Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Well, I did resub to WoW last night again and bought the expansion

I was just really amused at the TeamSpeak guild banter on Sunday night about "what" MMORPG is like Rift and "what" game would folks consider moving too as an entire guild. Folks really not happy with the beta RNG thing.

Still, I've also bought Starfall Prophecy, so it will be interesting to see at release. No harm since the money has been spent already.
    Ironically I unsubbed a while back. RNGfests ain't my thing so of course ain't touching it. Plus only 2 dungeons at launch and an endgame zone that won't even be open straight away is a turn off. But on topic I don't expect them to make the system any better. Hell I can imagine Trion somehow making it worse.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-24 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    The system isn't even completely in place, the reason why it's costing so much plat is because you currently can't break down the fragments fully to infuse the main planar fragment, this guy explains a bit of how it works, due a new build today with big crafting changes so they might implement the fragment breaking down and infusing the fragments.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5253656
    ...it's not? Isn't the expansion releasing in literally a month? Shouldn't they have all these systems mostly fully implemented and just needing some final touch-ups/balancing?

I mean, I'm glad if they can address whatever current issues there are (I'll need to read your link a bit later), but I'm skeptical that they'll really do anything, honestly. Trion don't have a great track record as of late, so I'm still pretty pessimistic about this whole expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...it's not? Isn't the expansion releasing in literally a month? Shouldn't they have all these systems mostly fully implemented and just needing some final touch-ups/balancing?

I mean, I'm glad if they can address whatever current issues there are (I'll need to read your link a bit later), but I'm skeptical that they'll really do anything, honestly. Trion don't have a great track record as of late, so I'm still pretty pessimistic about this whole expansion.
    This. Every MMO usually has it's major systems/content sorted way sooner especially in an open beta so close to launch. Although Rift is known for it's pisspoor QA especially with raids and well anything if we go by Nightmare Tide at launch. I don't see the system being worked on before launch so again RNGfest ahoy.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-24 at 06:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    16th November.

The "fragments" appeared on the test shard today - with the "recycle" option. Not usable yet. They're just "there"

My first impression based on the fragment types. 3 or 4 for EACH element? seems like an overly complex system to me.

This is a last minute "band-aid" due to backlash in my opinion. They were just testing the waters hoping people would bite with the plat.

It is still only infusable with plat - and a category for the fragments doesn't even exist on the Auction House.

Then again, in their defense (if you could call it that), this seems more like an alpha than a beta.

I mean - why 11 planar fragment slots?
    Why not 6 or 12? No second fire slot? The UI isn't even finished.

It is possible they are just way, way behind schedule.
    Quests are still broken too. It's an alpha.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-10-24 at 06:48 PM.

16th November.

The "fragments" appeared on the test shard today - with the "recycle" option.

My first impression based on the fragment types. 3 or 4 for EACH element? seems like an overly complex system to me.

This is a last minute "band-aid" due to backlash in my opinion. They were just testing the waters hoping people would bite with the plat.

It is still only infusable with plat - and a category for the fragments doesn't even exist on the Auction House.

Then again, in their defense (if you could call it that), this seems more like an alpha than a beta.

Why not 6 or 12? No second fire slot?

Why am I not surprised quests are broken. This launch gonna be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why am I not surprised quests are broken. This launch gonna be good.
    I never seen a early access MMO before so this should be good to watch.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I never seen a early access MMO before so this should be good to watch.
    I have but it was finished. Heavensward early access. Also @theWocky I find that last person in the Rift thread trying to justify the system hilarious.

16th November.

The "fragments" appeared on the test shard today - with the "recycle" option. Not usable yet. They're just "there"

Why not 6 or 12? No second fire slot? The UI isn't even finished.

Yeesh so...3 weeks, not even a full month.

That's even worse, that shit should be on lock at this point for this purely marketing beta (they ain't doing no serious testing this late in the game, and if they are holy shit are they way behind schedule or launching way too early).

Guess we'll see how the system works when it's "finished" in a few weeks, but I'm still skeptical at this point.

Yeesh so...3 weeks, not even a full month.

That's even worse, that shit should be on lock at this point for this purely marketing beta (they ain't doing no serious testing this late in the game, and if they are holy shit are they way behind schedule or launching way too early).

