keep someone paying money to access your world?

You often see WoW players come into other mmorpgs and ask 'but i dont care about [insert social acitivity here] how do i increase my player power?' because if thats all you have known then that is your baseline norm. Like moba hero leveling on steroids. If you take the purple fever power creep from that type of consumer they will very quickly go 'whats the point' and move on to any other "incrementally increase numbers" busywork simulator or rationalise that there is no point putting the time into WoW when they can just play Overwatch or Hearthstone instead.

tl-dr: western mmos over the last ten years have trained the consumer to expect a single player experience where the goal is better loot. You take that away and suddenly the player is directionless and unsubs. You need the carrot because its been the norm so long people dont group unless they absolutely have to.

The whining casuals are all awesome players without time.
    Today is Christmas? Sorry, but the "Casuals" i find via Mythic LFG finder for lower Keystones farm are 80% not at any point good. They are most times very friendly as you would with 3 Chest runs in no time, but the majority i find is for sure not on a high skill point. It's the same as always, people are bad because they have no time, sure sure. To play on an actual good level needs experience and dedication, not just time.

People are good in video games and some are not, it's like in any other thing on the world.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2016-10-24 at 05:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I dunno, please enlighten me!

Though I feel like the reply is going to say more about you than me

The fact is, most people in this thread agreeing with the OP, and the OP himself, don't seem to realise what a casual player actually is.
    I was asking you, so you would do a thought excerise It tells me that you like anime. What do their avatars tell you about them? I'm a casual player in retail nowadays, but I'm still skilled at the game. I dislike the fact that the best items can drop for a casual player (myself) for doing essentially nothing, and my hardcore friends who play 300% more don't get anything just because they are unlucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hammbone View Post
    I got triggered when I read the latest Q&A and this guy is asking blizz why he can't get higher than 850 without going into dungeons? He goes on to say that they need a "casual in their office telling them every day that he has nothing to do". If you don't want to do instanced PvE or PvP YOU DON'T NEED GEAR! If you are really that "casual" why do you need a HARDCORE ILVL!?!? go farm mounts or pets or xmogs or does that require an 880 ilvl? If you don't want to play WoW than don't play WoW don't whine and complain that it isn't Hello Kitty Island Adventure. I work AND go to school full time and I'm 855 ilvl and ready for karazan tomorrow. I'm a casual by my own definition and I never feel entitled to gear.

TLR Want gear? Get good. You don't deserve anything from WQ.
    Why do casuals even play the game?

OP if you are triggered by something like this because you need your gear epeen hardon you are one of the issues with the deterioration of the community.

I got triggered when I read the latest Q&A and this guy is asking blizz why he can't get higher than 850 without going into dungeons?
    Got an 870 drop from world quests on a toon that has never even been in a normal.

But, good job creating a "stimulating" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    Today is Christmas? Sorry, but the "Casuals" i find via Mythic LFG finder for lower Keystones farm are 80% not at any point good. They are most times very friendly as you would with 3 Chest runs in no time, but the majority i find is for sure not on a high skill point. It's the same as always, people are bad because they have no time, sure sure. To play on an actual good level needs experience and dedication, not just time.

People are good in video games and some are not, it's like in any other thing on the world.
    There comes a time when you know how good is good enough, with regard to video games.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Solo content does not require the high end gear. The difference yet again between NEED and WANT
    Go tank one of the WQ elite bosses in NM 5man gear or try to solo HFC in NM 5man gear and tell us how well that works out for you.

Once again champ you don't get to decide what others feel like they need.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The avatars told me nothing. I was talking about recognition of certain avatars that certain people have. So I knew what they were likely to have posted, based on past experience.
    Sorry then, I misunderstood what you were saying. (I need to do some English reading comprehension excercises ^^)
    Last edited by mmocca1c3b59c3; 2016-10-24 at 05:30 PM.

Deleted
    TLR Want gear? Get good. You don't deserve anything from WQ.
    This dude clearly needs to see the screenie of 895 titanforged from LFR. Every day.
    So. Much. Whining.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Very ignorant. mythic raiders NEED the gear. The solo player WANTS the gear and has no NEED for it
    Simple as that.
    You don't need to raid mythic tho! No one plays a video game for any need. You play a video game and want things in that game. You don't need anything. Of course people want the best gear they can get from the level of play they do. That can be said from LFR to World Fist Mythic. They all want the best gear they can acquire.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    Got an 870 drop from world quests on a toon that has never even been in a normal.

But, good job creating a "stimulating" thread.
    I also got an 870 from a emissary chest. Doesn;t mean I like it. and its stimulating enough to have 10 pages ina couple hours and keep me entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I wouldn't call high end pve (Mythic Raiding) and high end pvp (2k+ arena) "majority of the content" tbh. But I get your point.

Mine is that challenging content (se above, rest is not challenging in any way) is a super niche and conserns a minority of the content and a hyper minority of the playerbase (less than 2% maybe?).
    Well, the original question that was posted to Blizzard (and that the OP is upset about) was a person that did not do anything outside of Solo and Qued content.. so only World Quests, Heroic dungeons, and normal BGs. This person has, in their mind, cleared the content and wants to further progress their gear... but will not do Mythic or Mythic + dungeons, Raiding of any form, or rated BGs/Arena. So I believe that is a large portion of the end game content that the person is cutting themselves off from in terms of progression.