Believe it or not, there's a lot of Yawnited fans who blame Fergie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Are you suggesting they get years and years in the current footballing climate? Sorry but it's not the 60s anymore
    So then what does this quote mean?

Dunno why you're giving a club shit for actually giving thier managers time and money to build a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    So then what does this quote mean?
    Because I dissagree with you that LVG and Moyes didnt have a fair go at the helm.

Deleted
    Because I dissagree with you that LVG and Moyes didnt have a fair go at the helm.
    I never stated that they weren't given a fair go, I stated that they weren't given enough time to build a team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    It's not an excuse, it's fair criticism. The team hasn't recovered, the amount he was involved in the organisation and running for 20+ years is being shown here and now.
    So what, another couple of seasons and maybe another manager and we can stop blaming Fergie?

I never stated that they weren't given a fair go, I stated that they weren't given enough time to build a team.

- - - Updated - - -

So what, another couple of seasons and maybe another manager and we can stop blaming Fergie?
    They had transfer windows and money. Thats pretty much as good as it gets

Deleted
    They had transfer windows and money. Thats pretty much as good as it gets
    So Mou to be sacked next year then?

So Mou to be sacked next year then?
    If he doesn't get top 4 this year I'm sure people will be chanting that.

He should be getting top 4 as well after the money spent

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not about blaming Fergie.

It's saying the club has been unable to move on since he retired. That's not blaming him, it's blaming the organisation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    It's not about blaming Fergie.

It's saying the club has been unable to move on since he retired. That's not blaming him, it's blaming the organisation.
    Your transfer policy has been garbage. Gap filling instead of building a team.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    But hey at least they sell shirts.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

15+ Year Old Account
    One could definitely argue Moyes wasn't given enough time, but then he's not exactly a top manager to attract top players. LVG however definitely had enough time, and borked it imo. He sold players he shouldn't have (Chicharito for example).

Frankly it all went to shitters having to build a new team after half the players either left or got sold. It's still a work in progress.

That said, the current team on paper should be performing better than they are.

One only needs to look at how Sunderland are doing to judge if sacking Moyes was the correct decision.

They havent won in the premier league since last year

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    I would agree with this. £90 million on Pogba will be the biggest waste of money in the history of football.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I would agree with this. £90 million on Pogba will be the biggest waste of money in the history of football.
    Don't forget Di Maria.

Pogba on the Ballon Dor shortlist :L
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget Di Maria.
    Yeah, very true, had a shocker in the transfer window the last few years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    One could definitely argue Moyes wasn't given enough time, but then he's not exactly a top manager to attract top players. LVG however definitely had enough time, and borked it imo. He sold players he shouldn't have (Chicharito for example).

Frankly it all went to shitters having to build a new team after half the players either left or got sold. It's still a work in progress.

That said, the current team on paper should be performing better than they are.
    Given what Moyes has managed subsequently, it's pretty clear that he was not a good choice. He took over a League winning side, and brought in Fellaini at a grossly over-inflated price. Then finished outside CL qualification. He did bring us Mata though, so there is that.

LvG was given a lot of money and two years, and failed to improve on that. It wasn't just a matter of letting good players go, but signing the likes of Memphis and Di Maria being spectacularly bad.

I'm still not entirely sold on Mourinho. I know a lot of fans aren't. But we're 9 games in to the league season, even Sunderland aren't calling for Moyes's head just yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I try to rack my brain now to remember what my inital thought was with Moyes, can't remember if I was optimistic or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I try to rack my brain now to remember what my inital thought was with Moyes, can't remember if I was optimistic or not.
    I was woefully unimpressed and wanted Klopp.