10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    No. Im arguing that she schemed to get to the top by trying to look like a compassionate person offering to take on cases for the poor (and then when called upon to do so, tried to get out of it) in order to get more eyeballs on her from the bar association so she could be seen as much more than she really was, just like she is continuing to do today. It was simple ass kissing and brown nosing, except she got called on it. Hillary doesnt do anything for anyone except Hillary
    She has also championed access to a lawyer, including convincing Reagan to increase its budget, instead of Reagan's attempt at cutting it. Yes, every single person who does anything that seems selfless is doing it for personal gain. Thank god you have a candidate where being selfless isn't a concern...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...65076159922177

Remember folks, polls are only valid when they show Trump winning.
    Its all rigged I thought, I guess Trump isn't really winning that poll then!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Consider whom you're arguing with. It's just baiting to get the forum into a frenzy.
    I want people like him to keep talking to expose what they really are. I am not delusional in thinking I can convince him. The best I can do is keep him talking, to expose these deplorables.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I want people like him to keep talking to expose what they really are. I am not delusional in thinking I can convince him. The best I can do is keep him talking, to expose these deplorables.
    True but I figured we had him figured out a year ago when he started complaining about plastic bags in California even though he lives in Pennsylvania....and that he bitches about unions even though he belongs to one that gave him a pretty decent pay raise and benefits. And my personal favorite when he had the Constitution Party emblem as an avatar yet went on about abolishing amendments that didn't align with his narrative.

inb4 someone accuses me of doxxing because of my memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    News from 'round the web:

CNN: Trump in 2012 on deporting many undocumented immigrants: 'I don't believe in that'

"Because I also understand how, as an example, you have people in this country for 20 years, they've done a great job, they've done wonderfully, they've gone to school, they've gotten good marks, they're productive — now we're supposed to send them out of the country, I don't believe in that."

ABC: Trump and Clinton Running Opposite Campaigns When It Comes to Down-Ballot Races

An in-depth look at how Clinton and Trump's current poll situation allows Clinton to focus on down-ballot races while Trump barely has time to mention them.

NBC: How Republicans Ended Up With Trump

More than just "they did it to themselves" it's more of an autopsy of the 2016 Republican primaries, which in turn ignored the 2012 election autopsy, with such lines as "If our party is not welcoming and inclusive, young people and increasingly other voters will continue to tune us out."

NBC: Gay Republican Group Declines to Endorse Donald Trump

The Log Cabin Republicans, specifically. Just in case there's more than one group of gay Republicans.

FOX (secondhand): Fox News panel is baffled that Donald Trump continually 'pulverizes' his own message

Title says everything.

FOX (secondhand): Karl Rove: Donald Trump Can’t Win

Naturally, FOX isn't showing either of the above stories on their own official sites. But Megyn Kelly and Bill O'Reilly have both gotten high ratings this week, and neither of them are suggesting Trump's going to win. O'Reilly looks pretty damn depressed about it. Kelly...less so.

FOX (firsthand): Clinton attack featuring Miss Universe was months in the making, email shows

Fucking seriously? That's the best you can do, WikiLeaks? The election is in two weeks, where's your A-Game?

Reuters: A waste of money? Trump's border wall falling flat in Arizona

Both AZ and USA polls show the overall public is 49/31 against/for the wall.

NYTimes: G.O.P. Hopefuls in New York Races Walk Tightrope on Donald Trump

More specific downballot examples. Trump has a 0.2% chance of winning New York

USA Today: The media versus Donald Trump

A discussion about how the media is all against Donald Trump because he's so inept they have no choice.

The Washington Post: Donald Trump’s chances of winning are approaching zero

Calculus motherfuckers An analysis of Trump's massive poll deficit.

TIME: Donald Trump’s Visit to Mexico Could Have Gone Better, President Peña Nieto Says

“Could we have done things better? Maybe yes, admittedly. I think that this genuine interest to bring about a meeting to take care of Mexico’s interests, I think, could have been done in a better way.”

As a reminder, Trump was asked literally two questions in the Mexican press conference. "Did you talk about the wall?" and "Why not?" He lied to both, then fled the country within the hour.

And of course Breitbart: Paul Krugman: ‘It’s Trump’s Party’

So desperate for news that paints Trump in a positive light, Breitbart talks about O'Keefe, a "Dewey Defeats Truman" reference, and a NYTimes article that I'm guessing wasn't read before linked. The article, found here, talks about how the GOP is damaged forever, distancing itself from Trump, and likely going to be even more obstructionist with its dwindling/vanishing majority vote. Citing it was stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    She has also championed access to a lawyer, including convincing Reagan to increase its budget, instead of Reagan's attempt at cutting it. Yes, every single person who does anything that seems selfless is doing it for personal gain. Thank god you have a candidate where being selfless isn't a concern...
    This is why we need a scotus pick or two that are people who have done work as defense attorneys. People seem to be forgetting that in this country you are innocent until PROVEN guilty. You have the right to competent representation. Even if a defense lawyer is 100% sure her client is guilty it is still the prosecutors job to prove it. A judge have her the assignment and she handled her duties as a defense lawyer to the best of her capabilities. This is a GOOD thing. Even if her defendant is total scum it is for the prosecutor to prove that.

