Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I mean, ACORN was shut down over those videos. I'm not sure how you see those videos as discredited. Why did they shut down then?
    Republicans used those videos as an opportunity to cut off their funding. ACORN was destroyed through lack of funding before it ever became clear the videos were doctored.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    When private funding dried up, the organization disbanded. But when Giles and O’Keefe were given immunity in exchange for raw, unedited footage (they had violated the California Invasion of Privacy Act when secretly recording), the California Attorney General (CAG) found that the videos were heavily edited. Furthermore, CAG found that ACORN had committed no wrongdoing at the time. Later on, more investigations followed. The US Government Accountability Office found that ACORN did not mishandle federal funds; in a related debate, the Congressional Research Service found allegations of ACORN voter fraud to be unsubstantiated; and a law enforcement officer from New York noted that Giles and O’Keefe “edited their tape to meet their agenda”.
    Well by your earlier supposition that we cannot trust these videos since he hasn't release all of his footage, how can we trust any of those investigations? How many of the people in influential positions in those investigations might have had their wife receive a $500,000 donation from a friend of Hillary Clinton?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Did you know that the source documents for the Panama Papers have still not been released to the public? Do you discredit that entire story because they haven't released those documents? How do you know that the corporate media isn't protecting wealthy interests and thats why they aren't releasing those. In fact, maybe we can't trust anything released by any source, since they might be hiding the truth.

Why doesn't CNN have all of their cameras on 24/7, I sure would like them to release footage of what their people instructed those debate focus groups to say. Then again, I like your way of thinking, we should just completely discount everything that has come out of the corporate media, the government and the campaigns, at which point I question where we should get our information from?
    Did the Panama Papers exclusively come from an organization that has been caught releasing fake papers over and over again, and has been successfully sued for doing so, and was convicted of trying to tap a Senator's phone?
    -ynnady

I mean, ACORN was shut down over those videos. I'm not sure how you see those videos as discredited. Why did they shut down then?
    REPORT OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
    ON THE ACTIVITIES OF ACORN IN CALIFORNIA

http://ag.ca.gov/cms_attachments/pre...orn_report.pdf

The report found there was no evidence of criminal conduct on the part of ACORN employees nor any evidence that any employee intended to aid or abet criminal conduct. It found that three employees had tried to deflect the couple's plans, told them ACORN could not offer them help on the grounds they wanted, and otherwise dealt with them appropriately. Such context was not reflected in O'Keefe's edited tapes.
    Last edited by AndaliteBandit; 2016-10-24 at 06:14 PM.

Well by your earlier supposition that we cannot trust these videos since he hasn't release all of his footage, how can we trust any of those investigations? How many of the people in influential positions in those investigations might have had their wife receive a $500,000 donation from a friend of Hillary Clinton?
    Influential positions in government investigations, which have oversight and paper trails, is not the same as videos from some repeatedly discredited private organization fronted by a conman.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Did the Panama Papers exclusively come from an organization that has been caught releasing fake papers over and over again, and has been successfully sued for doing so, and was convicted of trying to tap a Senator's phone?
    Well I know for sure some people from the New York Times worked on the Panama papers so we know there were definitely a few corrupt journalists involved.
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    REPORT OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
    ON THE ACTIVITIES OF ACORN IN CALIFORNIA

http://ag.ca.gov/cms_attachments/pre...orn_report.pdf

The report found there was no evidence of criminal conduct on the part of ACORN employees nor any evidence that any employee intended to aid or abet criminal conduct. It found that three employees had tried to deflect the couple's plans, told them ACORN could not offer them help on the grounds they wanted, and otherwise dealt with them appropriately. Such context was not reflected in O'Keefe's edited tapes.
    But no investigation was done in to their voter registration fraud schemes, because they closed up shop before they could happen. Oh yeah, also because "voter fraud doesn't exist". We have no way to investigate voters, due to other laws, therefore voting fraud doesn't happen. This is akin to gun bans means guns don't happen.