Guess we'll see how the system works when it's "finished" in a few weeks, but I'm still skeptical at this point.
    You have every right to be. Any sane person would be skeptical when a games major systems/content is not finished so close to launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I have but it was finished. Heavensward early access. Also @theWocky I find that last person in the Rift thread trying to justify the system hilarious.
    Yeah, I read that, then made the mistake on going onto Harshmallow's Teamspeak and somehow ended up in a discussion with one of the guys who actually seemed to support the system.

The guy on TS that I lost it with told me there were "no" bugs in questing, yet even Slipmat will tell you of issues and I recorded one in my live-stream.

I snapped. Taking a step back from this till Trion fix this. Too frustrated right now. No need to take it out on people with different opinions. They need to fix this planar fragment thing, though.

As it is right now, planar fragments: each element now appears to break down into have 3 parts, so 3 x Common Earth, Uncommon Earth, Rare Earth types - assuming no other catalysts, 6 elements = 18 parts of fragments PLUS (we assume) some plat to infuse.

I'm going to take a guess and say epic partial fragments will also appear later, so 24 different planar crafting items?

Note: just over 3 weeks till release and they haven't even added planar fragments as an option category on the Auction House. Fragments only appeared last night. The UI isn't even neatened up yet. Six Elements, but 11 slots - no 2nd fire slot?

At this point, it just seems like a hack, rush job to me.

Yeah, I read that, then made the mistake on going onto Harshmallow's Teamspeak and somehow ended up in a discussion with one of the guys who actually seemed to support the system.

The guy on TS that I lost it with told me there were "no" bugs in questing, yet even Slipmat will tell you of issues and I recorded one in my live-stream.

I snapped. Taking a step back from this till Trion fix this. Too frustrated right now. No need to take it out on people with different opinions. They need to fix this planar fragment thing, though.

As it is right now, planar fragments: each element now appears to break down into have 3 parts, so 3 x Common Earth, Uncommon Earth, Rare Earth types - assuming no other catalysts, 6 elements = 18 parts of fragments PLUS (we assume) some plat to infuse.

I'm going to take a guess and say epic partial fragments will also appear later, so 24 different planar crafting items?

Note: just over 3 weeks till release and they haven't even added planar fragments as an option category on the Auction House. Fragments only appeared last night. The UI isn't even neatened up yet. Six Elements, but 11 slots - no 2nd fire slot?

At this point, it just seems like a hack, rush job to me.
    Pretty much my view on SFP. Last attempt at a cash grab before Rift goes bye bye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some many people getting their knickers in a twist

Here, read this, straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak,and for those "concerned" about the unlocked slots?

The fragment slots on the right hand side of the UI are saved for a future expansion or update. They are not intended to be Pay to Unlock

http://forums.riftgame.com/starfall-...ml#post5253870

10+ Year Old Account
    The fragment slots on the right hand side of the UI are saved for a future expansion or update. They are not intended to be Pay to Unlock
    They said this on a livestream. I'm not bothered about that. On other things, more so.

I am concerned we are so far down the line and the UI, AH, etc is not neater. 11 slots is not logical either. either 12 or 6 would be. Fire, Earth, Air, Water, Life, Death. Also, only fire appears to have been worked on so far. It is entirely possible that all the element's planar adventures may not even be in the release product. The RNG thing and overall implementation is not good at all.

This thing won't go live on 16th November based on current state of development.

Have they fixed that 66 questline yet? You mentioned you skipped around a bit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Have they fixed that 66 questline yet?
    First two zones are complete:

Scatherran Forest:

Gedlo Badlands:

Next two zones you can nearly get to the end of both story lines, just 4-5 quests left in each but in Xarth Marsh invasions aren't spawning at a wardstone to defeat, no biggie, and in Ashenfell you chase a dragon from marker to marker but it disppears at first marker so can't advance the quest past that stage.

Also a few quests around the base of the Tower of Ahnket in the tiny piece of Tenebrean Schism open to us but they're fairly nasty level 70 Elites so points to the fifth zone been filled with Elites, hard to know yet because the zone is totally sealed off, trust me i've tried to sneak in from all possible angles.

