Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hammbone View Post
    I got triggered when I read the latest Q&A and this guy is asking blizz why he can't get higher than 850 without going into dungeons? He goes on to say that they need a "casual in their office telling them every day that he has nothing to do". If you don't want to do instanced PvE or PvP YOU DON'T NEED GEAR! If you are really that "casual" why do you need a HARDCORE ILVL!?!? go farm mounts or pets or xmogs or does that require an 880 ilvl? If you don't want to play WoW than don't play WoW don't whine and complain that it isn't Hello Kitty Island Adventure. I work AND go to school full time and I'm 855 ilvl and ready for karazan tomorrow. I'm a casual by my own definition and I never feel entitled to gear.

TLR Want gear? Get good. You don't deserve anything from WQ.
    So you make a topic to whine and complain about the people you see as whining and complaining. Okay thanks for sharing?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Ppl want more gear but they don't want to do the content in order to get that gear, but because they pay a sub they should get the gear even though they don't want to do the content to get that said gear, it's this in a nutshel right?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Everyone needs character progression in an RPG. If there is no character progression, then your game is complete and you end up bored... and quit the game and move on.

Obviously, you don't care about this, but Blizzard does.

Now I don't know how I feel about the story you specifically mentioned, but I'm sure you're not so naive as to be unable to understand why someone would care about this.
    WQ and solo content is essentially "level 1" of 110 content. What these people are asking is to get more out of level 1. Perhaps as much as the guy who did level 5. What game does that? If the game has no more progression because you choose to repeat level 1 for months than quit!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Found the communist.
    Final words. I hate communists.

/thread

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    are you seriously asking why the majority of the playerbase needs gear?

you want the majority to have nothing to do?
    its a form of progression, it gives you stuff to do in game, for most its fun.
    Are you suggesting that someone who doesn't do any form of group content should get the same gear as raiders?

And the "its a form of progression" argument doesn't hold up anymore, we have artifact weapons for that.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Ppl want more gear but they don't want to do the content in order to get that gear, but because they pay a sub they should get the gear even though they don't want to do the content to get that said gear, it's this in a nutshel right?
    haha pretty much

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Are you suggesting that someone who doesn't do any form of group content should get the same gear as raiders?

And the "its a form of progression" argument doesn't hold up anymore, we have artifact weapons for that.
    I agree with you. this this and more this.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Everyone needs character progression in an RPG. If there is no character progression, then your game is complete and you end up bored... and quit the game and move on.

Obviously, you don't care about this, but Blizzard does.

Now I don't know how I feel about the story you specifically mentioned, but I'm sure you're not so naive as to be unable to understand why someone would care about this.
    But this isn't about the progression itself, it's about whether said player chooses to participate. If you (not you specifically) only play a portion of this game, and decide to not go any further, that isn't Blizzards problem to solve per se. That's your lack of willingness for any number of reasons.

If people would actually play the game the would get gear, it would be really fucking stupid if everyone could just go and get full 895 from doing pet battle quests or shit like that.
    What would the point be with raids if you have better gear already before the raid opens? Can't tune the raid harder because then the normal/heroic raiders gets screwed from that unless you'd also make the gear higher in raids, but then we're again back to casual crying that they can't get past 895 because it requires raiding.

So yeah, stop bitching and play the content and you'll get gear.

So Artifact Weapons covers all other gear slots? When did this happen.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Artifact weapon is a form of progression as well.

Have you noticed how much harder the mobs hit you for at 110 versus 109 there is a big difference, on my Mage I died maybe 5-6 times going from 100 to 110 after I hit 110 I died at least 5 times in the first hour pulling the same mobs I was wiping easy at 109. So even casuals need a decent ilvl gear just to PVE and to do the world quests at 110 in order to get AP for their weapon.

Deleted
    Damage and health of enemy mobs is so unbalanced when you hit 110.

A while ago a comedian said something like the following:
    "The gaming industry does something no other industry does. You can't fail at watching a movie. If you're listening to a CD, it doesn't stop after track 3 and refuse to play the rest until you've demonstrated that you learned the dance moves."
    (please post if you know who said that.)

Deleted
    One answer, so they want to keep playing.

If casuals wouldn't get the sense of some sort of progression, they wouldn't play. And if casuals stopped playing, the game would die off. Simple as.

Deleted
    You can also ask:

Why do hardcore players need gear? (it is a soft nerf of content)

Because progression is part of the game.

Why do full time raiders get so butthurt whenever someone who doesn't raid has the ability to get gear at almost heroic level? Does it remind you that you're not good enough for mythic?

Deleted
    Because we unsubscribe if we can't progress.

This casual hit 856 ilevel through world quests and stuff. Getting there kept me entertained since Legion was released and was some consolation for my guild collapsing, so not being able to raid. Now I've hit a plateau and the prospect of raiding with (inevitably) unsympathetic strangers in LFG doesn't appeal. It is just not the same experience as raiding with a guild that cares about its raid team.

I cancelled my sub yesterday. I suspect I am finished with WOW and MMOs, unless they find a viable non-raid endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Because we unsubscribe if we can't progress.

This casual hit 856 ilevel through world quests and stuff. Getting there kept me entertained since Legion was released and was some consolation for my guild collapsing, so not being able to raid. Now I've hit a plateau and the prospect of raiding with (inevitably) unsympathetic strangers in LFG doesn't appeal. It is just not the same experience as raiding with a guild that cares about its raid team.

I cancelled my sub yesterday. I suspect I am finished with WOW and MMOs, unless they find a viable non-raid endgame.
    Then find a new guild.

That is on you, not Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    You can also ask:

Why do hardcore players need gear? (it is a soft nerf of content)

And the glaringly obvious answer would be: If it truly was a soft nerf of content, you'd see players clearing mythic raids in quest gear. The second part of this answer is that there'd be zero replay factor in raids if there weren't rewards associated with it.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Game needs more Amani War Bear type things for hardcores to chase for their prestige. Maybe nobody will give a shit about what ilvl casuals have then.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Well for one as you add more tiers the gap between players increases. This makes it harder for new players as well as casuals who want to switch to raiding to get into the current content because they are so far behind.

Also casuals are what keep the lights on and the game running, if all the casuals quit they would need to cut down on devs and support and expansions would take longer and have less content causing several raiders to quit and eventually getting so low that they would have to shut the game down entirely. And the easiest way for them to add new content for players without taking tons of time is gear.
    This is so false that i don't know where to begin. Sure they majority of the playerbase is casual. But theres no majority that does not ever touch group content. I'd dare say that the people that refuse to do any type of group content is the minority. For instance on my small realm there are at least 83 guilds that is raiding according to wowprogress, or about 5500 players. That's close to 80% of the playerbase on this realm. You can be under the category casual and still do raids/harder dungeons.