Influential positions in government investigations, which have oversight and paper trails, is not the same as videos from some repeatedly discredited private organization fronted by a conman.
    http://nypost.com/2016/10/24/clinton...n-email-probe/

Maybe we just can't trust government investigations when you see so much quid-pro-quo from organizations like the FBI

Republicans used those videos as an opportunity to cut off their funding. ACORN was destroyed through lack of funding before it ever became clear the videos were doctored.
    Fun side-fact: GOP legislators voted at least 13 times to block funding to ACORN in budget bills...after ACORN was shut down.

But no investigation was done in to their voter registration fraud schemes, because they closed up shop before they could happen. Oh yeah, also because "voter fraud doesn't exist". We have no way to investigate voters, due to other laws, therefore voting fraud doesn't happen. This is akin to gun bans means guns don't happen.
    We do, and it's been investigated multiple times. And none of them have turned up any evidence of widespread voter fraud, and the voter fraud that has been found as a result of these investigations is completely statistically irrelevant.

http://nypost.com/2016/10/24/clinton...n-email-probe/

Maybe we just can't trust government investigations when you see so much quid-pro-quo from organizations like the FBI
    Slow down there, buddy. When you insult government, you are basically insulting a liberal's significant other. Them's fightin' words..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fun side-fact: GOP legislators voted at least 13 times to block funding to ACORN in budget bills...after ACORN was shut down.
    Source please

(I always wanted to say that)

But no investigation was done in to their voter registration fraud schemes
    TABLE OF CONTENTS
    Allegations of ACORN Voter Registration Fraud....................................................................... 19

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    TABLE OF CONTENTS
    Allegations of ACORN Voter Registration Fraud....................................................................... 19
    In Cali....

We have this group of cops called the FBI. I realize they are bought and paid for but, they sort of handle the big stuff that crosses state lines.

Source please

(I always wanted to say that)
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5657645.html

It's HuffPo, but their info checks out. Feel free to double check on it yourself if you don't trust HuffPo.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5657645.html

It's HuffPo, but their info checks out. Feel free to double check on it yourself if you don't trust HuffPo.
    Your source gives no source. The reason I question it, is that it would be very easy for ACORN to still be on lists of groups that are being unfunded for various reasons. Getting lumped in with others is different from saying there were single, stand alone bills about ACORN, which seems unlikely to happen 13 times.

That said, unlike many of the posters here, I do not put corrupt politicians up on some pedestal. I think their corruption is only matched by their incompetence. If the claim is that politicians are stupid, sing me up as one in agreement.
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2016-10-24 at 06:22 PM.

Well I know for sure some people from the New York Times worked on the Panama papers so we know there were definitely a few corrupt journalists involved.
    The New York Times is not equivalent to one conman who has no history of honest reporting whatsoever.
    -ynnady

In Cali....
    So there was in fact an investigation.

In Cali....

We have this group of cops called the FBI. I realize they are bought and paid for but, they sort of handle the big stuff that crosses state lines.
    Look at that goalpost move down the field. Barely even in sight anymore.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you know that the source documents for the Panama Papers have still not been released to the public? Do you discredit that entire story because they haven't released those documents? How do you know that the corporate media isn't protecting wealthy interests and thats why they aren't releasing those. In fact, maybe we can't trust anything released by any source, since they might be hiding the truth.

Why doesn't CNN have all of their cameras on 24/7, I sure would like them to release footage of what their people instructed those debate focus groups to say. Then again, I like your way of thinking, we should just completely discount everything that has come out of the corporate media, the government and the campaigns, at which point I question where we should get our information from?
    Why do you keep deflecting from the issue? We're not talking about the Panama Papers, or CNN, or the corporate media. This is a thread about O'Keefe. He's alleging some very serious things here, and he's refusing the release the full unedited videos.

Again. This is an individual with a prior history of editing videos to paint an inaccurate portrait. That's a fact. So you can understand why people want him to release the full, unedited videos. Right?
    Eat yo vegetables

Except there are investigations and they always find that in-person voter fraud is rarer than shark attacks.
    -ynnady

The New York Times is not equivalent to one conman who has no history of honest reporting whatsoever.
    Yeah, I'm sure the Times had at least one honest report at some point in history.