No. Im arguing that she schemed to get to the top by trying to look like a compassionate person offering to take on cases for the poor (and then when called upon to do so, tried to get out of it) in order to get more eyeballs on her from the bar association so she could be seen as much more than she really was and move to the big money cases faster (the greed part), just like she is continuing to do today. It was simple ass kissing and brown nosing, except she got called on it. Hillary doesnt do anything for anyone except Hillary
    Nice line of arguing.

Blame Hillary for accepting the case and not refusing. Then criticize Hillary for asking to get out of it.

Youre going to need to provide a citation for that. She was not a public defender and no judge can appoint and mandate that a private attorney represent anyone. After reading your left wing Snopes article even the quote they have listed says:

Meaning that she did have the option to not take court appointments but she did it to kiss up to the bar association.

She couldve chosen to be a private attorney but in typical Hillary fashion, chose to use politics and ass kissing to get what she wanted so she volunteered to be on a list of attorneys that the court could appoint to poor people in order to move up the ladder faster. Its her own greed that got her stuck on the case
    The guy had a public attorney as he was indigent, he asked for a female as he argued he would get a more fair trial and the judge agreed with him. The judge picked from a very short list of female attorneys as there were very few of them back then in the state. Then the prosecutor called her and explained the situation at which she said she didn't feel right doing it. (from his interview) He said she could only call the judge and try to get out of it. She did and the Judge wouldn't let her off the case, for one she just started up her own law practice and a sure fire way to fail is to get on the bad side of a judge. Then she took on the case because this is America jack, and in America you have the right to an attorney to assure you get a fair trial. He pled guilty and recieved a lesser punishment, as all people have the right to in court.

Why you keep arguing this is beyond me as it only exposes that she did her part in the American justice system and you just refuse to listen to reason because it doesn't match the lie you ate and consumed like a sheeple.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Nice line of arguing.

Blame Hillary for accepting the case and not refusing. Then criticize Hillary for asking to get out of it.
    who else but Oorlong?

Quote Originally Posted by cocoapuffs View Post
    who else but Oorlong?
    It keeps him from having to address the earlier assertion that the majority of the population of the US is rural.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Nice line of arguing.

"She should of asked to get out of it! Any Moral person would of!" - She did.
    "How dare she ask to get out of it! That's not moral!" <- Orlong is obviously trying to apply to some online troll organization.

All Im saying is the electoral votes should be distributed evenly. If Philadelphia county has 1 million residents, and the rest of the state has 10 million, then Philadelphia should only get 10% of the electoral votes, and they wouldnt be the ones deciding who represents the other 90% of the state as they do now
    Wait...I recall this because I thought it was odd that you wanted to essentially dilute democracy. You posted this

And if the delegates were awarded the only fair way (winner take all from each state by the person with the most votes) Trump would have clinched the nomination already
    So now I'm confused.

Does this mean that you believe that for primaries a states delegates should be winner take all but for the election the electoral votes should be split?

To be clear I believe that a state should split it's electoral votes to better represent how people voted - which is consistent with how I view that the delegates should go in the few cases they don't. Side note I am also a fan for removing FPTP voting.

But it seems in this case what you consider "the only fair way" is for whatever way at the time helps the person you support best.
    Last edited by Meldetia; 2016-10-24 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meldetia View Post
    But it seems in this case what you consider "the only fair way" is for whatever way at the time helps the person you support best.
    Ding ding ding, we have a winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The guy had a public attorney as he was indigent, he asked for a female as he argued he would get a more fair trial and the judge agreed with him. The judge picked from a very short list of female attorneys as there were very few of them back then in the state. Then the prosecutor called her and explained the situation at which she said she didn't feel right doing it. (from his interview) He said she could only call the judge and try to get out of it. She did and the Judge wouldn't let her off the case, for one she just started up her own law practice and a sure fire way to fail is to get on the bad side of a judge. Then she took on the case because this is America jack, and in America you have the right to an attorney to assure you get a fair trial. He pled guilty and recieved a lesser punishment, as all people have the right to in court.

Why you keep arguing this is beyond me as it only exposes that she did her part in the American justice system and you just refuse to listen to reason because it doesn't match the lie you ate and consumed like a sheeple.
    She volunteered to be on the list of private attorneys willing to do work for the poor. She couldve stayed private and not volunteered. But then she got called up and didnt want to do it (she claims anyway).