If you zoom in on the map though you can see the outline of a large building, temple? raid instance? we'll have to adopt the waiting game and see, could be a red herring as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what else to do now - except laugh. I must be getting pranked.

They just added Planar Fragments to the cash store - available from REP vendors (NPC's still to be added?) - guess what?

You don't BUY the planar fragments with stats that are good. Oh, no.

You buy a LOCKBOX that gives you a planar fragment with RANDOM stats - then, you have to still upgrade them.

These lockboxes cost TIME or CREDITS (cash)

And the upgrade process? Another chance at a RANDOM stats to be added.

You can't make this shit up. Seriously.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5254085

Edge, you can infract me for this meme, but seriously, I think this must be similar to a Trion DEV meeting / discussion regarding how to fix the RNG issue in the game:
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-10-25 at 05:39 PM.

I don't know what else to do now - except laugh. I must be getting pranked.

They just added Planar Fragments to the cash store - available from REP vendors (NPC's still to be added?) - guess what?

You don't BUY the planar fragments with stats that are good. Oh, no.

You buy a LOCKBOX that RANDOMLY gives you a planar fragment with stats - then, you have to still upgrade them.

And the upgrades? Chance at a RANDOM stat.

You can't make this shit up. Seriously.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5254085
    Wow. Ok yeah definitely avoiding this game. Just noticed who was defending the system and I'm not surprised.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-25 at 05:32 PM.

Ugh, lockbox approach with this? Yup, it's looking more and more like I'm out altogether of both Rift and SWTOR. Both were in my rotation as occasional games that I enjoy from time to time, but both expansions are looking like they're going to entirely kill any desire I have to play either game, much less purchase (in the case of Rift) or subscribe (in the case of SWTOR) to gain access to them.

I guess the silver lining is I can use that time to work on other games, but damn if it's not disappointing. At least I'll still have the few remaining 1-50 stories in SWTOR, so there's that : /

Ugh, lockbox approach with this? Yup, it's looking more and more like I'm out altogether of both Rift and SWTOR. Both were in my rotation as occasional games that I enjoy from time to time, but both expansions are looking like they're going to entirely kill any desire I have to play either game, much less purchase (in the case of Rift) or subscribe (in the case of SWTOR) to gain access to them.

I guess the silver lining is I can use that time to work on other games, but damn if it's not disappointing. At least I'll still have the few remaining 1-50 stories in SWTOR, so there's that : /
    Yeah kind of in the same boat. I was loving Swtor but tbh I just lost the desire to play it. As for Rift well it keeps getting worse so I doubt it's gonna get better. Maybe use this time to get on with a bunch of single player games I bought along with getting on with Guild Wars 2 again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wocky, as usual, going for the Howard Stern 'shock jock' approach crying "guis guis look lockboxes!! credits only!"

These are the offensive "lockboxes"

Guess how you buy them? first you gain Rep with the required Faction(s), all standard MMORPG stuff, how do you pay for them? you can buy them with credits, if you like, but you also buy them with the Expansions replacement of Void Stones called Celestial Remnants obtained by, you know, actually playing the game.

Now i know this post is boring and not as sensational as the click baiting "money grabbing" or "worst Expansion evah!" but these are the facts, same as the facts about planar fragments that the same people ignore Dev threads and posts about exactly how they work.

Wocky, as usual, going for the Howard Stern 'shock jock' approach crying "guis guis look lockboxes!! credits only!"

These are the offensive "lockboxes"

Guess how you buy them? first you gain Rep with the required Faction(s), all standard MMORPG stuff, how do you pay for them? you can buy them with credits, if you like, but you also buy them with the Expansions replacement of Void Stones called Celestial Remnants obtained by, you know, actually playing the game.

Now i know this post is boring and not as sensational as the click baiting "money grabbing" or "worst Expansion evah!" but these are the facts, same as the facts about planar fragments that the same people ignore Dev threads and posts about exactly how they work.

You mean basically the bullshit obnoxious grind again? Yeah not surprised you are defending this blatant borderline pay to win system again. Also calling out other people for "baiting" when you yourself are targeting specific posters is kind of hypocritical. Meanwhile let's see how people enjoy this system 6 months down the line if there are any people left that is.