She is always looking for the short way to the top. Its why when she wanted to be senator, she moved to New York because it was the easiest seat for her to win. She should have ran in Arkansas where she lived, but we all know she wouldve had a farts chance in the wind to win there so she did what was politically expedient and moved to New York to run for Senator.

Then she bribed Obama for the SoS position by agreeing to resign her presidential campaign in 2008 so he could get the nomination as long as he gave her a juicy cabinet position that she could exploit for donations in her pay to play scheme, while she waited her turn for POTUS in 2016

- - - Updated - - -

"She should of asked to get out of it! Any Moral person would of!" - She did.
    "How dare she ask to get out of it! That's not moral!" <- Orlong is obviously trying to apply to some online troll organization.
    Im saying she should have done what any good lawyer does and start her pwn practice or partner with another lawyer that shares your beliefs instead of volunuteering for stuff just to look good that you dont really want to do.

1. What do you mean the "judge agreed with him"? Do you have any evidence of that?
    2. How do you know the judge wouldn't "let her off the case?"
    3. She didn't "just start her own law practice," Hillary was a law professor at the University of Arkansas, and she founded a legal aid clinic, not a private law practice.
    4. All the evidence points to a prosecutor asking her to do it as a favor, and not a judge.

People probably keep arguing it with you because you have your facts wrong.

You earlier said that she was a public defender and that she would have been disbarred if she had refused the case. You just can't stop being wrong, can you?
    Last edited by Merkava; 2016-10-24 at 06:24 PM.

She is always looking for the short way to the top.
    Wow! Everybody's looking for the fastest way to the top.

Are you jealous of success?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    Youre going to need to provide a citation for that. She was not a public defender and no judge can appoint and mandate that a private attorney represent anyone. After reading your left wing Snopes article even the quote they have listed says.
    After some research, initially both her and the prosecutor (Mahlon Gibson), made it sounds as if she was appointed, but evidently later it was stated by her that.

Clinton says a prosecutor for the case asked to take the case "as a favor to him."
    So, alright, it does sounds like she was persuaded to take the case, since she was on the short list of female lawyers at the time and he knew her. She didn't want to take the case, but was selected by the judge (Maupin Cummings) and accepted as a favor to prosecutor. She shortly after changed her mind and asked the judge to be excused from the case, and of course he said no.

Yes, how dare she be a female lawyer in the 1970's. Clearly she should have been reprimanded and flogged.

So yes it sounds like there was some choice there, but the fact still stands, so what? I'm not sure where you work, but I hope every single one of your clients, or customers has a shining reputation and has no skeletons in their closet, or else you're simply saying that you'd make a horrible lawyer.

I like how all your right-leaning literature and demagoguery has told you to hate her for taking that case though.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2016-10-24 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Wow! Everybody's looking for the fastest way to the top.

Are you jealous of success?
    Well considering how he argues on forums I would suggest he doesn't know what success tastes like. Argues himself into the toilet, wonders why the water tastes like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    75% was the claim right?
    That came from
    The US isnt a democracy. However i believe the voice of 1 million people shouldnt be louder than the voice of 9 million people just because that one million is crammed in one city and gets 75% of the electoral votes
    and I'm still not entirely sure how this breakdown is supposed to work.

But he also called Pennsylvania's population 95% rural (the US Census Bureau considers it 79% urban) and said
    Rural voters should be the only ones that count anyway. They well outnumber urban people
    and only he knows what 'well outnumber' means, considering census data considers the US population about 81% urban.

Either way, he advocates stripping voting rights based on your address. Live too close to a city where you need to commute for a job? Too bad, no vote for you. Your town got too big, now a city? No votes.

Its 'if you're not from the right demographic, you should be denied the right to vote' trash that is somehow couched as the savior of American freedom despite clamoring for an autocratic minority-imposed hive-mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    After some research, initially both her and the prosecutor (Mahlon Gibson), made it sounds as if she was appointed, but evidently later it was stated by her that.

So, alright, it does sounds like she was persuaded to take the case, since she was on the short list of female lawyers at the time and he knew her. She didn't want to take the case, but was selected by the judge (Maupin Cummings) and accepted as a favor to prosecutor. She shortly after changed her mind and asked the judge to be excused from the case, and of course he said no.

Yes, how dare she be a female lawyer in the 1970's. Clearly she should have been reprimanded and flogged.

So yes it sounds like there was some choice there, but the fact still stands, so what? I'm not sure where you work, but I hope every single one of your clients, or customers has a shining reputation and has no skeletons in their closet, or else you're simply saying that you'd make a horrible lawyer.

I like how all your right-leaning literature and demagoguery has told you to hate her for taking that case though.
    Oh I could take a whole page putting down reasons why I hate her with every fiber of my being, but this case is probably the least of the reasons